Do you EV train your first pokemon?

MrJ

As the title says. I am mainly questioning this because I am completely new to Reborn so I dont know how this game works so far. There's no "about" section sadly.. Anyhow, of the little information I managed to find is that Pokemon Reborn has the competitive style as their edge on the game, meaning the NPCs battles you as you battle in competitive(?) And also that it comes with episodes, meaning there ain't an end game yet, meaning as in regular pokemon games, you wait till you finished the game to start ev&iv train pokemon, but since this game doesnt have an end game..

So please guys, point me in the right direction here.

Side question:
How does this work online? Is it only special occations where you can battle other players when an event is switched on or..?

Edited by MrJ

Well, it is not needed to beat the game, and most people don't do it. Still, EV training is always helpful if you have the patience for it.

As of now we don't have an in-game online feature, so no batling other players. I don't know if Ame plans to make it a thing, but if so it will probably be after the game is completed.

A nice way to EV train your pokés from the beggining is the EV Training Guide. I'll grab the link and be right back.

EDIT: There you go. http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7866&page=1

I actually didn't EV Train at all till the end of episode 12. Once I "finished the game", I decided that it would be a good time to stop and ev train for the upcoming episodes (also rebuilt my team).

So as a personal advice, as long as you keep a balance team in terms of covering a lot of types (w/ super effective moves) and not sharing the same weakness too much, you're good.

I only bothered to "EV train" (hehe) when an episode ends. I didn't "EV train" (hehe) until i hitted the end of episode 10. Only then, i decided to do it, because i didn't had anything better to do.

It's completely unnecessary though. It might make some situations easier to deal with, but i don't believe you'll ever need it for real.

I'd "EV train" (hehe) only if you really want to. if you're doing because you think you need it, then... don't.

Define EV 'Train' :ph34r:

a train full of those?

2cb.png

I only bothered to "EV train" (hehe) when an episode ends. I didn't "EV train" (hehe) until i hitted the end of episode 10. Only then, i decided to do it, because i didn't had anything better to do.

It's completely unnecessary though. It might make some situations easier to deal with, but i don't believe you'll ever need it for real.

I'd "EV train" (hehe) only if you really want to. if you're doing because you think you need it, then... don't.

a train full of those?

2cb.png

Ummmm, then uhhhhh yeah, I totally have one of those.

tumblr_libohwV8CM1qeh39oo1_500.gif