Limit Break: Tales of Atma the Hybrid Hero

Hakimblue99

Author's Notes: I'm so, so, so sorry ofr constantly changing the first episode and delaying the next one. I hope to God this will be the last time I change up the first episode. Criticism and reviews are greatly appreciated!

Mysterious Motherly Voice: You are Atma.

ERROR!

Mysterious Motherly Voice: Remember, help those who can’t help themselves.

ERROR!

ERROR!

Mysterious Motherly Voice: I love you, my son.

ERROR!

ERROR!

ERROR!

Atma: Huh?!

A black-haired boy suddenly woke up from…whatever that is.

Atma: What the heck? Huh?

Just then, the boy realizes his current situation. In that he’s lying on the ground, leaving a human sized indent. Beside him is a river.  A rather beautiful river by that, with the sun sparkling in the water.

Atma: Woah…so pretty…what is this pretty place? Where am I?

He observed his surroundings and noticed a nearby rusted abandoned illegible sign. The words Atma could make out is “Park”

Atma: Dang. That thing doesn’t look pretty at all. Wonder what’s a Pak? How did I get here? Hmm…

The boy tried to recall how he got to this “Pak”.

He tries.

And tries.

And tries. Until he realizes, that he couldn’t remember anything at all. He can’t recall anything before waking up. His mind is a total blank.

Atma: Huh. All I remember is that pretty woman’s voice. I wonder who is she? I want to see her face…She says I’m Atma. And I’m her…son? Huh?

Just then, he notices his current attire. Which is a dull grey full bodysuit covering his entire body from neck to toe. Around his waist is a dark grey belt, with a slot to insert something. Along with a holster on his side. But the most interesting of all is a dull grey diamond shaped crystal, embedded right in his chest, as a part of his body.

Atma’s reaction to this is,

Atma: Eugh! What the heck?! I look…I look…I look so uncool! Euw!

Clearly, this kid has his priorities straight. Unfortunately, he was too busy fussing over his attire that he didn’t notice a cat right next to him.

Until he stepped on it.

Cat: MROW!!!

Atma: GWAH?! Oh, sorry! I didn’t see-

The cat didn’t wait for his apology. It just run away from Atma.

Atma: Wait, I’m sorry! Come back…whatever you are!

Elsewhere, a girl adjusted something on her watch, before aiming at the ground. The girl wears an inner hijab, while wearing a black and red hoodie which covers almost her entire body. She also wears black and red gloves alongside red shoes. But what’s most interesting about her is the scar on her right eye.

Her index finger pressed something on her glove.

Click!

Her watch fires a small grey ball. Once the object touched the ground, it releases colourless, slippery liquid, that’s almost invisible. Almost unnoticeable.

Young girl: (thoughts) Good. It works. Now I need to test whether it’s actually slippery.

?: Hah! This place is perfect!

Young girl: (thoughts) Scrap!

The young girl immediately hid herself behind some nearby trees, as a group of rowdy teenagers walk by. But not just any teenagers. These are ferocious looking teenage gangsters with scars and tattoos. Each of them at least wore a white skull tattoo on their shoulder. However, one of the gangsters has an extra “X” mark over his tattoo, and seems to be the leader of this gang. Thankfully, none of them notices her.

Gangster boss: No annoying adults around! This will be Skull Gang’s new territory. With no busybodies around, we can do whatever we want! Hahahah!

His goons laughed as well, while the girl groans in frustration.

Young girl: (thoughts) Tch! Just when I found a private training spot. I better get out of here fas-

Atma: Don’t run!

Young girl: !?

A cat ran past her hiding spot, much to her astonishment. Before being followed by a panting Atma.

Arma: Come…*pant* back-

Suddenly, Atma notices the girl hiding nearby, much to his surprise. As the girl stares back at Atma, one thought appears on Atma’s mind.

Atma (thoughts) Whoah…She looks super cool!

Unfortunately, because Atma is too busy admiring how cool the girl looks and the fact the liquid is almost invisible, Atma slipped on the slippery liquid.

Atma: Whoa whoa whoa-Ouw!

Crash!

If this is an anime, Atma would have swirls in his eyes as he face planted on the ground, with stars spinning on top of his head.

Atma: Ouw…

Struggling, Atma tried to get up,

STOMP!

When the Gangster Boss stomps on his back.

Atma: Ouw!

Gangster Boss: Now who do we have here, barging into my territory.

Atma: What the heck?! Let go of me! That hurts!

The gangster boss responded by stepping on Atma’s back much harder.

Atma: Ouw, ouw, ouw!

Gangster Boss: Nobody orders me around, brat! Not in my territory.

Atma: Territory? What the heck is that?

The gangster boss stepped harder.

Atma: Ouw! Knock it off already!

Gangster Boss: You dare make fun of me, huh?! You lot, teach this brat a lesson!

The other gangsters laughed sadistically as they approach Atma menacingly. As Atma struggle to free himself,

Smack!

One of the goons kick him in his side. Much to Atma’s shock, confusion, and pain.

Atma: OUW! What did you do tha-

Smack!

Another goon kicks him in the side as well. The gangsters laugh cruelly at Atma’s misfortune, while Atma suffer in pain.

Gangster Goon 3: Hah! My turn!

Atma: Stop…ouw…it hurts…

Atma look in horror as the goon lifted his leg, ready to stomp Atma in the head…

Splat!

When something hit the goon, right in the eye.

Gangster Goon 3: Argh! My eyes! It burns!

Splat!

Before the same thing hit the boss in the eye as well. Which seems to be…sambal?

Gangster Boss: Argh! My eye, my eye! Who dares attack me?!

Gangster Goon 5: That one, boss!

Atma glances at where the goon is pointing, and saw,

Atma: Cool girl…?

Cool girl glares at the gangsters as she took a fighting stance. While gesturing for them to come closer to here.

Not that the boss could see that, as he’s struggling to open his eyes.

Gangster Boss: Ergh! What are you waiting for?! Beat whoever that is!

Gangster Goons: R-right, boss!

Atma watched in horror, as the gangster goons charged at Cool girl, who just stood still.

Atma: Ergh…Watch out, cool gi-!

Slip

Atma: Eh?

Suddenly, for some reason, the goons slip on something, causing them to lose their balance and disrupting their movements.

Giving the girl a good chance to get in close and strike the goons in the neck, immediately knocking them out.

To say Atma is amazed is an understatement.

Atma: Woah…

But there are goons who are still standing up, and tries to attack her. One goes for a punch,

Gangster Goon 4: Hiyargh!

Which Cool girl effortlessly evaded, before getting in close and delivered a strong elbow strike to the goon’s chest. Knocking him out.

Gangster Goon 2: Uwargh!

Another goon went for a flying kick, which Cool girl responds by catching the goon by the leg, before tripping his other leg. Causing the goon to fall on his back, giving the girl a chance to stomp the goon in the crotch.

To say it is painful is an understatement, as evident by the girlish screams from that goon, before he comically passes out.

Atma: Hmm? Is it really that painful?

Cool girl: (thoughts)Hmm. It looks like my fighting skills hasn’t gone rusty…

Atma: Watch out, cool girl!

Suddenly, one goon leap into the air while swinging a metal pipe at her. Trying to bash her head in.

Gangster Goon 1: Take this, you brat!

Which Cool girl leaps out of the way. Evading the swing. But the goon wasn’t finished as it tries to go for another swing.

But the girl’s not giving that goon a chance.

Quickly, the girl aims her watch at the goon’s neck as she presses something on her glove with her middle finger.

BZZT!

Gangster Goon 1: Erk-!

Suddenly, the Goon stop in his tracks, as if he is shocked by an electric surge, before crumpling to the ground. Like a lifeless doll.

Gangster Boss: W-w-what?! What did you do, brat?!

Atma: I don’t know, but I bet it’s super cool!

Gangster Boss tremble in fear, as he realizes he’s the only one left standing. Leaving him all alone as the girl approaches him. Menacingly, despite the clear difference in age and size.

There’s only one thing he could do right now.

Gangster Boss: Kyaa!

Run away and scream like a little girl.

Atma: Heh! That’s right, run away you jerk!

Cool girl: How are you feeling right now?

Atma: Oh, cool girl! I’m feeling okay now.

Cool girl: Cool…girl?

Atma: Yeah! You are super cool, beating up those jerks! Thanks a lot, cool girl! If you didn’t beat up these jerks, I…I…I have no idea what’s gonna happen, but I bet it’s gonna hurt a lot. So really, thanks!

