Pieces of Arcanius side quest

Calentz

This is the only side quest I'm missing, I'm completed 'Just along for the Ryder' quest as evidenced that it says [Done] in my quest log but I have no idea where to find this 'black piece' that apparently starts and finishes the quest once you pick it up.  I've read the creepy book in the secret lab that says it emits a dark energy but nothing happens.

Did I miss something?

4 hours ago, Calentz said:

This is the only side quest I'm missing, I'm completed 'Just along for the Ryder' quest as evidenced that it says [Done] in my quest log but I have no idea where to find this 'black piece' that apparently starts and finishes the quest once you pick it up.  I've read the creepy book in the secret lab that says it emits a dark energy but nothing happens.

Did I miss something?

Spoiler

Put an umbreon in your party then go to the room with the book emitting a dark energy. Then, while the umbreon is in your party, stand on the purple orb of the black fox logo on the ground and you'll be taken to another room where you'll find the black piece.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Baezel said:
  Hide contents

Put an umbreon in your party then go to the room with the book emitting a dark energy. Then, while the umbreon is in your party, stand on the purple orb of the black fox logo on the ground and you'll be taken to another room where you'll find the black piece.

Huh, somehow I must have completely missed that clue when I was there the first time...
Thanks!