Toxicroak movepool

pmegakid

I trained Corey toxicroak and wondering if it can learn any better move because right now it knows rock smash, sludge wave, sucker punch, and last move not important(mud bomb) lol I hate it know because it can not learn cross chop and that a egg move like really a egg move I thought cross chop was it signature but what ever. I wish I had earthquake TM

post-47725-0-93057800-1400527790_thumb.png

Regarding on the type of Toxicroak you run, Poison Jab may be better than Sludge Wave. But thats the problem with Toxi, the strongest fighting move he learns by level-up is Revenge, which is okay, but not that awesome. If you're patient, you may breed better moves on it. For example, if you catch a Machop and train it to 43 where it learns Cross Chop, you can breed Cross Chop on your Toxicroak.

Edited by Calvius

Which Level is your Toxicroak?

Did it just evolve?

It will learn:

Nasty Plot (Dark, Status, Sp.Atk +2, 20AP) @lvl 41

Poison Jab (Poison, Physical, 80, 100%, 20AP) @lvl 49

Sludge Bomb (Poison, Special, 90, 100%, 10AP) @lvl 54

Belch (Poison, Special, 120, 90%, 10AP, needs to consume a held berry first) @lvl 58

Flatter (Dark, Status, Enemy Sp.Atk +1 & Confuse, 15AP) @lvl 62

That's all after evolving at level 37...

Not counting Egg-Moves and TMs!

Edited by Cepheus

you CAN make toxicroak learn earthquake in-game. trust me, my toxicroak got earthquake, till i realized that it's not that great and replace it with cross chop. it's all through multi-chain-breeding (in game, you can breed TM moves to egg as well as egg moves, but it's a really hard work). for my toxicroak: cross chop/ poison jab/ sucker punch/ swagger (face it, 50% hitting itself is ridiculous). if you REALLY want that Earthquake, i'll tell you how to breed it, but if you don't like "hard work" then fine :v :v

If anything, you might want to use a Special moveset on Toxicroak, since Nasty Plot is available through level-up.

Something like;

Nasty Plot (Level 41)

Sludge Bomb (Level 54)

Mud Bomb (Level 29, Croagunk learns it)

Shadow Ball (TM30 obtained after defeating Corey)

This actually does wonders against it's Psychic weakness, and against Flying-types you can just switch out to something else?

If anything, you might want to use a Special moveset on Toxicroak, since Nasty Plot is available through level-up.

Something like;

Nasty Plot (Level 41)

Sludge Bomb (Level 54)

Mud Bomb (Level 29, Croagunk learns it)

Shadow Ball (TM30 obtained after defeating Corey)

This actually does wonders against it's Psychic weakness, and against Flying-types you can just switch out to something else?

actually this is a good moveset in-game (just in-game, no way we can see a sp.atker toxicroak in competitive). but the power is still lacking (only one STAB 80 power), and poor coverage. but if you want a set-up move, toxicroak can learn Sword Dance via breeding with Lucario, so the physical atk still available (but i don't think we can access to cross chop or drain punch WITH sword dance :(

actually this is a good moveset in-game (just in-game, no way we can see a sp.atker toxicroak in competitive). but the power is still lacking (only one STAB 80 power), and poor coverage. but if you want a set-up move, toxicroak can learn Sword Dance via breeding with Lucario, so the physical atk still available (but i don't think we can access to cross chop or drain punch WITH sword dance :(

Lucario isn't available in E11. It'd require the player to go back to E10 to get the Riolu trade.

Poor coverage?

Sludge Bomb covers pure Grass, Fairy

Shadow Ball covers Psychic, Ghost

Mud-Bomb covers Rock, Fire, Electric, Poison

That covers half the existing types. And considering Toxicroak is only weak to Flying, Psychic and Ground- It covers 2 of its 3 weaknesses.

Lucario isn't available in E11. It'd require the player to go back to E10 to get the Riolu trade.

Poor coverage?

Sludge Bomb covers pure Grass, Fairy

Shadow Ball covers Psychic, Ghost

Mud-Bomb covers Rock, Fire, Electric, Poison

That covers half the existing types. And considering Toxicroak is only weak to Flying, Psychic and Ground- It covers 2 of its 3 weaknesses.

maybe my point isn't exactly what i said (sorry because my English is bad), but basically you can COVERAGE 7 types with these moves, but you can't kill them with one-hit except STAB. if you can set up nasty plot once, maybe you can, but toxicroak is slow, and taking 2 hit before it can do some damage??? i don;t think so.for Flying, Psychic and Ground: it can OHKO you, but you can't OHKO them without STAB from shadow ball (just 80 power- so weakkkk). that's why sucker punch and sword dance set do a lot better than these nasty plot and SB :(