Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Keeping track of those mysterious "X" doors

CURIE

Question

Chances are you've seen at least one of them. You were going through some cave when all of a sudden there's this big, extremely out-of-place looking blackish-gray door with a big "X" on it. Obviously, the four lines on the X are supposed to be blue, red, green, and purple, since those are the four colors of Reborn. However, they're all gray, and the door does nothing when you try to enter or interact with it. You have nothing to do with it but move on, and wait until something happens later down the line...

Whether it's going to be part of the story, just a bunch of sidequests, or a mixture of both is unknown, but whatever it is, it will undoubtedly become a huge pain to remember where all of them were when they do open. That's why I'm making this list, to keep track of all the door's locations, so that it's not so much of a pain to find them all again when we get the ability to open them. As for what's actually behind them, I won't say anything. I'll just tell you the locations, you can go see for yourself.

I THINK I've got every single one of them so far on this list, but if I missed one or two, please let everyone know.

EDIT: Ame has changed the appearences of the doors to the Grand Hall, Desert, and Wasteland. It's probably to show that the others are "special" doors while those three were just "regular" doors.

Under the Grand Staircase (2)
Location 1: Impossible to miss. When you're rescuing Victoria from under there, the Meteor Boss literally monolouges about it. It's in the center of the room with the glowy walls and 100% Unknowns.

Location 2: In the room where you get the mining kit. That room, by the way, is north of the entrance/exit, and requires rock smash to get to.

Apophyll Cave
Requires Strength. Well, first of all, the cave itself. From the Apophyll academy, head north, hugging the edge of the water until the path gets thinner and thinner. Eventually the path opens out into a small alcove with the entrance to this cave. The door itself is on the third floor.

Pyrous Mountain
Requires Strength. On the floor below the entrance, in the the North East corner.

Underground Railnet
Requires Strength. When you're rearranging the train tracks to open up the way to the Chrysolia Forest, there's an alternate door to the west you can open by directing the train tracks in front of it. The room is instantly recognizable, characterized by darkness that you can use Flash to light up, Arons up in the rafters, and a long, spiraling staircase leading downward. At the bottom, there's some items and this door. (Protip1: Don't have Flash? It's in this room. Use Rock Smash on something that isn't a rock... Protip 2: there's a dude in this room you can rescue with rock smash. Afterward, meet him and his girlfriend at the Obsidia ward Pokecenter and you'll get something nice. Protip 3: the big pillar at the bottom can be headbutted to occasionally drop wild Arons)

Byxbysion Grotto
Requires Cut and Rock Smash. First of all, the Grotto itself. After all of the blue towers in the wasteland overworld are turned from blue to red, a door in the side of a toppled building in the wasteland will open, previously locked. Inside you'll follow a series of dark Flash-friendly tunnels that seems pretty straightforward, until you end up in a room you could've sworn you already went through. Don't question it, keep going on, if you turn around to look, you'll end up back at the start. Eventually, you'll reach a dead-end looking (still dark) room, with four more blue pillars on either side (unrelated protip: there's some more secrets through a path hidden behind one of the pillars). Turn them all red, and a door will appear. Now the path splits in 3 directions. The left takes you to where you use the Odd Keystone to get Spiritomb, the right leads to Mr. Bigglesworth, and the center path leads to this door.

Beryl Cave
Requires Rock Smash. In between Corey's gym and the Cemetery, there's a set of stairs leading onto the cliffside. Smash the rocks in your way and enter the cave. This cave is also dark and can be lit up with Flash, also there is a rock climb wall in there. Too bad we don't have rock climb... The path from there doesn't lead directly to the door, but passes right by it. (unrelated protip: the path leads to a clearing with a totem pole. Try bringing an ill-fated doll there.)

