SHINY EEVEE

coralchu

It has zero defense IVs and a Modest nature (I wanted Bold), but on the other hand, IT'S A SHINY. Should I keep it or no?

I'm probably going to... It's just... Those IVs... I guess for once I'll actually have to EV train, because ouch. At least it has 30 HP and Calm Mind sort of makes up for the others.

IV spread: 30 HP/5 attack/0 defense/5 special attack/2 special defense/20 speed.

Edited by coralchu

Good God...

I'm going to tell you this right now, that IV spread... is just horrible.

Now, I try not to judge mons based on IVs and such, but even I would either release that little bastard or put it in a box to pasture.

I usually don't really condone this, but this case is a tad extreme...so here's my advice:

You'll be better of chain breeding for better IVs than you will be if you use that thing in battle. End of story. The end result probably won't be shiny, but...

Edited by Stratos

It depends on how good the shiny is.

If it's something like Bird Jesus, it doesn't matter what spread you give it. He is still fantastic.

This is an Eevee. Pink is generally left to real pinkmons like Clefable, Mega-Amphy. Modest might be nice if you are going for Sylveon, Jolteon, Espeon, or Vaporeon, but you might want to try again for another spread.

I'd like to rephrase my answer a bit:

The real question is not whether you use it in battle, but whether or not you keep it... I miss-understood that the first time I read the inquiry.

If you like the way it looks, all shiny and whatnot, then yeah, go ahead and keep it, it's your playthrough of the game, you don't have to get approval from anyone else before deciding whether or not to toss something back into the wild. If it pleases, then you could even try something like keeping it on the team as a mascot of sorts (though in this case, it would be a purely "Look don't touch" mascot since it wouldn't be very helpful in battle) or you could keep it in a PC box as a trophy.

Do whatever you want with it, keep it or release it, that's up to no one but you at the end of the day.

but if this wasn't what you meant in the question and you actually were asking advice about whether or not to use it in battle, then my advice from before stands firm.

Edited by Stratos

Thanks... Unfortunately I already got around to evolving it and I believe the dragon gym is coming up, so I'll just use it for that and if it doesn't pull its weight afterwards then I'll decide what to do with it. I'm still in the process of making my party, so it won't be a huge loss.

Well... I do hate the thought of putting in the effort to EV train and then never using a pokemon again... But I also don't want to chain breed unless I have to since it could take days.

(At least it's female so I won't have to go through ditto to get egg moves and a better IV spread.)

Edited by coralchu