"Missing Kids" Quest bugged

vampirevulpix

So the "Missing Kids" Quest is lowkey bugged for me - I've reported the first bug already at the bug report page, dw.

First bug was the Quest List telling me to continue the main story, but when I entered Dylan's home in the Underground, whoops, the Quest continued (iirc it continued by visiting the PokeStar Studios with Ana).

Second bug is the one I'm facing atm, and I'm not sure how to proceed. Namely, just before entering Axis High for the Dreamyard shenanigans with the Puppet Master, the Quest List told me I should return to Dylan's home in Kristilline. I didn't, in favor of proceeding with the main story. Now that I finished the battle against the Puppet Master, I wanted to continue the "Missing Kids" Quest and went to Dylan's home in Kristilline, just like the Quest List told me.

No dice, though, Ana just says that "we need to wait for him to return", I can't go upstairs, there's nothing to continue the story. Dylan isn't at the Underground, either. I also checked BigJRA's Walkthrough, without success.

tl;dr: How do I proceed after the Quest List telling me I should visit Dylan's home in Kristilline?

10 hours ago, vampirevulpix said:

So the "Missing Kids" Quest is lowkey bugged for me - I've reported the first bug already at the bug report page, dw.

First bug was the Quest List telling me to continue the main story, but when I entered Dylan's home in the Underground, whoops, the Quest continued (iirc it continued by visiting the PokeStar Studios with Ana).

Second bug is the one I'm facing atm, and I'm not sure how to proceed. Namely, just before entering Axis High for the Dreamyard shenanigans with the Puppet Master, the Quest List told me I should return to Dylan's home in Kristilline. I didn't, in favor of proceeding with the main story. Now that I finished the battle against the Puppet Master, I wanted to continue the "Missing Kids" Quest and went to Dylan's home in Kristilline, just like the Quest List told me.

No dice, though, Ana just says that "we need to wait for him to return", I can't go upstairs, there's nothing to continue the story. Dylan isn't at the Underground, either. I also checked BigJRA's Walkthrough, without success.

tl;dr: How do I proceed after the Quest List telling me I should visit Dylan's home in Kristilline?

not 100000% sure, but I think you might need to progress to the .Karma Files point in the game, to get it to activate maybe...? I don't know if you've beaten Saki, and done all of that yet, but the thing in Kristiline at Dylan's house triggered for me while I was in the middle of the Karma Files update. A lot of the triggers for quests in the game are sorta linked to starting that now. Also, I think the whole thing where the quests tell you to "continue the main story" is a little off...? Because during Narcissa's Hauntings quests, it would tell m e to "continue the main story" when I could already make progress on the quest sometimes, so. Not to mention, a lot of quest stuff has been changed in the game too... So BigJRA's walkthrough is definitely outdated now, especially for a LOT of the GDC questline(s), so with all the changes, and bugs with the new quest list, I'm not surprised it's a bit awkward to figure out where you're supposed to go, or like... What triggers you need to hit in the main story for quests to continue.

14 hours ago, comcart said:

not 100000% sure, but I think you might need to progress to the .Karma Files point in the game, to get it to activate maybe...? I don't know if you've beaten Saki, and done all of that yet, but the thing in Kristiline at Dylan's house triggered for me while I was in the middle of the Karma Files update. A lot of the triggers for quests in the game are sorta linked to starting that now. Also, I think the whole thing where the quests tell you to "continue the main story" is a little off...? Because during Narcissa's Hauntings quests, it would tell m e to "continue the main story" when I could already make progress on the quest sometimes, so. Not to mention, a lot of quest stuff has been changed in the game too... So BigJRA's walkthrough is definitely outdated now, especially for a LOT of the GDC questline(s), so with all the changes, and bugs with the new quest list, I'm not surprised it's a bit awkward to figure out where you're supposed to go, or like... What triggers you need to hit in the main story for quests to continue.

You're right!!!
I proceeded to the .Karma Files and at that point, I could finally access the Missing Kids side quest.

7 hours ago, vampirevulpix said:

You're right!!!
I proceeded to the .Karma Files and at that point, I could finally access the Missing Kids side quest.

exactly what I thought would be happening!! I'm glad I could help man!!!

16 hours ago, Grimreaper111 said:

can someone pls help me its urgent when i opened the updater and it updated to version 13.5.6 i made the mistake of closing the extractor and now whenever i open the game it says to extract the files so can someone please help me out here 

Hey man, I really don't have a fix for this, I'll be honest... I also have to say, I don't think going into random people's threads is the best way to get help...? Either way, I don't really understand what you're saying here, as I'm pretty sure you can't run the updater for the game, unless you've already extracted the files properly. If I could say anything, I'd simply say to take your save file -- if you have one -- put it to the side, delete the current files you have, and redownload everything so that you can extract the files again, run the updater properly, and then put your save file back in the proper folder. Otherwise, I don't know what you'd do.