Electrode

Bullet

To submit a set for this Pokémon, please Copy and Paste the following code into a new reply and fill it out accordingly. Please post only set per reply.
[quote][Set Name]
[Species Name] (M/F) @ [Hold Item]
Trait: [Ability]
EVs: [EVs]
[Nature] Nature
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

[Description of Set][/quote]
Please note that the format for the set's details matches that produced by Pokemon Online's Export Button, so feel free to copy/paste sets directly from your teams, with your own description provided.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Electrode @ (No Item)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Dual Screens Electrode is pretty amazing. He outspeeds just about everyone, so it is ensured that you're gonna get your screens out before they can do damage. T-wave cripples sweepers, and T-bolt is your best way of dealing damage.

• 4 weeks later...
[Life Orb]
[Electrode] (M/F) @ [Life Orb]
Trait: [Static]
EVs: [252 SpAtk/252 Speed/4 HP]
[Nature] Rash/Hasty
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power[Ice]/Hidden Power[Grass]
- Explosion/Taunt
- Volt Switch

[One looks at Electrode, seeing 80 base Special Attack and 140 base speed. naturally, they focus on Speed, dismissing an offensive oriented set as viable. However, it is that exceptional speed, that gives LO Electrode its niche. To beef up that piddly SpAtk, a +SpAtk nature is preferred, though +Speed is not unviable. Thunderbolt and your Hidden Power of choice are your main offense; your movepool is less than spectacular. Volt Siwtch is a useful move that lets you scout and get finishing blows quite nicely. However, beware of Ground types. Next, Taunt is a great disruption, however you are frail that even some walls may be able to hurt you with offensive moves. Explosion's severe nerf is quite disheartening to users of the move, but the suicidal boom is still usable on Electrode, especially boosted by Life Orb. Note that if you do not use it, you can switch to Modest or Timid instead. All of Electrode's abilities are unspectacular; however the potential for paralysis leads me to choose Static.]

• 6 months later...
[Leader]
[Electrode] (M/F) @ [Focus sash]
Trait: [Static]
EVs: [252 Speed/252 Attack/ 4 SpAtk]
[Naive] Nature
- Taunt
- Explosion
- Thunderbolt
- Mirror coat

This was my FAVORITE lead when I was playing gen 4 on my D.S. (before I found PO and it had gone to gen 5) I made it to counter the strength of
Aerodactyl. I had no idea at the time that electrode was so fast! I eventually came up with this lead, and although explosions power is significantly weakened
now, it still remains a powerfull threat!

This set is meant to be an anti-lead lead. he taunts to stop setting up, and then can react accordingly. Thunderbolting it if its a physical attacker, or using
mirror coat if its a special attacker. thanks to the sp.def lowering, and his already low sp.def, one attack should take you to 1 hp due to the focus sash
(for best results use 1 I.V. of sp.def) And at 261 hp, 520 damage will take out anybody, sans blissey, chansey, and that one fish I can't remember.
Nobody really expects it the first time either, the way that everyone thinks of electrode is a rain dance lead! So they won't know what to expect from it,
besides explosion of course, and an electric move. This pokemon, can ruin both physical attackers, and special attackers. physical attakcers get hurt, and
without priority can sometimes be beaten by two thunderbolts, but static is the true trump card! Physical attack? You may get paralyzed. Special attack? You
may just die if the electrode user predicts enough. Finally, when thunderbolt won't cut it anymore and you're at 1 hp, or about to die, use explosion for a grand
finale! Hopefully, you've stopped their opening settup, and taken out a pokemon or two as well! For extra shenanagins you can instantly swap out electrode
when he reaches one hp(make sure you have a spinner, just in case) and the instant one of your pokmeon dies, you can switch him in for a quick KABOOOOM! he can then also be used for a sacrifitial lamb, if someone has a strong attack that none of your other pokemon can take.

So there you go! My wordy description of my favorite lead in gen 4 ever! (still great in gen 5) My electrode anti-lead set! Good against physical attackers, and
good against special attackers.
(0 sp.def i.v.s for best results) Edited by renowner

[color=#FFFFFF][font=Verdana][size=3][BOOM][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#FFFFFF][font=Verdana][size=3][Electrode] (M/F) @ [Choice scarf][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#FFFFFF][font=Verdana][size=3]Trait: [Static][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#FFFFFF][font=Verdana][size=3]EVs: [252 Speed/252 Attack/ 252][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#FFFFFF][font=Verdana][size=3][Naive] Nature[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#FFFFFF][font=Verdana][size=3]- Explosion[/size][/font][/color]