Cool girl: If you really want to thank me, you can start by explaining about yourself. Like what’s with the crystal on your chest?

Atma: Oh, this thing? I dunno. I woke up and I already have this thing. Looks so not cool…

Cool girl: …Excuse me?

Atma: I said I don’t know what this thing is. Or maybe I do, but I forgot. I mean, I can’t really remember anything. All I remember is,

Atma recaps what he remembered from the moment he wakes up, up until he met the girl.

Atma: As I was chasing that cute thing, I saw you. You look so co-

Cool girl: How do I know you’re not lying?

Atma: What?

Cool girl: How do I know you didn’t make all of this up? How do I know you really lose your memories?

Atma: Hmm…I don’t know? But I’m not lying. I really can’t remember anyth-urk!

Suddenly, Atma slumps to the ground as he held his stomach in pain. Much to the girl’s shock.

Cool Girl: Hey, what’s wrong?! What’s with your stomach?

Cool girl: (thoughts) Scrap! Don’t tell me he’s got internal bleeding!...or maybe, this is a trick to lower my guard?!

She aimed her watch at Atma, ready to fire in case Atma tries something funn-

GRU~

Until she hears the sound of a hungry stomach.

Atma: Urgh…it…hurts…

Cool girl: (thoughts) …

…Hmm. He doesn’t seem to be faking it…a trip to Pak Majid’s food should to the jo-wait, why should I care about him? I don’t know who he is. He has no relation to me.

It’s not my problem.

It’s not my business.

It’s not my concern-

Cool Girl(much younger): Ibu, why are you cooking all these meals?

Girl’s mother: For the masjid’s charity event, of course. For the poor and unfortunate people.

Cool Girl(much younger): I know that, but why for them? Do you know those people? Are they your friends?

Girl’s mother: Whether I know them or not, is irrelevant, Zafira. What matter is, that they are less fortunate than we are. That they are hungrier than we are. That they suffering more than we do. It’s because we are more fortunate that we should be helping others, my cute daughter.

Cool girl: (thoughts)…And look where that got you, Ibu. Because of your altruism, you…you…you…

Atma: You, urgh, okay cool girl?

Cool girl: Hmm?

Cool girl was astonished. Not expecting concern from him.

Cool girl: …I’m not the one with an aching stomach.

Atma: I know, urgh, but are you okay? You seem…seem…how should I say this? You don’t seem okay?

The girl stares at Atma’s perplexing behaviour. He’s the one who just got beat up and suffering from a stomach ache, yet he’s asking if she’s okay? Either he’s just acting nice or….

Cool girl: …That’s none of your concern. What matters is that you need something to eat. Stand up.

Atma: Oh. Alright then.

Cool girl: Good. Now hold still.

The young girl took out a red kain sarung, before wrapping it around Atma’s chest, covering the crystal on his chest.

Cool girl: Don’t take this off. Don’t tell anyone else about your crystal. Don’t show anyone else unless I say so. Got it?

Atma: Got it, cool girl. No way I’m gonna take this cool thing off.

Cool girl: (thoughts) …That’s just kain sarung.

Cool girl: Follow me. I know a place where you can eat.

Atma: Really? Cool! Thanks, cool girl!

Cool girl: Stop it.

Cool girl: Just call me Zafira.

Atma: No prob, Zafira. And you can call me Atma!

Zafira: *groan* I know.

Zafira: (thoughts) I’m only doing this because I want to know what’s the deal with the crystal on his chest. That’s all there is to it. Nothing else. Nothing more. Not because of some stupid altruism…

With Zafira leading the way, the two of them exited the abandoned park and entered a district. Who look like it had seen better days.

Atma: Ergh…

Not that Atma realized that, as his stomach ache grew stronger.

Zafira: Here.

The girl entered a run-down restaurant named Pak Majid’s Food, with Atma behind her. A waiter greets them.

Male Waiter: Salam, Zafira-Oh, what’s with your friend?

Atma: Hun…gry…

Zafira: Whip up something quick for him please. Anything would do.

Male Waiter: Alright then, what about you?

Zafira: Nothing. He’s the only one eating today.

Male Waiter: If you say so.

The two of them sat at a table. Or rather, Zafira sat. Atma slumps into his chair.

Atma: Ergh…so hungry…

Zafira: Patience.

Atma: Fine…

Zafira: Hold still.

Zafira ordered as she took out her handphone, and took a picture of Atma’s face.

Atma: What are…ergh…you doing?

Zafira: None of your concern.

Atma: Fine…

As Atma slumped on the table, waiting for his food, Zafira searches Atma’s name and face on the Internet.

And found no match.

Zafira: (thoughts) Huh?

Refresh search

No match.

Refresh search.

No match.

Zafira: …You sure your name is Atma?

Atma: Yes…urgh…hungry…

Male Waiter: Here’s a Nasi Lemak, adik.

Atma: Finally…thanks…

Zafira: (thoughts)Hmm…even if his name isn’t Atma, I’d expect at least one profile to appear that match his face…could it be, he’s not registered? Maybe an illegal immigrant?! But his Bahasa Melayu is decently fluent.

NYOM!

What happen next made Zafira’s eyes grew comically wide, it almost fell out of her sockets.

Because Atma finish one plate of food in one bite.

Atma: SO YUMMY!!!

Zafira: …You finished a whole plate. In one go.

Atma: Yeah!

Zafira: …How.

The male waiter chuckle in amusement.

Male Waiter: Adik, you eat what’s on the plate. Not the plate.

Atma: Oh, really?

Complying, Atma put down his plate before he could take a bite out of it.

Zafira continues to stare with bewilderment as Atma’s antics.

Male Waiter: Hahahah! It’s rare to see a Malay kid enjoying rice nowadays.

Female Waiter: There’s more where that came from, adik.

Another waiter, a female, placed two plates of steaming food on their table. Much to Atma’s delight, and Zafira’s suspicion.

Zafira: I only ordered one meal.

Female Waiter: A secret admirer decided to treat you two.

Atma: Thanks secret admirer! Whoever you are!

Just as he is about to feast on his second meal, Zafira swipes his plate away.

Atma: Huh? What are you doing, Zafira?

Zafira: You don’t find this suspicious?

Atma: Suspi…what?

Zafira: Urgh, I mean, don’t you think this is weird?

Atma: What’s weird?

Male Waiter: Yeah, Zafira. It’s just someone treating you to food.

Female Waiter: It’s rude to refuse someone’s gift, you know. Refusing rezeki.

Atma: Yeah, what she said.

Zafira: …Tch! Fine. Here.

Atma: Nice!

Atma open his mouth wide, ready to eat a whole plate of food again. Before Zafira swipes the plate away.

Atma: Hey!

Zafira: Learn some manners first.

Atma: Who’s manners?

Female Waiter: Hahahah! Your friend sure is a funny one.

Zafira just groaned.

One lesson about manners later…a long, long, long lesson…

Atma: Mmm! So yummy!

Zafira: (thoughts) No wonder parents get so stressed…

Atma: Hmm? Zafira, your food’s over there.

Zafira: I know.

Atma: So why aren’t you eating it?

Zafira: I’m not hungry.

Atma: Really? But the food’s so yummy!

Zafira: Don’t make me repeat myself.

Atma: Alright. But seriously, the food is yummy. Thanks a lot, Zafira for bringing me to this cool place.

Zafira: Don’t mention it.

Atma: And for saving me from those jerks.

Zafira: You already said that.

Atma: Well, I’m saying it again. Thanks, Zafira. You’re super cool! Love ya!

As soon he said those words, suddenly, his clothes transformed. Gone are the dull faded grey colours. What replaces it are the colours crimson red and sky blue. Even his belt became half red and half blue. But what’s most interesting is his chest crystal which glows red and blue, causing the sarong to loosen somehow, before Atma’s crystal turns into a half blue and half red crystal.

To say Zafira was surprised is an understatement. And she’s not the only one. Everyone in the restaurant stared at Atma in shock. While Atma,

Atma: Oh. My. God.  SO COOL!

His eyes sparkle with glee, not at all perturbed or disturbed by what is currently happening.

Zafira: H…how did you change your clothes like that?

Female Waiter: And what’s with your…chest, adik?

Atma: No idea, but it’s look so cool!

He pointed at the red portion of his attire.

Atma: Look at this! It looks just like yours, Zafira!

Zafira: I can see that…

Female Waiter: Adik, your watch!

