Ability: Solar Power/Drought

Timid Nature

EVs: 6HP 252SPATK 252SD

Moves:

Heat Wave

Air Slash

Solarbeam

Focus Blast

Charizard is good for its hidden ability Solar Power. I know you think I’m an idiot for running that even though I’m running Mega Charizard Y, well I’m also running Ninetails with Drought on it, so if I send Ninetails out first Charizard can get his job done maybe even without mega evolving. :3

1390412030518.gif

Ninetails (Foxy Lady) @ Leftovers

Ability: Drought

Timid Nature

EVs: 126HP 132SPATK 252SD

Moves:

Calm Mind

Toxic

Heat Wave

Hidden Power Ice

Ninetails is good as another sun support. It helps power up Charizard and the rest of my team even before they get out and start doing their jobs.

1390412061924.gif

Trevenant (Shady) @ Chesto Berry

Ability: Harvest

Careful Nature

EVs: 252HP 6ATK 76DEF 176SPDEF

Moves:

Rest

Horn Leech

Shadow Sneak

Will-O-Wisp

Trevenant is a great Pokémon especially when it comes to being a well-rounded “Spin Blocker”. Trevenant is especially good with its ability Harvest and the use of rest and Chesto berry over and over again. A very good stall in OU as of now.

1390412082485.gif

Excadrill (SpinME) @ Air Balloon

Ability: Mold Breaker

Adamant Nature

EVs: 6HP 252ATK 252SD

Moves:

Earthquake

Iron Head

Rapid Spin

Swords Dance

Excadrill is a very good spinner which is also why I run Trevenant. But, let’s not get off topic here. Excadrill is a very potent spinner with its access to Mold Breaker and Earthquake. Very good coverage for Pokémon like Rotom-W running around in OU

1390412104904.gif

Salamence (LikeABroom) @ Life Orb

Ability: Moxie

Adamant Nature

EVs: 6HP 252ATK 252SD

Moves:

Dragon Claw

Aerial Ace

Earthquake

Dragon Dance

Salamence is a very good sweeper, especially with Dragon Dance. I don’t really have much to say about him, but he’s just really good.

1390412125370.gif

Mamoswine (Behemoth) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Thick Fat

Jolly Nature

EVs: 76HP 252ATK 182SD

Moves:

Earthquake

Ice Shard

Icicle Crash

Stealth Rock

Mamoswine is my designated lead with Rock support. With focus sash it can survive a hit from a potentially faster Pokémon and get rocks out then come back and use Ice shard. And all together this Pokémon is very good one to use in today’s metagame.

Changes:

Behemoth (Mamoswine) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Thick Fat

EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

-Earthquake

-Ice Shard

-Icicle Crash

-Stealth Rock

SpinME (Excadrill) @ Air Balloon

Trait: Mold Breaker

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

-Earthquake

-Iron Head

-Rapid Spin

-Swords Dance

Slim Shady (Trevenant) @ Chesto Berry

Trait: Harvest

EVs: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 176 Def / 76 SDef

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

-Rest

-Horn Leech

-Shadow Claw

-Will-O-Wisp

BuzzKill (Volcarona) @ Life Orb

Trait: Swarm

EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

-Fiery Dance

-Bug Buzz

-Quiver Dance

-Morning Sun

Foxy (Ninetails) @ Leftovers

Trait: Drought

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

-Nasty Plot

-Toxic

-Flamethrower

-Solarbeam

MegaZard (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y

Trait: Solar Power/Drought

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

-Heat Wave

-Air Slash

-Solarbeam

-Dragon Pulse

Comments and suggestions are appreciated! :3

Credit will be added soon, give me some time for the pictures. Thanks

Edited by NotNeoThat'sForSure

Sorry for the team not being in proper format, I'm not one who has much time throughout the day and felt the urge to make this and neglected to read the RMT Guidelines. Again, really sorry about that. From now on, I'll see it to it that I go by those from now on. I would still like to be rated, I'm still kind of new so need some input on my team I'm still in the process in making. :3 Thanks in advance!

fire blast or fire fang instead of arial ace on salamance

Aerial ace doesn't really give that much coverage especially since it is only a measly base 60 power.

Fire fang and fire blast can help against walls like skarm and ferro who would other wise completely tank salamance.

Ninetails should have pain split instead of calm mind since ninetails cannot really set up easily in the OU meta filled with rocks and mega Pokemon such as lucario and recovery is extremely helpful if you want to keep the weather up. Also it should have flamethrower instead of heatwave because that is much more accurate and the same base power.

Talonflame seems like it could be a problem for your team

hopefully that helps

You've got pretty much nothing on the team other than Charizard that uses sun. Also, I would go with Leech Seed over Shadow Sneak; if your goal with it is stalling, residual damage is what you want, it heals whatever you decide to switch in should they bring in a counter, and Shadow Sneak's base power is rather lacking. I agree with the suggestion to run Fire Fang over Aerial Ace; flying STAB isn't all that great for 'mence, and fire fang hits lots of things nicely, even though it also has rather poor base power. Since you're running sun, you should have more Fire-type moves to actually take advantage of that. Running something with Aromatherapy/Heal Bell would help you too, because being statused basically ends any hope of a sweep unless your name is Zangoose, Breloom, or Swellow.

From personal experience, I'd recommend Solarbeam on the Ninetales rather than Hp Ice, just because I've found it very useful for killing Rotom-W and other water type switches. I know it might seem redundant to have to on Ninetales and Charizard but I just find it super useful, dat sun abusing. And, yeah sorry, not much of a sun team, considering the only two pokes that even have fire moves/sun abusing moves/abilities and the sun-bringers. But I guess with two fire-types you are hard pressed to add anything else, but might I suggest maybe chlorophyll Venusaur? I had a lot of fun with him, surprising people with that speed boost.

I like the Pokemons strategy , well as i see u must arrange the formation about them senting charizard first with no sunny day yet is looks like will lose , u must sent first ninetails for this team but actually its good way too because some of raining teams sent first the one who making rain so i must say its intelligent formation even u didn't arrange it too but its ur decision ^_^ im just telling my opinion

You try Mega Charizard X over Y because running two pokes with drought can be redundant. Also heat rock on ninetails will ensure you get maximum sun. With Charizard X, a sun boosted tough claws flare blitz will leave many dents in even the bulkiest of pokemon.

Weak team.

- You have nothing for Talonflame

- There is no safe switch into Aegislash,

- Ninetales is pointless when you have Charizard

- Why Trevenant over Venusaur? (Sun team -> Chlorophyll sweeper)

- You must be new to XY. Spin blockers dont exist anymore since Defog clears hazards regardless.

- When you have over 3 Pokemon super weak to Stealth Rocks, you keep a Defogger.

- "if I send Ninetails out first Charizard can get his job done maybe even without mega evolving. :3" No. Just no. You only have 1 Mega Pokemon why would you not mega evolve it lol.

- Many other threats wont name them all unless you want me to.

Solution:

Swap Salamence for Latias (with Defog). In this generation, Defog clears hazards and it's unblockable. Furthermore, swap Trevenant for Venusaur to give yourself a good sun sweeper. And don't use Ninetales it sucks in this generation trust me I got #1 in the XY OU tier take my advice lol swap it for something like Heatran so you can beat Aegislash and Talonflame.

I've decided to change this from a Sun Team, to an offensive Team. I'm going to make a new topic or I might as well just put it here:

Behemoth (Mamoswine) (M) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Thick Fat

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Earthquake

- Ice Shard

- Icicle Crash

- Stealth Rock

Martial (Infernape) (M) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Iron Fist

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)