Journal + Using HMs without teaching them

Waynolt

Hi there!

First post, I hope this is the right place...

Awesome game, characters and plot; just finished my 2nd playthrough (loving Toxic, my Skuntank was actually able to defeat Ditto without cheating nor using cheap strategies).

(This is not a spoiler right? I mean, the possibility of fighting a Ditto shouldn't come as a huge shock, is it?)

I do have a few requests/suggestions:

(this might be the 1004925284735th time you read these, but please be merciful, I'm new here ^^")

1) What about adding the Cut/Strength/etc machines as a new pokegear app?

I know you can already avoid having a machine slave thanks to Ame making them overwrittable, but swapping between them is imho needlessly bothersome.

Maybe as a "pokemon drone" or "pokemon simulator" you have to actually get/build through a side quest?

2) Would an in-game journal be feasible?

It doesn't have to be an auto-updating quest journal, just a blank editable space... (I'm already using a .txt file for the same purpose: taking notes about quests, main quests, things I've decided to do but don't want to forget, etc).

Just found out that there is a mod here in this forum that does pretty much this, but since afaik it won't work with E16 I'm just sharing this one...

It's just a slight change in the scripts so that every question like "can this pokemon use this TMX?" will always be answered "yes, if you have the machine in your Bag", which means that you can use Strength, Cut, Rock Smash, Waterfall, Dive and Surf out of battle (by activating the world object) as long as you have the TMX and the necessary badge, and that every pokemon knows Fly and Flash when out of battle (as long as you already have their TM or TMX, of course).

It is likely not as well made as the existing mod (I'm not even fully sure I used the correct editor), but as it works in E16 and doesn't crash the game it can fill the role of a bridge until the proper mod is updated.

Beware though: the fact that it doesn't crash my savegame doesn't mean it won't crash yours (+ I can't provide assistance if it ever does, since I'm not a programmer), and I have no idea about whether this will flag your savegame as cheat or not.

EDIT: "Max total size 0.49MB"... I can't attach it to this post! :o

Here's an external download link: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=49684240058564277210