Zafira: !

Zafira glanced at her watch. And gasped in shock as her watch suddenly has a glowing crystal embedded to it, similar to Atma’s, except in red and black.

Atma: Woah, didn’t know you had that as well?! Cool!

Zafira: I don’t…

Zafira: (thoughts) How…what…why…

Atma: Sooo cool! We both…we both…we both…err…

Female Waiter: Match?

Atma: Yeah! That’s it. We match! So awesome! Can this day get any better?

Boom!

Atma: Gwah!

Suddenly, a loud noise from outside caught everyone by surprise. Especially Atma who fall from his chair. Upside down.

Zafira: You okay?! (thoughts) What was that noise?

Atma: I’m okay. What’s that sound?

Zafira: How should I know!?

Zafira growled, before realising her mistake.

Zafira: Sorry. Didn’t mean to yel-Oi! Where are you going?

Atma: I want to see what the heck that is!

Atma’s not the only one as everyone else in the restaurant headed outside to satisfy their curiosity. Which is then followed by a reluctant Zafira.

Zafira: (thoughts) Damn you…

But once everyone steps outside, the sight they saw immediately took their breath away. But not in a good way.

Because right now, a grey humanoid reptilian monster wielding a large hammer, is wrecking the town.

Hammer Monster: Hahahah!

The monster maniacally lifted it’s hammer high, before slamming it down on the ground, releasing a shockwave. Smashing up the street even more.

Zafira: (thoughts) What. The. Heck. A monster. A monster. A real life monster?! How?!

For the first time in a while, her body shake in shock, fear, and horror. A feeling shared by the other onlookers.

Zafira: (thoughts) This isn’t a dream. This isn’t a cartoon. This is-

Atma: So cool!

Everyone else glares at an oblivious Atma, who’s eyes sparkle at the sight of that monster. While Zafira comically faceplanted to the floor, anime style.

Zafira: (thoughts) Seriously?!

Blam! Blam! Blam!

Several shots hit the monster, as it came from several policemen pointing their guns at the monster.

Policemen: Surrender! This is your final warning!

Unfortunately, their shots barely scratch the monster.

Zafira: (thoughts)Their guns didn’t work?!

Hammer Monster: Heh! Is that all you cops got?! Weak! Let me show what true strength is! Hiyargh!

Boom!

With a Hammer swing, the monster launched a shockwave at the stunned police, who couldn’t dodge in time.

Argh!

Ergh!

Urgh!

Atma: Oh My God! Are they okay?!

Atma gasp in horror at the sprawled, unconscious bodies of the police. A sentiment shared with nearly everyone who was watching. Some onlookers already fainting in shock.

Zafira: They seem fine to me.

Atma: Really?

Zafira: Of course not!

Atma: I take it back. That jerk is not cool at all!

Zafira: (sarcastically)Oh really? What gave that away?

Hammer Monster: Hah! That ghost motorcycle was right! You cops can’t do anything against me! None of you cops can get in my way again. I can do anything I want! Ahahahah!

The monster lifted it’s hammer once again, going for another shockwave. Aiming for the unconscious policemen. Much to Atma’s horror.

Which triggered something inside him.

Atma: Stop!

Fwoosh!

One moment he was beside Zafira. Next, Atma was leaping through the air, before punching the monster in the face.

The crowd gasped in confusion, surprise and amazement. Especially Zafira.

Zafira: (thoughts) Did he just…?! How did he move so fast? And what’s that “Fwoosh” sound?

Hammer Monster: Argh!

Atma: Knock it off! You’re hurting them!

Hammer Monster: HOW DARE YOU BRA-oh. Oh. It’s you!

Atma: Yeah, it’s me!…what about it?

Hammer Monster: You’re that brat from earlier!

Atma: …Do I know you?

Zafira: (thoughts) Earlier? What is that freak talking about…wait.

Hammer Monster: Finally…I get to finish you off! Hiyargh!

The monster swing at Atma,

Fwoosh!

Who narrowly evaded.

Atma: Hey! I said knock it off!

Hammer Monster: Huwargh!

The monster launches a shockwave at Atma,

Fwoosh!

Which Atma dodged by leaping out of the way.

Zafira: (thoughts) That sound…it sounds like a jet thruster…

Hammer Monster: What are you?! How are you moving that fast?

Atma: I…have no idea, really. How do I move this fast?...But even if I know, what makes you think I will tell you, you jerk! Take this!

Fwoosh!

Atma leaped through the air, ready to deliver another punch.

When suddenly,

Bam.

Zafira: Huh?

For some reason, Atma stop in his tracks as he clutches his back, seemingly in pain.

Atma: Ouw, what the?

Zafira: Atma, watch out!

Smash!

Atma: Woah!

Barely, just barely, Atma dodges the hammer swing by boosting sideways. But unfortunately, he wasn’t looking where he was going, and accidently step on some debris caused by the monster’s attacks.

Atma: Whoa!

Atma struggles as he tries to regain his balance and not falling on the asphalt. But unfortunately, this distracted him from noticing the monster’s next swing.

Zafira: Watch out!

Until it was too late.

Boom!

The direct shockwave sent the boy flying, before landing on the tarmac and groaning in pain.

Atma: ARGH!! Sakitnya!!! Ergh…

The force of the hammer is so strong, it didn’t just tear through his attire, it actually tore through Atma’s skin, revealing something that shock everyone even more.

Machine parts and wires. Like that of a machine.

Zafira: Atma…you’re…a robot?

Blue liquid drips from Atma’s gaping wound, as Atma’s struggle in pain. While the monster mocks him.

Hammer Monster: Hah! So you’re a freak! That explains everything. Oh, but don’t worry freak. I’ll show you where you belong. In the trash!

The monster cackled as it lifted it’s hammer, ready to deliver another shockwave towards Atma…

Before a bolt arrow struck the monster in the chest.

BZZT!

Hammer Monster: Erk!

Courtesy of Zafira, aiming her watch at the monster. Or more accurately, a watch which has somehow transformed into a crossbow.

Zafira: (thoughts) To think I would use this Crossbow Mode for someone I literally just meet…

Despite his intense pain, Atma’s eyes sparkle in amazement at Zafira’s weapon.

Atma: Whoah…you…ergh…so cool…ouw…

Zafira: Stop talking.

As the monster writhe in pain, struggling with paralysis, Zafira pulled back her bow, generating a new bolt arrow.

Bam.

When her crossbow suddenly reverts back into a watch. Much to her shock and confusion.

Zafira: Huh?!

Zafira press on her watch, trying to transform it into a crossbow. But her watch remains as a watch. It’s as if her watch’s transforming mechanism is broken.

Zafira: Scrap!

Atma: Zafira? Ergh…is…everything okay?

Hammer Monster: Ergh…

What’s worse, the monster’s paralysis has worn off. Leaving Zafira defenceless against the ferocious and enraged monster.

Hammer Monster: You…you brats! I…I’ll kill you both! Rragh!

Zafira stare in horror and fear as the monster launches another shockwave, aiming at her this time. If Zafira was thinking more clearly, she would have quickly gotten out of the way.

But she wasn’t calm. She wasn’t thinking clearly. For the first time ever, she was panicking. She was scared. She was terrified.

Atma: Zafira!

As Zafira watch in horror as the shockwave is approaching her at an alarming speed…

JET RUHA SLASH

Suddenly, a dark purple energy slash intercepted the shockwave. Protecting Zafira.

Zafira: (thoughts) …Huh?

Hammer Monster: Hah?!

Zafira: Atma…?

Zafira stared in disbelief at her saviour, the one who perform the dark energy slash, Atma. Who’s appearance has suddenly changed, again. But this time, looking rather ominous.

Gone are his red and blue colours, replace by ominous dark purple. Even his crystal glows an ominous purple. On his dark purple belt, a card occupies one of the slots. To top it all off, an ominous purple aura is surrounding Atma. As he wields two, never before seen, dark purple glowing blade on his wrists. Which seems to be shaped like a jet wings.

And Atma’s expression?

Cold, calculated, harsh. His expression is almost unrecognizable. He looks like a different person.

Atma: Hah…hah…hah…

Despite his gaping wound, Atma keeps glaring at the monster, who flinch in response. Before responding,

Hammer Monster: Huh! Y-you think a costume change is going to defeat me, brat?! Rragh!

Once again, the monster lifted his hammer, ready for another swing.

