Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Magicarp Quest

Darrow

Question

OK, so I'm following the Magikarp side quest. I joined the Aqua Gang. Got a bit lost, but was able to find the Aqua Gang member who said he sold it to a vendor on 7th street. I found 7th street, but I can't find the vendor. I found the "This building is for tenants only" thread, to no avail. Thanks in advance!

6 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Darrow said:

OK, so I'm following the Magikarp side quest. I joined the Aqua Gang. Got a bit lost, but was able to find the Aqua Gang member who said he sold it to a vendor on 7th street. I found 7th street, but I can't find the vendor. I found the "This building is for tenants only" thread, to no avail. Thanks in advance!

The one who has Magikarp is next to the guy selling the caged Pokemon, at the lower right of 7th street.  If you are already in 7th street, you should be able to find him.  Are you sure you talk to the opposing gang member who sold Magikarp to 7th street?

5 minutes ago, seki108 said:

The one who has Magikarp is next to the guy selling the caged Pokemon, at the lower right of 7th street.  If you are already in 7th street, you should be able to find him.  Are you sure you talk to the opposing gang member who sold Magikarp to 7th street?

No, when I found the Magma Gang member, he said one of the Aqua Gang guys took it off him. I found that Aqua gang guy, and HE was the one who said he sold it to the vendor. I only just beat the Bug gym, (#4). Could that have anything to do with it? 

Edit: Plus, there was no guy with caged Pokemon

Edited by Darrow

@Darrow  Ok, I've never done the Aqua version of this, so there are bound to be differences (or in this case similarities I expected to be different).  

However, the main problem is that it is too early in the story for this sidequest to progress.  You won't be going to 7th street until after beating the psychic gym (8th).

Edit response: The cage guy is in 7th street, which you haven't reached yet.

Edited by seki108

3 minutes ago, Darrow said:

No, when I found the Magma Gang member, he said one of the Aqua Gang guys took it off him. I found that Aqua gang guy, and HE was the one who said he sold it to the vendor. I only just beat the Bug gym, (#4). Could that have anything to do with it?

You can't get to 7th street until you get your 8th badge. So until then, you have done as much of this sidequest as you are able to

Edited by Lucky1998

Just now, Lucky1998 said:

You can't get to 7th street until you get your 8th badge. So until then, you have done as much of this sidequest that you are able to

1 minute ago, seki108 said:

@Darrow  Ok, I've never done the Aqua version of this, so there are bound to be differences.  

However, the main problem is that it is too early in the story for this sidequest to progress.  You won't be going to 7th street until after beating the psychic gym (8th).

Oh, OK. Didn't know that. Thanks very much!