So you guys really have to read this one, or at the TL;DR at the end. If you are really passionate at something, but you get ridiculed for it then, this read is really worth it. Yeah it is a bit weird too and kind of dumb, but still it has a really cool end.

So today in class we had to review for a major test on Thursday, and naturally we play jeperody. I don't really give a flibby flop about games like this, so naturally I made my team name Xxx360ZirrGrizzinateorNoscopesxxX (I was a captain cause I have the third lowest grade in my class, which is a 92). But then a rival team said he wanted to name his team Charizard, so naturally I changed to Blastoise cause he is my favorite mon, and then Venesuar was the last team. So why tell this, it is because since day one, when I came into the Navy, I got a lot of crap from my class for still enjoying pokemon, competitive battling at the age of 20, going to tourneys and winning. So we begin to pick team mates, and well TRYHARD.exe was initiated, I wanted to WIN to this one. All this time people were telling me that the last 10 years of my life were wasted, but my micro managing and team building skills came into play. So my picks were not my friends (we are close class so there are no hard feelings) but rather people who can synergize well, I didn't want all super smart people, I didn't op to pick the first place person in my class, and my clicker for mashing wasn't my classes Super Smash bros player, but rather a bunch of people who would have been tossed to the side. I saw the potential in them, and my team of off beat was made.

So the game wasn't going our way we were done many points, all the 5 pointers were gone and it looks like Zard would win, they started being BM and what not, but, oh no I wasn't going to give up. I looked to the board, we had a possibility of winning but it was slim, we had to answer the remaining questions, I opted to go from highest to lowest in points, to reevaluate our game plan. Rather trying to be first click, go defensive if we need to look something up. If it is a multipart question, give the part everyone knows, if I can't remember the rest of the explanation. It was all a ruse to throw off the enemies, and well it worked. By changing my tactics and we were able to capitalize on complacency and win the game by one point.

So what the fuck did you just read, or didn't, well it was an important realization, as I proved to myself, and my class that I do have the takes to be a leader. Making officer is a life time goal of mine but my nature and love for pokemon makes it hard for people to take me seriously. Through pokemon I was able to learn how micromanage, to raise the moral of my followers, and help them see things to the end, to never quit. Even if we lost, it would still have been a humble defeat, because we gave it our all. If anything you get out of my little story is this, don't let the ridicule of others put you down. If you are passionate at what you do, have the want and need to improve, and apply the core knowledge to the real world, the sky is the limit. You can do anything.

TL;DR: I used my competitive nature and knowledge of pokemons micro managing team building, to take the underdogs of my class and pull off a great win, in a game that wouldn't expect to get competitive in. I killed the years of doubts today, It might be dumb story, but it proved that if you love something you can learn from it, and use that aspect in life.

Thanks for reading if you made it through this cringe worthy story. :]

Through Pokemon I was able to learn how micromanage, to raise the moral of my followers, and help them see things to the end, to never quit. Even if we lost, it would still have been a humble defeat, because we gave it our all. If anything you get out of my little story is this, don't let the ridicule of others put you down. If you are passionate at what you do, have the want and need to improve, and apply the core knowledge to the real world, the sky is the limit. You can do anything.

This. I love this. Thank you Magus. And keep working hard. Hard work and a Dream is all you need to Succeed!!