Needing a quick switch

Kaiser the great

Initially when I obtained my Aron, I expected a long-term member to my party, don't get me wrong, I knew latter down the line Aggron's ability to get killed by every special attacker and their mother would cause some complications, but with the additions of losing his resistances thanks to the new gen, even physical attacks have been wearing him down - to the point that if I do call on him, he's only there to buy me a couple turns until the rest of my team can get some heals put in them.

So yeah, something to swap him out with would be appreciated; if I had to request for anything specific, perhaps a special attacker that can help me deal with water or flying types (Though moreso the latter.)

While I'm on the post, did Gardevoir lose its trace ability in the 6th gen? (Since I'm not an avid player, I have hardly touched my copy of the game.) And if it hasn't, is there any particular reason why mine would have shifted from Trace to Telepathic then?

it would propably help if you would tell us how the rest of your team looks.

But if you want something against water and flying, an electric type pokemon is obvious. To good special ones are Ampharos (slow but bulk) and Manectric (fast but fragile). Just look on the obtainable list, which electric types are aviable at this part of the game, maybe one of them catches your attention

Magnezone? Covers your Water and Flying weakness, excellent Special Attack, and better on the Special Defense side while still plenty bulky defensively

Also Gardevoir still has Trace, but apparently there was an "ability glitch" that got patched in 10.5. Some Pokemon had abilities that they shouldn't have had, and the patch 'corrected' that. I guess this means that your particular Gardevoir was always meant to have Telepathy. From what I read, it sucked for *a lot* of people.

Edited by mashonem

^ Oh yeah, I forgot about magnezone, defenetly a good choice as well!

But, it actually has more bulk on the pysical side (115 Base Def, 90 Base SpDef)

Edited by Calvius

it would propably help if you would tell us how the rest of your team looks.

But if you want something against water and flying, an electric type pokemon is obvious. To good special ones are Ampharos (slow but bulk) and Manectric (fast but fragile). Just look on the obtainable list, which electric types are aviable at this part of the game, maybe one of them catches your attention

Yeah, I was hoping for an electric type; but I haven't really ran into a lot so I was still in a state of mind where I figured they were for whatever reason rare finds. (Like nidoran male :<<<) And though I get the point of posting the entire thing; this was more of a matter of covering up my weaknesses, emboar and scrafty if you see where I'm going with this. Though out of the two, I'll probably be leaning towards Manetric due to my extreme disdain for Ampharos.

Magnezone? Covers your Water and Flying weakness, excellent Special Attack, and better on the Special Defense side while still plenty bulky defensively

Also Gardevoir still has Trace, but apparently there was an "ability glitch" that got patched in 10.5. Some Pokemon had abilities that they shouldn't have had, and the patch 'corrected' that. I guess this means that your particular Gardevoir was always meant to have Telepathy. From what I read, it sucked for *a lot* of people.

Magnezone would be a nice touch; especially since the decent bulk part can really clench some battles for you, but I had completely forgotten him as a poke xD. And should I use an Ability Capsule on my Gardevoir; is it possible to return the ability to trace? (Naturally I'm assuming this is how that item works.) It was like my best friend when I was hunting for mons );

Regardless, thanks to the both of ya.

Yeah, I was hoping for an electric type; but I haven't really ran into a lot so I was still in a state of mind where I figured they were for whatever reason rare finds. (Like nidoran male :<<<) And though I get the point of posting the entire thing; this was more of a matter of covering up my weaknesses, emboar and scrafty if you see where I'm going with this. Though out of the two, I'll probably be leaning towards Manetric due to my extreme disdain for Ampharos.

Magnezone would be a nice touch; especially since the decent bulk part can really clench some battles for you, but I had completely forgotten him as a poke xD. And should I use an Ability Capsule on my Gardevoir; is it possible to return the ability to trace? (Naturally I'm assuming this is how that item works.) It was like my best friend when I was hunting for mons );

Regardless, thanks to the both of ya.

Yes thats how the ability capsule works but it's random to which ability you get, so you may need more than 1.

Also another very good candidate to add to your team would be Jolteon and it gets volt absorb.:)

If you don't want to go with an electric type but still need to deal with flying, go with Jynx at least for a while. Smoochum is available very early on, and Jynx learns some good moves via level up such as Wring Out and Perish Song. It also has great special attack and good speed, and can learn Frost Breath by TM when you get it, which is fantastic. If you use a heart scale you can also ive it Draining Kiss which can give you an offensive fairy move as well as helping you keep Jynx alive.