Pokemon Insurgence

Hello everyone,
Welcome to another review of other fanmade Pokémon games. Today I'll be doing a review of Pokémon Insurgence.
Before I start, for those new to the club, I am Blue, aka Cerulean Azure Brawler, leader and creator of the open club Rejuvenation Squad. I create posts about Rejuvenation and Pokémon in general. Without further ado, let's start.

Pokémon Insurgence is a complete fanmade created by thesezerain, which was released on January 22 2014, which has a level of difficulties from Easy to Hard which you can change in the options section of the game and includes Pokémon from Gens I to VI - Flygon. Milotic, Froslass, etc., and Delta Pokémon can Mega Evolve. So find those mega stones!!!

Before you start your journey, the game will show you a cutscene set in the Torren Region a year ago then you can choose which mode for the game, either Tradition or Dark; Traditional has more plot to both storylines, including cutscenes the route features no character deaths for those who don't like the death scenes and want to keep it PG - I highly suggest you chose this route. However, for those who want to see the game's darker side, go for the Dark, which contains all on-screen deaths, and strong language, including a non-censored storyline.

At the start of the game, you can customize your character to be male or female, allowing you to choose between three avatars; you can choose clothes and hair color; the choice is yours. 
You get hit with amnesia and, with the help of a mythical Pokémon, disguise yourself as a cultist member to escape the base.
There are five cults in Torren, from Darkrai to Perfection. Each of them worships different legendary Pokémon.

In Telenor Town, you'll meet Damian, then later Professor Sylvan; in addition, she introduces you to three Delta Pokémon consisting of Bulbasaur (Fairy/Psychic), Charmander (Ghost/Dragon) and Spuirtle (Dark/Fighting). Still, if you don't want to choose one of them, you can choose to get Eevee from Professor Sylvan. 

During the journey, you battle eight dual-type gym leaders, including cultists and their leaders. For gym leaders, depending on the difficulty that has been selected, I advise you to come up with a strategy to beat the gym leaders and they also mega stones. You must be in a different realm for the final gym leader to battle him.

Then you battle the big bad—the one pulling the strings. I advise using Delta Scizor, Delta Gardevoir or Delta Gallade to beat them. I strongly recommend Delta Scizor. He is a battle beast and can outspeed some Pokémon with Low Kick, which lowers the opponents' speed stat.

When successfully defeating all eight gym leaders, the next destination is Torren's Pokémon League. While inside, you get an explanation of the place and rules when you're ready to battle Elite Four; the minimum level is 88 for the first playthrough on the Easy Level. Again, as I mentioned before, I advise you to come up with a strategy to beat the Elite Four has a specific theme (I'm this in the order of the one that I find tricky); they also have a main Pokémon that can mega evolve; for the first member, Baton Pass is when a Pokémon has its stats increased, such as Special Defense or Special Attack and when that Pokémon Baton Pass switches to a different Pokémon that has that same stats increased (Which is a pain in neck trust me I know I went through it ) If one of your Pokémon has the move Taunt you're in luck when that move is used you sweep her whole but be careful on Speed Boost so make sure you have a Pokémon that can outspeed the opposing Pokémon.

Next, the second member, Trick Room, when this move is active, the Pokémon, which has the lower speed stat, will attack first for five turns. So, if your Pokémon holds a Quick Claw, it will go first. The next speed-boosting moves I will mention are Rock Polish, Dragon Dance, Agility, Automize, Shell Smash ( Lowers Defense but increases Speed) and Gear Shift for ability; Speed Boost in addition to items; Choice Scarf, Carbos, Swift wing (raises Speed stat by 1 EV), Lagging Tail and Power Anklet. 

Moving on to the third theme Sandstorm, the first Pokémon's ability is Sand Stream which causes Sandstrom to activate instantly for five turns. I suggest having Pokémon with the ability sand Veil which prevents it from taking damage due by Sandstorm during the five turns.

Finally, onto the fourth and final theme; Hail. At the start of the battle, it'll go smoothly until the opponents' Pokémon have the ability Snow Warning will active hail for five turns, so for this battle, I don't think that you will have a problem with this elite four member, in other words, so from easy to hard - Hail, Sandstorm, Trick Room and Baton Pass, therefore, you can battle them in any order you want. 

For the Champion, their first Pokémon has armor, so use a super effective move against it, and they also have two legendary Pokémon; also, their party has a delta, which uses the move New Moon, which turns the battlefield pitch black. However, this move is a double-edged sword, and what I mean by that is not only it boosts ghost and dark-type moves that Pokémon will take damage due to New Moon during each turn; it also has the move Spacial Rend which doesn't miss but with New Moon still in play you will have no trouble with that specific Pokémon because the damage dealt by New Moon will take it out. So once you deal with those, you should have no problem dealing with the rest.

Overall Rating - 10/10

This concludes my review of Pokémon Insurgence. I hope you enjoyed it; so this took yesterday and today (two days)to complete, so it was a lot to put together. 

Thanks for reading, and I'll see you in the next one. 

• Like 2