But Atma was ready. As he aimed his one of blades at the monster,

JET RUHA SHOT

Before firing a dark purple energy shot at the monster. Hitting the monster in the face.

As the monster writhe in pain, Atma rush towards the monster, getting close to it. However, the monster has recovered, and in rage, swing at Atma at close range!

Zafira: Atma!

Atma’s response is to block the handle of the hammer with his jet blade before, with the boost from his internal thrusters,  delivers a,

JET RUHA PUNCH

To the Monster’s stomach, knocking the wind out of the monster.

Hammer Monster: Urk! Grr…

The Monster tries to swing again, which Atma block and counter with a,

JET RUHA PUNCH

Once again.

Zafira: (thoughts) …Huh. So he does know how to fight…

Groaning in immense pain and frustration, the monster tries swinging at Atma from the side. Which Atma evade by ducking before one of jet blades attach to his leg.

Before he then performs a sweeping motion at the monster’s legs. Tripping up the monster and causing it to drop it’s hammer on the ground.

JET RUHA SWEEP

Zafira observed the monster’s condition with deep interest. Particularly, at how the monster’s legs began to bleed. Bleeding red blood.

Zafira: (thoughts) So this freak can bleed…interesting…

The monster groans as it tries to get up.

JET RUHA STOMP

But Atma’s bladed foot on the monster’s back put a stop to that. Struggling in immense pain against Atma’s sharp foot, the monster tries to grab it’s hammer.

Blam! Blam! Blam!

Which Atma responds by shooting the hammer far away from the monster. With his leg pinning the monster, and the hammer far away, the monster is helpless.

Zafira: (thoughts) Hmm?

Just then, Zafira notices something else about Atma. Particularly, his healing wound.

Bit by bit, Atma’s flesh are growing back, closing his gaping wound. And Atma seem to be getting…less tired. He doesn’t seem to be worn out, despite using a lot of energy.

Zafira: (thoughts) …And I thought this day couldn’t get any weirder.

SP BAR FULL. ABILITY READY

Zafira: Eh?

Suddenly, Atma took out a card from his belt holster. A dark purple card, with black volt patterns all over. Glaring at the weakened monster, Atma inserts the card into a slot in his belt.

ABILITY: VOLT

Before a black volt aura surrounds Atma, and changes Atma attire. It’s still dark purple, but it now has the additions of black volt patterns, much to Zafira’s astonishment.

Zafira: (thoughts) …Huh.

Then, his leg jet blade detaches from his leg, before combining with his other jet blade. Forming a new weapon, a single sword shaped like a jet

Holding his jet sword in both of his hands, Atma plunge his sword into the monster’s back, delivering a big surge of voltage energy towards the monster.

FINISHER: VOLT SURGE

To say the monster is in agony is an understatement. The monster screams in pain, but only for a while, as it quickly passed out. No longer able to move, react and fight. With a bruised, battered, and beaten body.

The monster is finally defeated. Thanks to Atma.

Just then, the monster suddenly reverts back to a human form. A human Zafira is familiar with. The gangster’s leader who bullied Atma earlier.

Zafira: (thoughts) Hmph. Knew it. Good riddance. Although being dead would be preferable…

Though faint, Zafira could see that the ex-monster is still breathing. Albeit barely.

MATERIALIZING…WAVE

Zafira: Hmm?

Suddenly, a card materialized in mid-air in front of Atma, before forming into a card.

WAVE WEAPON

Without any words, Atma grabs the card before placing it into his holster.

Zafira: (thoughts) Hmm? So he gains the ability of the freak he defeated?

FINISHER ACTIVE

Suddenly, Atma click a button on his belt. Before holding his sword high in the air. Despite the fact his foe has been defeated.

Zafira: (thoughts) What is he doing? He looks like he’s going to cut…oh. Oh. Oh.

Upon realization, for the first time since ever, Zafira smile. But not a kind smile. A sinister, sadistic, malicious smirk.

Zafira: (thoughts) Heh. You continue to exceed my expectations, Atma. And I use to think you were just a naïve, weak kid.

Dark electricity sparks gather in his blade as Atma prepares for a deadly slash, Ready to end his foes’ life, once and for all.

FINISHER: VOLT SLA-

Teenage Girl: That’s enough!

Suddenly, a teenage girl in a hijab interrupts Atma. A rather tall teenager, with a beautiful face, and an elegant yet stern voice. Her attire consists of a black uniform with violet highlights which resembles a military uniform, complete with a military cap.

And Zafira knew this teenager very well. Much to her displeasure.

Zafira: (thoughts) Violet?! What is she doing here?!

Violet: Your foe is already defeated, kid. You can stop now.

Zafira: Don’t stop, Atma! Finish off that freak!

Violet: Zafira!

Zafira: Screw off, Miss Violet! This isn’t your business!

Violet: I’m not letting your friend take a life, sister.

Zafira: You’re not my sister! Just because my father married your mother doesn’t mean we’re related! So, don’t step in where you don’t belon-

Violet: Kid! What’s wrong?!

Zafira’s rant is interrupted as she too starts to notice something odd about Atma. His aura and attire starts to flicker, as he clutches his head, seemingly in pain.

Zafira: Atma?!

Despite his apparent pain, he remains silent as he continues to clutch his head. Suddenly, his attire reverts back to his sky blue and red attire. Like the one back in the restaurant. The aura surrounding his body disappears, along with his jet sword. Even his crystal stop glowing and becomes a faded red and blue colour, as Atma’s eyes close shut, before his body fell. Heading to the ground.

Unbeknownst to anyone, a mysterious figure has been observing everything that has happened from on top of a building, hidden from sight. This mysterious girl wore an attire of red and yellow, while wearing a red mask with flame designs. To put in simple, her attire seems to be fire theme. In her hand, is a red and yellow sniper rifle. The mysterious girl smirks.

Mysterious Girl: Well, well, well, so this is where you ended up, V1T-100. And your RUHA Magic is still working. Finally, things are getting interesting again.

The sniper rifle in her hand dissipated before the girl took out a phone. She aims at a spot before pressing an app. Causing the phone to fire a beam of light at that spot, which materializes a portal.

Mysterious girl: I can’t wait…it’s gonna be so much fun~

The girl giggle maliciously as she walks into the portal. Before the portal disappears, leaving no trace of anyone or anything there on the roof.

Hakimblue99 Productions presents:

LIMIT BREAK: Tales of Atma the Hybrid Hero

Episode 1: Bizarre Meeting, Bizarre Day

• 5 months later...

Limit Break Episode 2

Know some more, Know some less

Author's Notes: You have no idea how many times I changed Episode 1. Hopefully, it will be the last time. Anyway, enjoy the long awaited episode 2. If you enjoy it, please fav and comment. Hakimblue99, signing out!

Atma just sat silently as his mother dries off his wet body with a towel. Emotionless. Without any reaction.

Mother: There you go, Atma. All clean and dry.

Atma didn’t react. He just put on his dull grey bodysuit, before placing a rectangular device on his waist. Once it was placed, the device forms a belt which grips around his waist tightly.

Mother: …Excuse me, Atma, but may I ask a question?

Atma:  Yes, assistant?

Atma responds in an emotionless, monotone voice.

Mother: Please, call me Mother.

Atma: As you wish.

Mother: I’ve heard you have this…what’s it called? Skill bar? What does it do?

Atma:  It enables the usage of my Ability Cards.

He showed several cards to the woman, each with varying patterns and colours.

Atma:  For me to use my ability cards, I need to fill up my skill bar.

Mother: …I see. So how do you fill the bar?

Atma: I fill the bar by landing successful attacks on my enemies. The skill bar charges faster if-ERROR!

Mother: So, you need to hurt other people…

Atma:  That is my purpose, mother. To be a weapon for-

ERROR

ERROR
ERROR

ERROR ERROR ERROR

Atma immediately woke up from that flashback. To see himself lying in a white bed with white sheets inside a white room.

Atma: Huh? Where the heck am I?...This place is kinda pretty…

Just then, Atma realizes something.

Atma: Wait…I don’t…it doesn’t hurt anymore!

Atma check his wound, to see that it’s no longer there. His skin is smooth and flawless. It’s as if he never been attacked by the monster.

Atma: Wait, where’s that jerk?! And everyone else? What happened?

Atma tries to remember what has happened,

Hammer Monster: You…you brats! I…I’ll kill you both! Rragh!

Atma watch in horror as the monster launches another shockwave, aiming at a terrified Zafira.

