I feel like an alien on this planet called Earth

It seems like everything I like is against the norm way too much, and mostly things that would be shunned by society, like liking 2D women. For Example I find Let It Go from that Frozen movie, to be bland and uninspired, probably spoiled by Vocaloid and other Japanese songs that have more depth. I always go against the main stream (With some exceptions) and I only complain about the things that DON'T deserve praise like Adventure Time. Like my very being is like...to be the Anti-Mainstream...OMG I'M THE ANTI-CHRIST! jk I doubt it...

I dunno I feel like I'm so out of place anywhere I'm at...Honestly I bet A LOT of people would probably like to see me quit coming on Reborn, I dunno *Shrugs* and honestly I don't care...its like...I DON'T KNOW trying to understand people...well makes me feel like this:

Except you know a cheat code to understand people

GAH IT JUST DRIVES ME MAD....THEIRS ANSWERS THAT I WANT TO GRASP...but it sends me closer to edge of insanity. (Don't look too much into it, I'm pretty harmless) Like why do people do anything at all? Why do poeple just take whatever is thrown at them? How come the majority decides what's right or wrong? All of this thing and searching for answers is giving me a headache like I shouldn't question this stuff...

The norm just bores me...or is there more to that? I think its more then that...and I feel like I;m not a human sometimes too...

I'm done with this ramble of mine, thank you for reading this post if you went through the trouble.

Edited by James-Sensei

I think you'll find that a few of us here have similar views.

Hm...that doesn't really give me any answers...and that...you want me gone!? HOW CRUEL ;~; *runs away upset* But yeah please elaborate when you can.

Actually, to be honest, we wouldn't like you to leave reborn, rather, It's your personality instead. Think about this. Just think. If you just changed your personality, I'm sure you could get along and understand people better and not just rush in. Srs, not everything mainstream is bad. Some mainstream things are mainstream for a reason y'know. Other stuff, yeah, I agree, but just don't rush in and immediately start doing what you do.
But the sentences and words I just said probably mean nothing to you. Might not help you but it's something for you to consider.

Actually, to be honest, we wouldn't like you to leave reborn, rather, It's your personality instead. Think about this. Just think. If you just changed your personality, I'm sure you could get along and understand people better and not just rush in. Srs, not everything mainstream is bad. Some mainstream things are mainstream for a reason y'know. Other stuff, yeah, I agree, but just don't rush in and immediately start doing what you do.
But the sentences and words I just said probably mean nothing to you. Might not help you but it's something for you to consider.

I get what you mean and I know what you mean. And I don't know what exactly my personality is...its more like I don't know how to present myself in ANY social situation.

Edited by James-Sensei

It's called Individuality, it's what make each and everyone of us unique and honestly I believe that there is nothing wrong with it.

This is why I question certain 'mental disorders'. People would say "oh you're too shy" or "you're too temperamental and it's a disorder" but I believe that it isn't and that the person is shy because that's who he is or that person temperamental because that's who he is. Sure there are some disorders that I think are legit like going completely insane and seeing things that aren't there or being amnesiac but other than that I think the rest are just bullshit.

I too don't really like adventure time (I don't hate it, just don't like it) and seem to be different than most of my friends.

People like different things and have different views and opinions and you're right when you say you think the majority are the norm and I sometimes have to go against what I believe because the majority say it's wrong.

But just so you know this is just who you are and it's alright, you just need to find the right people for you to hang out with (there are plenty of fish in the sea) and I could assure you a lot of people in this forum would agree with you. Take Ame for example, she somehow managed to divert her topic on her first video on youtube to necrophilia o.O

It's called Individuality, it's what make each and everyone of us unique and honestly I believe that there is nothing wrong with it.

But just so you know this is just who you are and it's alright, you just need to find the right people for you to hang out with (there are plenty of fish in the sea) and I could assure you a lot of people in this forum would agree with you. Take Ame for example, she somehow managed to divert her topic on her first video on youtube to necrophilia o.O

Yeah I know people are individuals, its more life I feel more individual then most people maybe too much for my own good. So then I've been meeting all the wrong people then? (Then again in a different post I said I have trust issues). The necrophilia thing isn't that surprising for some reason.

