need help finding a spot in my team

sandy

im looking to find a spot for my mudkip now that i have the exp share itll be easier to level my team i have 5 backup sorted so once i find a spot for mudkip in my curent tean ill have both teams sorted my curent team for pokemon reborn are:

guardevior (usefull for teleport and its decent special attack) personal opinion

flygon (what can i say i love dragons)

umberon (first time using one of these in any pokemon game)

magnazone (this guy has been very usefull throught my playthough and i dont really have another steel)

scrafty (been very helpfull throughout the playthrough) not sure how usefull he will be later on (also has strength since i benched my exploud awhile ago)

charizard (my only rule with pokemon games is never bench the starter) (also has cut)

any advice is greatly aprecated

Edited by sandy

This one will sound weird but, Gardevoir for bench. You already have someone to bulk special hits and Gardevoir is unimpressive. Even if Ame gave it it's Mega early it's not gonna win any fights without 100 Calm Minds. Another suggestion is scrafty because I think Swampert learns Strength. It also has enough bulk to tank some hits better than Scrafty. Dark/Fighting leaves it bedridden by Fighting/Fairy/Flying which are common in Reborn. :/

had both of those in my mind guardevoir as u said un impressive yet the next few gyms are likly to be steel and fighting which is why im stuck between them. and yes swampert can learn strength. i've had alook and your right magnazone has a high special attack also as for bulk i got umbreon also.

somthing just hit me, as usefull as guardevior has been to be up till now im not sure if itll still be anymore use tho i could still see uses for scrafty also that would free up a move slot, altho it'll give me three bluk pokemon that can survive hits i dont really mind that much. also which part of scrafty is week to fairy? and yes we still got those three gems left...dam it now im stuck again

Edited by sandy

Dump Scrafty then. Scrafty can't lift like Machoke or Conkeldurr can. ><

Swampert has EQ, Hydro Pump, and a bunch of other things that can handle Fighting and Steel just fine. Plus there is a chance that the Steel/Fighting type gyms have an Aegislash or enemy Scrafty.

Dump Scrafty then. Scrafty can't lift like Machoke or Conkeldurr can. ><

Swampert has EQ, Hydro Pump, and a bunch of other things that can handle Fighting and Steel just fine. Plus there is a chance that the Steel/Fighting type gyms have an Aegislash or enemy Scrafty.

ah true i didnt think of that thanks for the advice. much apprecated :) i decided to bench scrafty

Edited by sandy

Your current team is actually pretty solid but Swampert is also a really good pokemon, being able to take hits as well as being able to hit hard (plus that electric immunity). Umbreon on the other hand is very situational, most of the time he's actually pretty useful (tactical wise) but at times can also be pretty useless so I might say bench Umbreon. Other than that I would say bench Gardevoir (stat wise) but Gardevoir has fairy (Dragon killer) which the rest of your team doesn't have so I wouldn't bench gardevoir but instead bench Scrafty. Scrafty is ok and all but judging from the rest of your team you're better off replacing it with Swampert, your team would be more balanced that way

yep your right shadow usualy when i play pokemon games i dont have a backup team so i usualy dont have this problem but both og you are right the week link is scrafty.

I think you should scrap magnazone for a ampharos tbh it sucks balls so hard i can't begin to fathom.

reason for thinking magnazone is crap? is it to do with its overwelming weakness to ground? also its awsome against fairies and its special attack is very high, can you get a mareep yet and if so where?

thanks tempest btw did you guys do away with the delete option for your own posts? i know how to make use of mine altho i fell that a move is missing its got 2 steel type moves flash cannon and mirror shot as for the electric spart and discharge, im not sure if theres another move worth giving it...any suggestions?

Edited by sandy

It's strange. I can delete my own posts but plenty of other people can't. I'm not really sure. Maybe it's a post count or something. I know Vinny can delete posts. So it could be Ace membership.

I'm pretty sure i deleted my posts before Ace though... Hm...

reason for thinking magnazone is crap? is it to do with its overwelming weakness to ground? also its awsome against fairies and its special attack is very high, can you get a mareep yet and if so where?

Mareep is on the obtainable list but i'm not sure where you'd have to go to get one...

And he's too slow and can't really take hits and his 4x weakness to ground yeah.

It's strange. I can delete my own posts but plenty of other people can't. I'm not really sure. Maybe it's a post count or something. I know Vinny can delete posts. So it could be Ace membership.

i figured as much mayye ame should change that so that every1 can delete their own posts as it must be anoying having to go through each thread and delete posts that have been duplicate and unmerged posts.

Mareep is on the obtainable list but i'm not sure where you'd have to go to get one...

And he's too slow and can't really take hits and his 4x weakness to ground yeah.

A 4x weakness is not enough to cripple a pokemon... I mean, Talonflame has a 4x weakness to Rock... inb4 Priority Brave Bird...

Magnezone is rather slow though, and sometimes you wish it had a bit more speed...

Being honest: If Magnezone is working for your team @sandy , then keep it... If you need something that doesn't die to a mud-slap all the time, then maybe you should change...

@Tempest ... Ameeeeeethyst!?

thanks for clearing that up both vinnie and tempest, as for magnazone is there anything i can change to his move set that benificial? i know since its got high special attack and 3 special attacks its a good setup but i have the felling theres somthing else i could make use of.

and @vinny ive yet to see mud slap at all in the game and yes its working very well in my team.

Edited by sandy

Hm... current moveset please?

spark,discharge,mirror shot and flash cannon

im assuming gyroball isnt ingame yet tempest?, you never know it may come for titania

Edited by sandy

So long as you don't put magnezone up against its weakness (fighting, ground & fire), magnezone is pretty good and I wouldn't recommend benching it. As for moves you can take out mirror shot if have flash canon as well as spark. But Ame doesn't give that many TMs so there's not that many noves to replace it with. So I would recommend replacing mirror shot with a moves like barrier and light screen (them strategies), you can also replace it with mirror coat if you want (though it's kinda gimmicky). As for spark, replace it with Volt Switch (if the TM is in the game, I'm not sure) or a stronger electric move like thunder. You would wanna keep Flash Canon (solid Steel type move) and Discharge (Aoe plus chance of paralysis) and if you go double battle with it you can use Flygon or Swampert so they wouldn't get hit by Discharge.

Edited by Shadow Walker

shadow walker where is thunder please also is thunderbolt avalible? im thinking of teaching my charizard steel wing his move set atm is flamethrower,wing attack,cut and dragon rage. eitking to replace either wing attack or dragon rage for it

Edited by sandy