Blackstream Factory
Just to the left of the Pokemon-cage puzzle, there's a door leading down into the basement. The basement is dark and can be lit up with flash, and the door is in the very back. (Protip: Also in the room is the TM for Psych up, as well as Magnet Powder)

Mysidia Railcave
This one's probably the hardest to get to. First of all, it can only be accessed on windy nights. Go to the Chrysolia Forest's South East corner. Where there is usually a tree, there is a clear path on said windy nights, which leads to a cave. The cave's puzzle is related to another sidequest involving a lost train captain and an Eevee. (protip: to complete that sidequest, keep going in the direction that the train tracks AREN'T pointing) Now, at the end of that sidequest, a final log describes a mysterious door that the Captain could not get around. He says that he put stone markers to mark the way to the door. What does this mean? Well, in each room there should be 3 rocks lying around. 2 of them should always be next to a specific side of the room. Go in that direction into the next room. Repeat, repeat, and keep repeating until you eventually find this door. Also, the TM for Confide is there.

Tanzan Mountain (2)
Location 1: When you enter the mountain from the Chrysolia Forest, there are a bunch of branching paths going in all directions. Some lead to dead ends, one leads to Route 1, one leads to the Meteor base, one leads to the hidden cove where you fight Noel and whatnot, and one leads to this door.

Location 2: Remember the Tanzan Depths? It was the place you got teleported to by the PULSE Abra, and escaped from with Saphira when you met the giant Steelix. Well, you can go back there. Go to what used to be the Meteor Base (Saphira reduced it to rubble) and next to where the entrance was, is the entrance to the depths. Follow the tunnel that was dug by Steelix until you reach that room with all the crisscrossy paths. (protip: In this room, the wreckage from the base above made a couple new paths that lead to extra goodies). Somewhere in this room is a door that wasn't there before. It leads to a flash-friendly room with a stairway that leads downward as the ground ominously gets steadily darker... The door is at the bottom.

Reactor Cave
First of all, you have to have beaten Luna, or at least gotten far enough into Iolia Valley to have the green part of the crystal plug. Also Requires Rock Smash and Strength. Now, go back to that room where you saw Saphira blow up a big hole in the wall (right before you enter Route 1). There's a green crystal in there, use the crystal plug on it, and it turns one of the nearby rocks into a smashable green crystal. Smash it and a twisted path that allows you to bypass the ledges and reach the other side, where you exit onto the exterior of the mountain. Follow the path until- what's this? You're back in Byxbysion? Yep, the wasteland is even so kind as to put a sign saying "W3LCOM3 B4CK" before shoving in your face one of the most horrifying Strength Puzzles you've ever seen. Figure it out and turn the 3 blue pillars red, and a new door will appear, leading you out on top of the Wasteland Wall, the barrier between Byxbysion and Chrysolia. If you try to simply walk across the wall, you'll be stopped short by a rock, so go down the ladder to your left. Next you'll go through a 2D (you read that right) series of Strength puzzles that involve dropping boulders into holes, dropping down said holes yourself, and ladders. I'll leave it to you to figure it all out, but at the end you'll emerge on top of the wall again, past the rock that was blocking your way. (Protip: Going back towards that rock will get you the Yureyu Key) Keep going east to find another blue pillar. Ignore the pillar itself, the control panel can't be reached so you can't do anything with it. However, hidden behind the pillar is the entrance to a cave, which contains the door. (Protip: There's another pillar inside the cave, but it looks like it's broken... wonder what happens if you try to interact with it...)

Yureyu Power Plant (Shade's Gym)
You might know about how the Yureyu Key goes to a locked door in the North West corner of Shade's Gym (If not, there's a protip for you). Well, in the North East corner, there's another door that leads to a small room with this door in it.

Celestine Mountain BF3
Requires Dive, and to have completed the current episode. Good job hiding this one, Ame. I don't think I would have EVER noticed this one if it weren't for stumbling upon it on accident while snooping around for hidden items. So, you know how in the North Adventurine woods, you can ride a Tauros up to the entrance to Celestine Mountain's BF2? You can't go any higher without Rock Climb and Waterfall, but the Icy Rock and a Dive spot are here. After you complete the current episode and are allowed to go past Agate, come here and go down the Dive spot. You're in a huge, underwater cavern full of hidden items, but there's something even more nefariously hidden. You know how you can see some of the rocks below you? Nothing's down there, though... right? Wrong. Somewhere in this room, underneath where the player swims around, there's an opening embedded into the rock. You probably glossed over it, after all, if it wasn't on the player's level it probably wasn't an actual thing that could be interacted with. But this opening, if you spot it and swim straight into it, takes you to BF3. From there, rise to the surface, and you find a small ice sliding puzzle, with this door. Also, a Deepseascale. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go to every other dive spot in the game and make sure I'm not missing a similar secret.

