Underused pokemon that are very useful for reborn

armahmud

Hello! I'm on my third reborn playthrough and I was wondering what are some interesting pokemon that were surprisingly helpful in your playthroughs even though they aren't conventionally thought of as "powerful". For me Bronzong and emolga were amazing in both previous playthroughs.

• Upvote 1

Here are some Pokemon that got me through a majority of my playthrough ("underused" is subjective, but I hardly use these Pokemon myself)

Kricketune - It was the backbone of my team early in the game, and its Fury Cutter just massacred Florinia's team.

Numel/Camerupt - It got me through some tough scrapes, and did lots of damage when fighting Corey, Shelly, Serra, Aya, Cal and Titania.

Beheeyem - Normally I don't use this Pokemon because it's slow, but it's been extremely helpful when fighting Terra on the Glitch Field. Set up 2 Calm Minds and watch it clown.

Sandslash (ground) - It helped me in the middle part of my play though, especially against Kiki. Swords Dance with the Sand Rush ability on the ashen field makes it lethal.

Hippowdon - I considered this a slight upgrade from Sandslash. It was bulky and helped me against a lot of the bosses and gym leaders.

Heliolisk - I mainly used it to do damage quickly or pick off weak enemies. It decimated Amaria's team with its electric attacks and its Dry Skin ability.

Florges - I call it the "Dragon Slayer" and used it against any boss who used a Garchomp.

Sudowoodo / Magnezone - Sturdy ability + Counter/Mirror Coat = Cheap ways to get through boss fights, lol.

Those are the ones I can think of on the top of my head.

• Upvote 2

I tend to revert to more classically “powerful” mons towards the endgame, but one that’s carried most of my runs – from about Shelly to Ciel – is Meowstic. 

First, the Psychic type is really good throughout the game, and Meowstic is fast with a decently powerful stab. 

But more specifically, it has (can have) the Ability Prankster – and learns very good support moves to use it: weather, Terrain, dual Screens. Let’s also not forget that it also learns Fake Out, Sucker Punch, and Quick Guard. 

I also have fond (if less specific) memories of Ampharos (it’s good and you can get it very early on) and Scrafty (for the bulk and the intimidate). 

• Upvote 2

For me it’s vivillon and venomoth! Both function almost the same, with compound eyes/tinted lens, sleep powder, quiver dance and substitute, slower mons are all setup fodder to them. These nimble butterflies can really do more than expected XD

• Upvote 2