Atma: Ouw Ouw Ouw!

But that’s as far as he can recall, as he clutches his aching head.

Atma: Wait, Zafira! Oh, no! Is she okay?! I gotta find her!

Immediately, he leaped off the hospital bed and rushed towards the doors. When the doors automatically open and,

Crash!

Zafira: (thoughts)

All right. Calm down.

Take a deep breath.

And let’s analyse the facts.

A monster appears out of nowhere, and starts causing trouble.

The amnesiac kid I helped is a robot.

At least, that’s what it seems. But that raises several questions.

1.     How can a robot be hungry? I remember how loud his stomach sounded.

2.     How can a robot eat food? In such a…wild manner?

3.     How is a robot able to show such…expressive emotions?

Hmm…perhaps he’s not entirely a robot? Maybe he’s only partially a robot?

That’s completely absurd, is what I would say. But so are real life monsters.

Alright, assuming Atma is partially a robot…that still doesn’t explain how he can heal from his wounds. No robot or human can regenerate flesh.

…Well, humans technically can, but not at that rate. And humans definitely can’t organically regenerate fabric too.

And it still doesn’t explain the crystal in his chest. Or the crystal that suddenly appeared on my watch. Speaking of my watch…

As Zafira pulled back her bow, generating a new bolt arrow.

Bam.

When her crossbow suddenly reverts back into a watch. Much to her shock and confusion.

Zafira: Huh?!

Zafira press on her watch, trying to transform it into a crossbow. But her watch remains as a watch. It’s as if her watch’s transforming mechanism is broken.

Zafira: (thoughts) What happened back there? Why did it malfunction?

Just as Zafira is about to examine her watch…

Violet: Zafira?

Zafira: Kyaa!

Zafira comically jumped high in the air in surprise.

Violet: Oh, my goodness! Apologies, Zafira! I didn’t mean to surprise you. Are you alright, Zafira?

Zafira’s response, after regaining her composure, is to glare at Violet.

Just as Zafira is about to catch Atma, Violet beat her to the punch, and caught Atma in her hands.

To say Zafira is annoyed is an understatement.

Zafira: Tsk!

Violet: He has a pulse! Call the ambulance!

Zafira: Don’t tell me what to do!

Despite this, Zafira took out her phone and contacted the ambulance.

Violet: Hmm…he’s rather light…oh? His clothes…

To her surprise, it’s not just Atma’s wounds that are healing. Even his clothes are regenerating. A fact which Zafira noticed as well.

Zafira: (thoughts) What on earth…

Soon, several ambulances arrived. The paramedics worked hard to transport the injured people into the ambulance…including the former monster.

Zafira: Tch! (Thoughts) Should had left that freak for dead…

As Atma’s body is loaded into one of the ambulance, Zafira followed suite, entering the ambulance as well.

Zafira: I want to accompany him.

Violet: Me too.

Zafira: Tch!

Reluctantly, Zafira didn’t stop Violet. As the two girls entered the ambulance with Atma’s unconscious body, the ambulance’s door close and set off to the hospital.

Zafira sat back in her seat, trying to act normal to save face. Much to her annoyance, Violet decided to sit next to her.

Violet: I’m just worried about you. You sure you’re doing alright?

Zafira: Worried for me, or worried my father might blame you for this mess?

Violet: That’s not-

Zafira: Don’t bother. I’ll take responsibility. It’s none of your business. Don’t be such a busybody…

Zafira: (thoughts) It’s not like father would care about me…

Violet: Of course, he would care about you, Zafira.

Zafira: Yeah right. He cared so much he ditched me for a honeymo…wait, how did you hear my thou-

Just then, a Male Doctor walked up towards Violet.

Male Doctor: Sorry to interrupt Miss Violet Spark.

Violet: Violet shall suffice, Doctor.

Male Doctor: I like to inform you that we have finished check up on the patient.

Zafira: How is he?

Male Doctor: His condition is currently stable. Unfortunately, there’s not much information we could get about his body.

Violet: What do you mean, Doctor?

Male Doctor: We attempted to extract samples from his body, but none of our needles could penetrate his skin. And for some reason, when we try to perform x-ray scans on the patient, our x-ray machine doesn’t work.

Zafira: (thoughts) Hmm? That’s interesting.

Male Doctor: Interestingly, we found no scars or wounds on his body. Despite the…fight he just gone through. It’s as if he’s never even wounded.

Violet: Is that so? So, is he doing alright?

Male Doctor: Externally, at least.

Zafira: I want to see him. With my own eyes. (thoughts) I have to make sure he’s actually alright.

Violet: I share her sentiments too, Doctor.

Male Doctor: Very well, then. Follow me.

The elevator was silent as the three of them waited for the elevator to reach its destination. Until the Doctor decided to spoke,

Male Doctor: Pardon me, Miss Zafira Spa-

Zafira: Zafira. Zafira binti Fikri.

Male Doctor: Eeek! Do-don’t hurt me!

Zafira: …

Zafira just glared at the doctor who comically squeal in fear and hid behind Violet, while Violet comically sweats.

Zafira: (thoughts) Pathetic.

Male Doctor: Oh, err, I-I mean…ehem, I was just wondering, if there’s anything else about the patient you could tell us-

Zafira: Go ask Violet. I told her everything I knew.

Inside the ambulance, on the way to the hospital.

Zafira stared at the unconscious body of Atma, in the middle of the ambulance with worry and despair.

Zafira: (thoughts) Can’t this ambulance go any faster?

Violet: Zafira.

Zafira is broken from her trance, and glares at Violet, which didn’t faze Violet.

Violet: I know we have some disagreements between us,

Zafira: (thoughts) No kidding.

Violet: But right now, I need you to tell me everything you know about him. The doctor needs to know everything about him in order to help him. Please, Zafira?

Zafira: Tch! Fine. Don’t expect much though.

Zafira: (thoughts) Not everything, of course. She doesn’t need to know that I beat up some gangsters.

Male Doctor: She did, but I like to get your perspec-

Zafira: Don’t make me repeat myself.

Doctor: Eeek!

Violet: Zafira, don’t be ru-

Ding!

As soon as the elevator door opened, Zafira walked out, followed by Violet with the doctor cowering behind her.

Zafira: Room number?

Doctor: Eek! I-t-it’s room number B3-10.

Immediately, Zafira head towards that room.

Violet: Zafira, wait!

Soon, the 11-year-old girl arrived in front of the room, followed by Violet and a panting doctor. The doors automatically open as Zafira was about to enter, when,

Crash!

Atma and Zafira crashed into each other, sending them sprawled on the floor.

Ouw!

Zafira: Ouw! Watch where you going!

Atma: Ouw…Sorry. Eh, Zafira?!

Zafira: Atma?

Zafira: Atma?!

Atma: Zafira!!

Zafira: Atma?!?!

Male Doctor: Dr. Frank!

Zafira stares incredulously at the Doctor, who responded with a sheepish grin.

Dr. Frank: Apologies. I just wanted to feel included.

Atma: Zafira, are you okay? That jerk didn’t hurt you, right?!

Zafira: E-excuse me?

Atma: I said, are you okay Zafira? That jerk was about to hurt you and…and…and…argh! I don’t remember!

Zafira: H-hold on. You…don’t remember?

Atma: No. Ergh, where’s that jerk?! I have to stop him-

Violet: He’s already defeated, Atma.

Atma: Wha?

Violet: He’s defeated, Atma. You don’t worry about him, it’s all over.

Atma: Wait, really? What about the others? Are they okay?!

Violet: They are all safe. They are currently being treated here. All thanks to you.

Atma: Thanks to me? For what?

Zafira: For defeating that freak. Giving what it deserves. But it appears your memory problems are much worser than it seems.

Atma: Wait, I defeated that jerk? Really?

Violet: Perhaps this will jog your memory, Atma?

Violet took out her phone before searching for a video and showing it towards Atma. The video in particular is a recording of the fight between Atma and the Hammer Monster.

Atma: Hey, that’s me! And Zafira. And that jerk…

Zafira: (thoughts) I’m recorded?! Scrap! Now I had just exposed myself on the damn Internet. Fantastic…

Violet: So, this is the last thing you remember, Atma?

Atma: Yeah! What happen next? Zafira’s going to be okay, right?

Violet: …How about you see it for yourself? Tell me if it’s too much for you, okay?

Atma: Hmm? Okay.