Ametrine Mountain B3F (2)
Location1: Requires Dive, Waterfall, and Strength. On Ametrine Mountain B1F, there’s a dive spot in the Northwest corner. It seems to lead to a dead end, but… Remember the well hidden door I described for Celestine Mountain B3F? Yeah, there’s another one of those doors hidden there. When you go in, you come to a really big room with a Lapras swimming around in the middle (but only on Saturdays). Somewhere in this room, is yet another hidden door, which takes you to the X door in question.

Location 2: Really the only thing of signifigance on the floor, sitting right next to the TM for Roar, a mineable rock, and a hidden Red Shard. Pretty hard to miss, once you actually FIND B3F. How to do that, you ask? I’ll leave that to you, just know that you need Dive, Waterfall, and Strength, and look for those hidden underwater doorways.

Citrine Mountain 3F
Requires Waterfall, and is pretty easy to find. You know the cave entrance on the far west side of Route 2? The one that takes you to Citrine Mountain 1F? Go there and go up the ladder north of the entrance. Then you’ll need to surf, then climb some Waterfalls, and eventually you’ll reach the third floor. The door is in the back of the room, waiting to be opened…

Water Treatment Center
In the Onyx Water Grid. After you’ve cleansed the water, go to the water-level-changing machine. Make it so that the water is up, and surf north. The door is there with the TM for Sandstorm.

Iolia Valley
Requires Waterfall, and for you to have beaten the current episode. There are two waterfalls in Iolia Valley (you'd think they would be unusable like the pre-agate dive spots, but whatever). go up the Northern one, and you’ll find a cave with this door inside it. The cave itself is weirdly lighted, seems ominous…

Citae Arc-D'astrae (Probably misspelled but I don't care)
Not sure if this counts but I know I'm gonna get called out on it anyway if I don't include it. It's at the very top of the Chapel, and is impossible to miss as an entire cutscene and boss fight revolve around it.

• Answers 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I'm pretty surprised there aren't any of these in Iolia Valley... or maybe there is one and I missed it... or maybe there's one that requires Surf or something...

Yup the is one,surf+waterfall are required to reach that place.

Also,there is one more,*hint hint* but the player cant see it.

I dont know if those two should be added to the list,but if you want to add them-I can help you check those places :rolleyes:

Yup the is one,surf+waterfall are required to reach that place.

Also,there is one more,*hint hint* but the player cant see it.

I dont know if those two should be added to the list,but if you want to add them-I can help you check those places :rolleyes:

Hmm... for the Iolia Valley one, I'll wait until players can get to it. It would be pointless to have a door that obviously won't be opened since it can't be reached, and I would have undoubtedly found it on my own when surf and waterfall became available, being the completionist explorer I am. But as for the one the player "can't see", does that mean it's reachable but invisible, like the Underground Railnet one is?

But as for the one the player "can't see", does that mean it's reachable but invisible, like the Underground Railnet one is?

Yep like that one,but its too dark to see it or even know where you are walking.

Yep like that one,but its too dark to see it or even know where you are walking.

Well, I know of two places like that: The dark room in Tanzan Depths and the Dark room in the Blackstream Factory's basement. It can't be the former, as you would see the bottom of the door in the player's circle of light, so is it the latter? Or is there another dark room that I have somehow never been to?

Well, I know of two places like that: The dark room in Tanzan Depths and the Dark room in the Blackstream Factory's basement. It can't be the former, as you would see the bottom of the door in the player's circle of light, so is it the latter? Or is there another dark room that I have somehow never been to?

Yup its the second one and hm flash can't be used in that place.xD

Maybe I'm wrong, but on the southern wall of the cave right before you enter Citae Arc-D'astrae there is a black thingy that may be one of these doors, seen from the other side.

Maybe I'm wrong, but on the southern wall of the cave right before you enter Citae Arc-D'astrae there is a black thingy that may be one of these doors, seen from the other side.

I covered that in the "Underneath the Grand Staircase" description. My theory is that it's the backside of the door that Solaris monolouges about in the room with all the Unknowns.

Edited by Eagleby18