Play Rough on Snubbull/Granbull

mashonem

Hello all. I've been lurking this forum for a few months now, and I finally found the courage to make an account here. I started playing Reborn two weeks ago, and even if the game's a little rough around the edges, I absolutely love it. Now, to the actual question. Note: if you don't want to waste your time reading the rambling back-story, I put the actual question at the bottom.

So, like I said, I've been playing Reborn for two weeks, but I've been following the game itself for much longer than that (shout-out to shofu btw). I knew how hard Kiki's Medicham was to defeat, so I was figuring out how I would take care of it myself before I even started playing. I came to the conclusion that I'd need a fairy type to do so. After coming down to choosing either Azurill and Snubbull, I went with Snubbull because I already have a physical water type (Gyarados), and because Granbull learns Play Rough before Azumarill (43 as opposed to 50). Not to mention the fact that Kiki's Medicham knows Thunderpunch, but that was something I forgot which thankfully turned out in my favor.

So I headed over to Bulbapedia to do some more checking, and I found out that Snubbull learns Play Rough at level 37; so I figured that I would swap train Snubbull until then, then let her evolve. When I did finally get her to that point, to my surprise (and disgust), she wanted to learn Take Down instead of Play Rough; I then realized that that is what Snubbull learned up until Gen 6 when Play Rough was introduced. Dejected, I decided to just let her evolve, and grind her until level 43, however I had doubts that she would even learn Play Rough at that point since Granbull also learns Take Down at that level.

Question here

Can the Snubbull/Granbull line learn Play Rough at all, or is Snubbull the one that can't learn it? As of E11, Snubbull is still learning Take Down at level 37, and I don't want to keep wasting my time on training her if she isn't going to learn Play Rough. I didn't know if this belonged in the troubleshooting forum or not since this didn't seem to be an actual bug, more like a coding oversight since Snubbull learning Take Down at level 37 isn't exactly wrong, just a bit outdated.

Also, for those who care, I actually ended up beating Kiki on my first try, and Granbull's Fairy Typing and Intimidate were invaluable to the cause Of course, I might have been able to pull off the sweep if I had Play Rough

Maybe it's an oversight by Ame... Snubull is supposed to learn PlayRough instead of Take Down as of Gen VI right?

I'm gonna run a test here, hang on...

EDIT: Yeaaaah oversight... Granbull learns Play Rough at level 43, so yeah, you're going to have it anyway...

Good catch though, i don't think anyone reported that before...

Edited by Vinny953

Maybe it's an oversight by Ame... Snubull is supposed to learn PlayRough instead of Take Down as of Gen VI right?

Yep, that's what it says here for Gen 6 and here for Gen 5

EDIT: Yeaaaah oversight... Granbull learns Play Rough at level 43, so yeah, you're going to have it anyway...

Good to know; glad I could help
Edited by mashonem

Can you teach it Play Rough at the move tutor (the one that requires heartscale)?I teached Mawile Play Rough at the tutor.

Yea ame said that she didnt put all the 6th gen stuff (moves,tm teaching,breeding etc).

That would be my fault. I went through and updated all the level up moves for Gen V and earlier Pokemon.

That would be my fault. I went through and updated all the level up moves for Gen V and earlier Pokemon.

So now i can "Tempest oversight"? ^^

At any rate, that means that there might (And i said might) be other pokemons like this right? Hmm... I'll pay more attention from now on...