Yeah I know people are individuals, its more life I feel more individual then most people maybe too much for my own good. So then I've been meeting all the wrong people then? (Then again in a different post I said I have trust issues). The necrophilia thing isn't that surprising for some reason.

I wouldn't say the 'wrong people' (though I wouldn't know since I've never met them) but just mix with people you can connect with more and like I said the world is a huge place with billions of people, there are definitely people out there that are like you(some may even be here on this forum seeing how...uh...'unique' most of them are)

Edited by Shadow Walker

So iw as meaning to respond to this when I saw it but it slipped my mind, but whatever.

We've had this talk, and as was said earlier, it's your attitude towards things that's bothersome usually, more so than your opinion on things. You can like what you like and you can dislike what you dislike and that's cool. The difference is when you dislike something for the sake of disliking it, or staying in a uneducated opinion about something (see our argument on Fire Emblem initially and then you ended up liking it as for an example). Honestly I think you're a pretty cool kid and I don't mind having you around, it's just something you have to work on. Don't expect shit to change over night. Though on the flipside of the coin, people should be more tolerant and willing to explain and argue (without fighting,yes it is possible) opinions and be tolerant of what you think as well. Trying to adjust is made harder when people constantly try to beat someone down.

people are people, man

it's not like everyone likes everything. So you don't like the mainstream? no one you should even remotely have feelings about cares about that. if you're talking to people who like the mainstream a lot then don't bring up your feelings about it or whatever. Avoid talking about it or something. Stop being friends with the person. There are a lot of people out there who share opinions, because it's literally impossible for you to have a unique set of opinions in a world with 7 billion people on it. Find someone, even if it's only one person.

Moreover, as everyone has said previously, you can't take such an "it's bothersome" attitude towards everything. And if you really don't care about changing your attitude then just don't talk to people with different opinions than yours. And like Edge said, educate yourself on things you don't like so when someone asks why you don't like it you can say more than "because it sucks". That's all.

i'm very much the same way. I was always labeled as creepy back when i actually cared what people thought. I've done a lot of observing people and learned a lot of their patterns. So I understand feeling like an alien. I feel like a recon unit for a higher intelligence. Don't worry, you're not alone on this planet, there are others, I promise you that.

There's a reason why people are different and good one at that. Life would be extremely boring if everyone were the same, thought same things, liked the same TV shows and felt the same about certain subjects. Honestly I'm glad that there are people like you out there James. People like me who don't take whatever is thrown at them and never take the time to question the meaning and the purpose of getting back up and trying again. When I was younger, fitting in was what everyone wanted to do; they thought if they fit in they could have a place in the sun. Now I think this idea is stupid, if you want a place in the sun then you have to find for yourself. In a pack of wolves, each wolf appears the same to the naked eye, when in fact they are all unique. If one of these wolves, say, doesn't hunt the same way, eat the same way or act the same way as they other wolves it will be pushed into exile. Now it is forced to take a good, long look at itself and ask questions. Of those questions three are very important: Who am I, what do I want, and where do I belong.This wolf then goes off to form its own pack, its own "species" of wolves. There is a reason why nature makes each of us different and that is diversity. No species can survive without it. If not for diversity the human race would have died out long ago, without diversity music and art would have never existed, and without diversity life just wouldn't be as interesting as it is. The reason why people don't understand you is because it is human nature to judge by first impression. But now that I think about it, being a regular human is kind of boring. And for a while ive longed to be something more, nor superhuman, but more than human. The reason why I am the way I am is because mainstream is boring and unpreductive. When your mainstream you can relate to other, however, you are also sympathetic. When your sympathetic you relate to the other persons problems, not fix them or yours in anyway. And quite frankly we'd all be depressed if everyone was so sympathetic. But James, I think your empathetic. You're a bit more than human because your ask these questions, and risk insanity because life is worth questioning. To do and think what you think, what i think, what many others think, to deviate from the pack rather then to lay down, beg and die, is very brave, stupid yet noble. And please don't quite Reborn, you may not think it but you not being here will always make a difference to somebody. And that's all it takes, just like you, for one person to feel.

And don't change your personality, that means changing who you are. There are ways of accepting people for who they are, which also means you yourself, must be tolerant of their feeling, opinions and personality. So don't change who you are, I like who you are just fine. n___n

Edited by Icy