Constructive Criticism of my Team Please

acstaton99

I am wanting to ask if anyone can give me some issues they notice about my league challenge team. This is my first attempt at a competitive team and I am noob with natures an abilitys.

My Team:

Foretress:

Moves:

-Spikes

-Stealth Rock

-Earthquake

Lucario:

Moves:

-Aura Sphere

Bullet Punch

-Bulk up

-Poison Jab

Jolteon:

Moves:

-Double Kick

-Dig

-Bite

-Volt Switch

Metagross:

Moves:

-Aerial Ace

-Bulldoze

-Confusion

-Bullet Punch

Gliscor:

Moves:

-Brick break

-Bulldoze

-Aerial Ace

-Cross Poison

Tyranitar:

Moves:

-Bite

-Blizzard

-Bulldoze

-EarthQuake

-I'll assume Fortress' last move is Toxic Spikes? Usually, with so many flying and steel types around, i prefer to go for rapid spin to get rid of enemy hazards instead.
-With Lucario, the problem is that Aura Sphere is a special move while the rest are physical, so I'd change it for Close Combat. Also, chosing Bulk Up over Swords Dance is a bit questionable, and rather than Poison Jab maybe something that does better against Lucario's main weaknesses.

-Jolteon should run an all special attack set in my opinion, with Volt Switch, Thunder/Tbolt, and then a choice of coverage moves like Shadow Ball and Signal Beam.

-Metagross. I would change out Bulldoze for Earthquake, Confusion for Zen Headbutt and maybe Aerial Ace for Meteor Mash or a more powerful move like Hammer Arm.

-Gliscor best runs defensive sets with the toxic sub stall

-Tyranitar usually has stealth rocks, but I guess with Fortress it isn't critical. Crunch > Bite. I'd scrap Bulldoze for Dragon Dance and get Pursuit or Stone Edge over Blizzard.

Those would be my fixes to make it more of a competitive team

Just saying this right now, the team itself is not TERRIBLE, but the moves they have are. For example, Jolteon's offensive stats are around 60/110. (60 being the Phy. and 110 is the Spec.) Unless for some ungodly reason you want a physical movepool, remove everything BUT Volt switch, as momentum is important. While Mixed Meta is good, why Confusion? The added bonus is only luck based, he has more options in Special moves, which almost all are better. He has no need for Aerial Ace, and should be replaced with another STAB, or Ice Punch for REAL coverage. Bulldoze is gimmicky, and should be replaced with EQ. Aura Sphere is...alright for mixed sets, but since your Lucario is a setup sweeper, it should be replaced for the higher damaged Close Combat. Also, since Shade is going to be buffed with Aegis, Crunch is an option to take care of him, rather than Poison jab. Tyranitar in general makes me cringe. ect ect. What I means is, some moves don't work well with their style of fighting and/or stats. Some are just god awful (CONFUSION? REALLY?)

As for synergy....your team really has bad type matchups. I mean, Fire and Ground types do exist, right? I think you put too much time into individual coverage in moves (which doesn't play well in Reborn League with this team) and not enough in a team strategy/synergy. None of these guys really support one or another (Except Forrtress, HE is alright), and you can't rely on Lucario setup sweeps against threats like Aegislash and Quagsire, who'll laugh at the mimimal damage you'll do as they setup/stall respectively. What i'm trying to say is, you team isn't awful, but the lack of any strategy IS. Try to find different pokemon that support some of the originals, find a form of link between all 6, and choose the right moves.