As Violet resumes the video. Atma’s eye widened in surprise as he saw himself changing colours. From sky blue and red to glowing ominous dark purple. Two jet blades materialize on his wrists, before he performs a slashing motion to unleash a dark energy slash. Disrupting the monster’s shockwave attack, protecting Zafira. All Atma could say to this is,

Atma: COOL!!!

If human eyes could shine, Atma’s eyes would be shining bright like a star. His eyes gleam with delight, wonder, and excitement as he watches himself beating the tar out of the monster, while his wounds regenerate.

Atma: Woah…I can do that? Is that why I don’t feel hurt anymore? Awesome…

Then, he saw himself taking out a card before changing forms. Which made Atma even more ecstatic.

Atma: Woah! I look even more cooler!

Zafira: (thoughts) So he really doesn’t remember, huh…So his purple form change is a fluke? And his behaviour…he’s no longer being cold and serious…

Atma reach into his holster, and to his excitement found 2 cards.

Atma: Yes!

Each card has different images. One has the yellow volt patterns. The other has the image of a shockwave. Yet both cards have blue backgrounds.

Excitedly, Atma attempts to insert one of the cards into his belt.

…But nothing happens.

Zafira: Huh?

Atma tried again. And again. And again. But to no avail.

Zafira: (thoughts) He couldn’t use those things now? But why?

Atma: Auw…these things don’t work!

Violet: Pardon me, Atma.

Atma: Yes, pretty girl?

Violet: Ufufu, pretty girl? As much as I like that name, I prefer if you call me Violet.

Atma: Oh. Alright Violet.

Violet: Anyway,  Zafira told me that you lost your memories, that you can’t remember your past? Is this true?

Atma: Yup. I don’t remember a thing at all.

Violet: So, it’s true? You don’t remember your mother?

Atma: I don’t even know what that is. All I remember is a woman calling me “son”-

Mother: Please, call me Mother.

Atma: As you wish.

Atma: …Wait. Wait, wait, wait! I remember! I know what a mother is! I know who my mother is!

Zafira: You do?!

Violet: You do?

Atma: Yeah! She was…I was…there was…

….err…shoot, how do I say this?

Violet: Take it easy, Atma. Don’t force yourself.

Atma: But I remember something! It’s…I…err…umm…

Zafira: …You don’t know how to explain it?

Atma: Yeah, that!

Zafira: (thoughts) Wonderful.

Violet: It’s okay, Atma. Just take it easy. We’ll figure this out together.

Violet: Of course! But right now, we must prioritize something else. Like finding a place for you to stay once you get out of here.

Atma: Stay?

Violet: Of course! You didn’t expect to spend the night at the place you first woke up, right?

Atma: …Well, I’m fine with tha-

Violet: No.

Violet spoke sternly.

Violet: You’re not sleeping outside, Atma. Not when you could live with me and Zafira.

Zafira: What?!

Atma: Live with Zafira? And you?

Zafira: Are you serious?!

Violet: Oh? Do you have any objections with my decision, Zafira?

Atma: You don’t want me to live with you, Zafira?

Zafira: N-no! Of course, not.

Violet: Good. Glad we agree on something.

Atma: Yes! I get to live with Zafira-

Violet: Oh, but before that Atma, I need you to promise me something. You know what a promise is, right?

Atma: Yup…maybe. What do you want me to promise, Violet?

Violet: Promise me Atma, that you would not get into any more fights.

Atma: Wait, what? You mean I can’t beat up anymore jerks?

Violet: Exactly. I appreciate what you have done to save everyone today. You saved a lot of lives, Atma. But fighting criminals isn’t your job, Atma. It’s the police.

Atma: Err…what? Police?

Violet: Yes, the police. Police are the ones who should be fighting. Not you. You’re just a kid. You shouldn’t get yourself hurt fighting dangerous people.

Atma: …Alright. If you say so.

Violet: Good. That’s a promise then.

Zafira: (thoughts) Oh wow, trusting the cops. Surely this will not backfire.

Violet: That applies to you too, Zafira.

Violet: I’ll let it slide this time. But if you sneak out of the house, and get involve with criminals again, you can say goodbye to your gadget.

Instinctively, Zafira clutches her watch tightly, worrying that Violet might grab her watch right this instant.

Violet: Am I clear, Zafira?

Zafira: …Crystal.

Atma: …Is everything okay with you two?

Zafira: It’s none of your business.

Atma: Alright.

Violet: Now, I believe you are supposed to check up on Atma, Doctor?

Doctor: Oh, err, right!

Atma: Check up?

Violet: Don’t worry. It will only take a while. Do as the doctor say, and I’ll take you out to a restaurant. Where you can eat anything, you want.

Atma: Really?!

To say Atma’s mouth is watering is an understatement.

Violet: Anything for you, Atma.

Zafira: …I’m going to the toilet.

Without waiting for a response, Zafira searches for a toilet while the Doctor starts his check up on Atma.

It didn’t take long for her to find a toilet. Once inside, she didn’t any enter any of the cubicles. Instead, she inspects her watch. And discovers the problem.

Zafira: (thoughts) Great. Just great. The mechanism is busted. Damaged. Broken. Urgh…this is what I get for meddling into others business…

…But even if this gadget still works, I’m still just an ordinary girl. All I have is this gadget and my average fighting skills. That freak…Who’s to say they wouldn’t be more? Who’s to say that…that traitor, who’s to say she don’t have any freaks up her sleeves?  If I can’t beat up even a single freak, how am I supposed to get my revenge?

…Well, Atma did defeat a freak. If I could manipulate him into fighting my battles…

Zafira smirk sinisterly…before she gasps in horror, as she realizes something.

Zafira: (thoughts) What am I thinking?! He saved my life, yet I’m trying to risk his? Trying to use him for my own means?!

Zafira shuddered in horror, as she realizes how evil her thoughts are.

Zafira: (thoughts) If I do that, I’m no different from that traitor! No, I need an alternate plan for my revenge…If there really is one…

Suddenly, one of the cubicles doors open.

And out came a man.

Man: …

Man: …

It was then, that Zafira came to a realization.

Male Doctor: Congratulations, Atma. You are good to go.

Atma: Thanks Doctor.

Violet: We really appreciate what you have done.

Male Doctor: Just doing my job, Miss Spark.

Violet: You wait outside, Atma. I have some other things to talk with Doctor.

Atma: Alright.

Violet: Don’t forget to close the door, Atma.

Atma: No prob.

Soon, a cheerful Atma exited the room, when he notices Zaira just outside it, panting heavily.

Atma: Oh! Hi, Zafira.

Zafira didn’t respond. She just pulls her hoodie over, obscuring her blushing bright pink face.

Zafira: (thoughts) SCRAPSCRAPSCRAPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!  I entered the males bathroom! ARGH! ARGH! ARGH! GROSS, DISGUSTING, REVOLTING! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

Atma: …You okay, Zafira?

Zafira: Y-yes! I’m…I’m okay. (thoughts) NO I’M NOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT-

Atma: Oh, okay. If you say so.

Violet: Is everything alright here?

Violet spoke as she exits the room while carrying some documents in her other hand.

Atma: Everything’s fine, Violet. You’re done?

Violet: Yes, I am Atma. Now let’s get going. A brand new world is out there for you to see.

Atma: New world?

Violet: Like I said, just wait and see. I guarantee you’ll like what you see.

Violet’s words ring true, because as soon as Atma step foot out of the hospital, he is greeted with an amazing sight.

Of tall buildings. Of modern vehicles. Of amazing technology. Of people, walking around in fabulous clothes and the latest gadgets.

Of a large, bustling, technologically advanced city.

Atma: Whoa…

Violet: Welcome Atma, to Grand Perdana City. More specifically, the Great District

Atma’s eyes gleam with wonder, excitement, and delight.

Zafira doesn’t share his sentiments though.

Atma: This looks so cool!

Zafira: (thoughts) Yes. So cool that only the upper class can reap the benefits, while the lower class have to settle for the “Poor” District.

Little Girl: Look mama!

A little in girl in white attire points at Atma excitedly. Which her mother responds by hurriedly dragging her daughter away, with fear in her eyes. Which confuses her daughter.

Atma: So fast. I didn’t even get to say hello.

Just then, a loud vrooming noise rang in the air. Before a car screeched to a stop, right in front of them. The car in question is a big, expensive silver car with tinted glasses. A car familiar to Zafira, much to her chagrin.

Zafira: (thoughts) Oh, great. Violet’s family chauffeur.

Atma: Whoah…so cool!

