Adding New Pokemon Error

I think I started my previous attempt at this topic in the wrong forum. I read this article : 

I have followed the steps it lays forth a bunch of times, and I cannot stop getting the error I attached below. However, if I simply replace the name of my Pokemon with an already existing Pokemon for the species, all is solved. i.e. I can replace an already existing pokemon, but I cannot create a brand new species without getting this error. I assume the problem is then with the species name in montext, or for some reason then finding that species name in enctext. I have considered seeing what happens if they evolve. I guess if that works, then that means the problem is with enctext, not montext, I'll update once I reach one of my pokemon evolving I guess. 

Please help me. I am very frustrated, even though technically I am playing the game with the pokemon I want, I want to know what I did wrong, lol. 

erroromessage.png

• Global Mods
23 minutes ago, etchasketch64 said:

I think I started my previous attempt at this topic in the wrong forum. I read this article : 

I have followed the steps it lays forth a bunch of times, and I cannot stop getting the error I attached below. However, if I simply replace the name of my Pokemon with an already existing Pokemon for the species, all is solved. i.e. I can replace an already existing pokemon, but I cannot create a brand new species without getting this error. I assume the problem is then with the species name in montext, or for some reason then finding that species name in enctext. I have considered seeing what happens if they evolve. I guess if that works, then that means the problem is with enctext, not montext, I'll update once I reach one of my pokemon evolving I guess. 

Please help me. I am very frustrated, even though technically I am playing the game with the pokemon I want, I want to know what I did wrong, lol. 

erroromessage.png

Can you please provide your code as well. 

Posted (edited)

As dred said, post all of the relevant code that relates to the pokemon you're trying to add.

Since the first error here is due to abilities, you probably don't have that set up correctly. The pokedex refresh code that was provided isn't helping because that isn't what's causing the error.

Edited by nocturnegal

2 hours ago, nocturnegal said:

As dred said, post all of the relevant code that relates to the pokemon you're trying to add.

Since the first error here is due to abilities, you probably don't have that set up correctly. The pokedex refresh code that was provided isn't helping because that isn't what's causing the error.

I didn't even touch the abilities code, lol. File. But here is the code I changed. Wherever it says "SOLOSIS", I originally had "MASKING", as I said it works fine when I have written Solosis instead. I've been playing well into the game with 3 fake pokemon, all of which are working fine as long as I name them another pokemon in the code. 

Codepart1.png

Codepart2.png

Codepart3.png

Rename them back and try again.

There is no reason why with what you've shown, it'd cause an error.

Until i have proof that the name is actually what's causing the error, i can only assume that you made coding errors in the original that you fixed alongside overwriting the name.