No PokeCenter & No PokeShop - Challenge

Beba

About 2 months or so,watched on twitch someone playing Gen 1 Red with the challenge called "No pokecenter,no pokemart"(it was awesome to watch).So basicly it means you cant use healing centers(or healing spots) or you cant buy anything,if you do its game over.So you had to find hidden items and use a planned strat everytime,just to beat the game.So,now in Rebon it would be ridicoulsy hard to pull that off,but image someone does it,would be pretty funny.xD

Ok,now here are things I thought about and modifing some stuff:

-The starter pokemon are lvl10 when you get them (because skipping some boring and raging stuff while starting off xD)

-New starter pokemons that replace the old ones (expect Tepig,so if you have any suggestion which pokes to use,feel free to make a list)(Completed,thanks to Vinny)

-Magikarp is free and its moved to Lapis Ward.Lvl19 when you get it.

-You get a suprise item at the start of the game ( :Kappa: )

-TM's are one time use,not infinitive. (aka x1)

-Considering to buff the event pokes with some more levels (first wanna see how is the run)

Rules:

-Obvious no healing center/spot (expect the auto double fights heal) and no buying(expect if you are forced by the game to proggres in the story)

-Pickup abillity,only 10items can picked up per 10level (lvl 10=10items,lvl20=another 10 items etc).Everything above is thrashed in the cane (by the player).

-All Hidden items can be collected and used (expect the broken "X" items,until they are fixed)

-At the heartscale move reminder you are allowed to teach your poke a move that it didnt learned before (skipped moves and moves that it learned arent allowed)

-Move deleter,you can unlearn every move (but you arent allowed to teach a poke the HM it already had before)

-You are allowed to mine every rock (but no soft resetting for a better loot,you take what you get)

-You are allowed to catch every pokemon from any encounters as much as you can (yea no nuzlocke,but no soft resettino if you fail)

Post any thoughts,suggestions etc :)

Will update if people like the challenge

Ps. The challenge will cause alot of rng rage,but thats good.Much rage=Much fun :Kappa:

Info on how to make the changes is in the notepad.

Download Link (credits to Vinny):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1bb52kgm199dbjs/PCPM-Challenge.zip

Edited by Beba

Woah, that sounds pretty challenging e.e Good luck. I'm guessing you'll exclude battles like the Garchomp and Arceus, or will you make it a goal to beat them?

Thats up to the player to decide.(The challange wont count for Garchomp,but if you have the strats and resources to spent,go for it.Arceus same as Garchomp,but you can Yolo it(side with radomus and if you fail,you will be sent to the pokecenter and its RIP)).

Back in the Game boy versions, Teleport brings you back to the last Pokemon Center you last entered. In red/blue the concept is that you could go back after Mt moon without using HMs(/diglet cave/surfing).

@Magus,thats why I am replacing the startes.I need brave and solid pokes for the challange.So if anyone would help me with which pokemon to choose,I would greatly appreciate <3 (Also I am doing this because,other people should take on challenge.Dont be afraid :P)

@True,but it doesnt matter in reborn,because when you use teleport it will bring you at the Grand Hall (In the begging its a forced pokecenter healing ,after that the challenge begins).You are allowed to enter any pokecenter/shop,just you cant use them for healing or buying from any merchant (you can talk to the any npc or use the pc)

Ok after some frustating rng at begging of the game,trials&errors-the urn got real. :lol:

So the general strat(in the late game) was to focus with only one poke (Whimsicott) and get an army of low level Sturdy Pinecos (Snubbul+Kirlia made that easy),to leech seed till the opponent fainted.If the strat failed then cotton spore+destiny bond/perish song and if that didnt help Speed Boost Scolipede/Work up Taurous did the job.Defeated Arceus&Garchomp pretty easy.All in all,pp wasnt even an issue,the only problem is that I heavily counted on the support of revives,thanks to helix I did have plenty.

Offtopic: Time to play DS2.x_x