Car: Ohoho, I see you are a passenger of culture!

Atma: Whoa, you can talk?! Even cooler!

Zafira: Of course not. There’s a person inside the car. (thoughts) Who happens to be a complete weirdo.

Car Driver: Y-y-yes! That’s definitely true. I am just the car driver, Rode, driving this amazing car. Hohohohoho!

Zafira: (thoughts) See what I mean?

Car Driver Rode: A-a-anyway, passenger Zafira. I see you finally seen the light, and decided to ride inside this car. Hohohohoho! I’ve been waiting for this moment for ages!

Violet just chuckles, while Zafira groans heavily.

Zafira: Urgh…(thoughts) Let’s just get this over with.

Reluctantly, Zafira entered the car, followed by an excited Atma, while Violet takes the front seat. In the driver’s seat, is what seems to be an adult male wearing a helmet, that fully covers his entire head. Making him look even more like a weirdo.

Atma: Whoah, what’s that on your head?

Atma is about to touch the driver’s helmet, when Violet stops him.

Violet: Sorry Atma, but please don’t touch him. Rode doesn’t like to be touched.

Rode: Y-yeah, kid. Just stay in your seat.

Atma: Whoops. Sorry.

Rode: Alright everyone, buckle your seatbelts, everyone and prepare for the best ride of your lives!

As the car cruised through the city, heading to its destination, Atma observe in wonder as the sights of the city pass by.

Atma: Whoah…Look Zafira, there’s so many cool things! Zafira?

Zafira: What?

Unlike Atma, Zafira just sits in her seat with boredom.

Atma: You oka-

GRUUU

Atma: Urgh! Ouw.

Zafira bored expression is immediately replaced with concern.

Zafira: (thoughts) His hunger returned?

Zafira: Take it easy, Atma. We’re almost the-

Rode: And here’s our destination!

The trio step out of the car as the car right in front of a large, fancy restaurant. A fragrant smell waft through the air.

Atma: Wow, this place smells nice.

Violet: Glad you like it, Atma. Come on.

Rode: And I’ll be waiting here. Hohoho!

Zafira: Urgh…

A waiter at the entrance greets Violet.

Waiter: Greetings Miss Spark. May I take your-eek!

Suddenly, the waiter squealed in fright, like a little girl, much to Violet and Atma’s confusion.

Atma: What’s wrong?

The waiter shakingly points at Atma. Atma responds by looking behind himself.

Atma: …what are you looking at?

Not just the waiter, several other workers and customers shudder in fear upon noticing Atma. Some already comically fainting. And some, looking with disgust. Zafira scowls immensely, knowing what is going on.

Atma: Is everyone alright? What’s wrong?

Waiter: D-d-don’t come near me! Y-y-you mon-

Violet: I suggest you watch what you say, sir.

Violet voice grew stern as she glares at the waiter, causing the waiter to shudder in fear pathetically.

Waiter: Y-y-yes, Miss Spark!

Violet: Go reserve a table for 3.

Waiter: R-right away, Miss Spark.

Zafira: I’m not hungry.

Atma: But I am! I wonder how tasty the food is.

Turns out, not at all.

Atma tries to savour the western food (with Violet literally spoon-feeding him) but some reason it doesn’t feel as tasty like the food he tried at Pak Majid’s restaurant.

Violet: Do you not like the food, Atma?

Atma: Ergh…No. It feels…. different.

Zafira: (thoughts) Gee, I wonder why.

Atma: Also, what are these guys looking at?

He refers to the most of the restaurant occupants’ behaviour. Who keeps staring at him in fear and disgust.

Violet: Don’t mind them-

Zafira: At you.

Atma: Me? Why? Is there something on me?

Violet: It’s nothing, Atma. They just-

Suddenly, Violet’s handphone ring. Violet takes out her phone, and gasps in shock upon seeing who is calling her.

Atma: Hmm?

Click

Violet: Lanzhu?

A whooshing breath sounds over the phone. Before a girl’s voice speaks,

Lanzhu: *cough* Hello, old friend. What a coincidence seeing you here in this restaurant.

Violet: Lanzhu?!

Lanzhu: Come met me at the back. I would have gone in, but *cough* I doubt the owner would let me in.

Violet: Wait there, Lanzhu!

She turns towards Atma and Zafira as she informs them,

Violet: Wait here, you two. I have a business to attend to.

Atma: Do you need help?

Violet: Thanks, but no thanks Atma. I can handle it-oof! Sorry!

In her haste, Violet accidently bumps into an adult woman with dark skin wearing an earpiece. She gives a quick apology and then run out of the restaurant. The dark woman decides to shrug it off and went to her table.

Violet immediately rushed out of the restaurant, and head to the back alley. Where she saw a Chinese girl around her age. Wearing such a…striking outfit. An outfit that looks like a rainbow vomit on her. A mismatch of colours. An asymmetrical pattern. One of her sleeves is rolled up, the other not. But what’s most striking is the cylindrical object sticking out of her mouth…

Violet: Lanzhu!

Immediately, she slaps away the cylindrical object, snapping it in half.

Violet: You told me you quit!

Lanzhu: Ergh, way to ruin my fun, Vi.

Violet: Fun? FUN?! Smoking is not fun-wait.

It was then that Violet notice something odd. Mainly that the object she slaps away isn’t emitting smoke. Rather, the object looks like…a pocky stick.

Violet: You…aren’t smoking?

Lanzhu’s response is to laugh long and loud in Violet’s face.

Lanzhu: HAHAHAH! I can’t believe you fell for that! Still falling for my tricks, huh?

Violet scowl at Lanzhu’s prank…before smiling warmly at Lanzhu.

Violet: It’s good to see you, Lanzhu. It’s been so long…(thoughts) Ever since that incident…

Lanzhu: I could say the same to you, Vi. Finally got yourself a boyfriend, huh?

Violet: Pardon?

Lanzhu: You know? That guy you were literally spoon-feeding. The one who’s been on the news lately? Gotta say, I didn’t expect you to date a superhero-

Violet: What?! No! He’s a kid! Why would I date him? And I’m pretty sure he has feelings for Zafira.

Lanzhu: Really? Then, he clearly needs better taste.

Violet: Don’t be rude to my sister, Lanzhu.

Lanzhu: The “sister” who treats you like ****?

Violet: She just lost her mother, Lanzhu.

Lanzhu: And you were fatherless since birth, yet I don’t see you acting like a *****. In fact, you’re the most goody-goody two shoes I’ve ever meet.

Violet attempts to argue further, but decided against it. And tries to change the topic.

Violet: So…what are you doing here, Lanzhu? Why did you call me here? You didn’t call me just to prank me, right?

Lanzhu: Nah, I called you for a prank.

Violet: …Pardon?

Lanzhu: You see, I was feeling so booored, so I decided to get up to my old tricks-

Violet: No.

Lanzhu: Hey, you didn’t let my finish!

Violet: I’m not letting you stink bomb a restaurant, Lanzhu. Again.

Lanzhu: Oh, come on! It will be fun!

Violet: I’m not letting you ruin another business, Lanzhu.

Lanzhu: Even when they’re asking for it?

Violet: Yes.

Lanzhu: Urgh. Still the same goody-goody two shoes-

Restaurants occupants: KYAA!

A scream from inside the restaurant interrupts them.

Violet: Hmm? What’s going on?

Lanzhu: Eh, those morons are probably freaking out over nothing-

Suddenly, Violet’s phone rings. She answered the phone to see it came from her chauffeur.

Violet: Rode?

Lanzhu: Yo, Rhodey! How’s it going, bro?!

Rode: Get out of there, Master Violet! Right now!

Violet: Rode? What’s wrong? Is everything alright?

Rode: I just saw some monsters walking into the restaurant!

Violet: What?!

Several minutes ago…

Atma watch in curiosity as Violet left them.

Atma: I wonder what’s that about.

Zafira: It’s none of your business, Atma.

Atma: Fine…so...why are these guys looking at me?

Zafira: Because they fear you. Because they hate you. Because they think you’re a monster.

Atma: A monster?

Zafira: …They think you’re no different from that jerk that beat you up.

Atma: …what?

Atma scowl into extreme confusion, trying to comprehend what the heck Zafira is talking about.

Atma: Are you serious? Do these guys really think that? I look way different than that jerk. For one, I look way cooler.

Zafira: These morons don’t think so. They think you’re just as bad as that freak.

Atma: WHAT?!

Atma’s abruptly stand up from his chair as he exclaims in anger. His loud outburst shocks the restaurant, causing some of the occupants to cower and hide in fear. The dark skin woman being the exception, as she observes Atma.

Dark skinned woman: …

Atma: I’m just as bad?! How?! That jerk is the one hurting other people, not me!...Right? I didn’t hurt anyone, right?

Zafira: You didn’t. But those morons think you will. Because of your powers.

Atma: Hah? What’s wrong with my powers? They’re cool!

Zafira: These morons think otherwise. They think you’re gonna hurt them with your powers.

Atma: They think I’m gonna…hurt them?

Atma’s eyes start to water as his voice tremble, much to Zafira’s concern.

Zafira: Just ignore them, Atma! These morons only think about themselves. They don’t care about you, and never will.

Atma: R-really? I just…ignore them?

Zafira: Yes! Just ignore them. (thoughts) Just like how I ignore others. To avoid another betrayal…

Atma: Is that so…You know what?

Suddenly, Atma sad expression completely disappears. Replaced by a triumphant and proud expression, to Zafira’s surprise.

Atma:  You’re right! Screw these losers! I’ll just ignore these morons. Heh!

Zafira: (thoughts)…Huh. That’s an abrupt mood change. Not that I’m complaining.

Atma: These jerks couldn’t even make tasty food.

Zafira: (thoughts) Truer words have never been spoken.

Atma: Besides, who needs them when I have you?

Zafira: …what?

Atma: You saved me. You gave me food. You care for me. I don’t have to care about these losers when I have you, super cool Zafira! Seriously, thank you!

Zafira is stunned. Not expecting those words coming from his mouth.

Atma: Thanks, Zafira. You’re super cool! Love ya!

Zafira: (thoughts) Wait…he said something like this before. Saying it with no shame…how earnest…but…

Zafira: I…hate to say this, Atma, especially after you saved me.

Atma: Huh?

Zafira: …But I’m merely repaying you for saving me. That’s…all there is to it.

Atma: Hah? Didn’t you save me first? If anything, I should be repaying you.

Zafira: Saved you? All I did is beat up a bunch of gangsters. You on the other hand, defeated a superpowered freak.

Atma: So? You still saved me, when nobody else will. When I needed help, you helped me. While looking super cool.

Zafira: I only saved you because…because…because…(thoughts)…wait, why did I help him in the first place…?

Atma: Because of what, Zafira?

Restaurants occupants: KYAA!

Zafira: (thoughts) For the love of-what’s their problem now?!

Atma: Oi, shut it! I’m trying to talk to-eh?

Zafira & Atma nearly fell out of their seats in shock. As three menacing looking monsters walk in to the restaurant. Unlike the Hammer Monster however, these three monsters didn’t wield a hammer. Rather, one of their hands is a claw, like that of a crane’s claw.

Claw Monster 1: (Mocking) Oi, waiter. Where’s my reservation?

Waiter: Ee…eek…

Claw Monster 3: Err…do we really need to do this?

Claw Monster 2: And miss out on even more money? Be real.

Claw Monster 1: Yeah! And all we had to do…

Slash!

ARGH!
KYAA!!!

Claw Monster 1: Is stir up some trouble!

People scream in horror as the waiter crumple to the floor, red staining his clothes. Atma and Zafira look on in shock and fear.

In an instant, the restaurant erupted into chaos. Waiters and customers run around, trying to escape the dreadful monsters. Some were not so lucky.

Claw Monster 2: Come here!

Suddenly, the claw monster extends his claw hand, like a crane before grabbing one of the fleeing customers. The customer yell in pain as the claw dug into her skin. But the monster didn’t care. He just swings his claw hand, sending the customer flying into another fleeing customer, causing them both to crash into a glass wall.

Claw Monster 2: Boom! Two-in-One! Haha!

The Monster cackled in glee as they continue on tearing up the restaurant, and anyone unfortunate enough to cross their way.

Blam! Blam! Blam!

Several gunshots interrupted the monsters. The monsters are barely affected by the shots, which came from a gun.

Fired by the dark skin woman, as she talks into her earpiece.

Dark skinned woman: Monster Attack at Vivas Le Restaurant! I repeat, Monster Attack at Vivas le Restaurant! Requesting backup and armour! No, I’m not joking! This is serious, damn it! Transmitting life feed, now!

Then, she glances at Atma and Violet.

Dark skinned woman: Kids, get away from here.

Almost immediately, several beams of digital energy, seemingly fired from out of nowhere materialize in the restaurant. One even hitting the dark skin woman. Before, from those beams, several more police officers materialized. Complete in body armour. Even the dark skin woman is wearing a body armour right now.

Backup Police: Freeze! This is the police!

Claw Monster 1: Yo! The city cops have come to play!

Claw Monster 2: Heheheh! Now this is getting more interesting!

Atma: Oh! So, this are the po-

Zafira: Follow me! Now!

Atma: Oh! Okay!

As gunshots fire in the air, Zafira drags Atma as she searches for a back exit.

Zafira: (thoughts) Where is it? Where is it? Where is-

Lanzhu: Yo, there they are!

Violet: Zafira! Atma!

Atma: Violet!

A tearful Violet run up towards the them, along with Lanzhu. Which grab Zafira’s and Atma’s attention.

Atma: ...whoa.

Zafira: (thoughts) ...That’s some fashion style.

Violet: Are you two alright?

Atma: We’re fine! What about you. And that other guy?

Lanzhu: Yo! The name’s Lanzhu-

Argh!

Crack!

Smash!

Despite the superior numbers, none of the police members could even scratch the monsters. The monsters on the other hand, are maniacally beating up any police members they can get their hands on. And with their extendable range, that isn’t so hard to do.

Lanzhu: Sheesh, this is wilder than any party I’ve ever gone through.

Violet: Lanzhu, be serious! We have to find another way out. There are too many people using the back exit right now.

Argh!

Kyaa!

Atma watch in horror and sorrow, as one by one the police officers are slashed, grabbed, and brutally taken out by the monsters. People panicking and wailing in despair and fear. Crying for help.

He can’t stand by any longer.

Lanzhu: Easy! We just go out by the windo-

Atma: You guys go ahead. I’m gonna help the cops beat those jerks!

Zafira/Violet: What?!

Zafira: Why?!

Atma: Because they need my help!

Violet: Atma, I told you to let the police handle this.

Argh!

Another policemen screamed in pain as he is brutally tossed through a glass wall. Much to everyone’s shock and horror.

Atma: …I don’t think they can handle those jerks alone. Besides, if I don’t help them, more people will get hurt.

Zafira: You mean the people who think you’re a monster? That’s who you want to help?

Atma: …Yes. I know these guys are morons. But-

Zafira: But don’t bother. It’s none of your-

Atma: If I don’t bother, then who else is?! Who else is gonna help these guys?

Zafira: What does it matter? Just ignore them.

Atma: What?! No! Why would I do that?!

Zafira: Because they have nothing to do with you. You don’t know them; they don’t know you.

Atma: Why does that matter? They’re still gonna get hurt if nobody helps them. Just like I would have gotten hurt if you didn’t help me.

Zafira: That’s…that’s completely different!

Atma: How?! You help me when nobody else will. You saved me. And now these guys need someone to help them. To save them. Because nobody else could. Unless you know someone else who could help?!

Violet: Atma, you promised. You promised me you won’t fight anymore. Remember, Atma?

Atma: …then I’m guess I’m not staying with you guys.

With that, Atma immediately rush to confront the monsters. Leaving Zafira and Violet, much to their horror, fear and frustration.

Zafira & Violet: Atma!

Zafira: Get back here, damn it!

But it was too late.

Violet: Atma…

Lanzhu: Damn…that’s some shonen protag speech there.

Zafira: Shut up! Argh! Seriously, Atma? You’re risking your life for these people?!

Lanzhu: What’s the big deal? He beat one before. Surely, he can beat-

Zafira: That’s a fluke! He doesn’t even remember that fight! And now he’s gonna get himself killed!

Smash!

Another police officer is thrown through a table, falling unconscious.

Claw Monster 2: 8-7 baby! Haha!

Claw Monster 1: It’s a tie, you moron.

Claw Monster 2: So, a tiebreaker huh? Heheh.

Claw Monster 1: Yeah. That’s the only one left, after all.

The two monsters glare sinisterly at the sole remaining police officer, the dark skin woman taking cover behind a table.

Policewoman: Damn it! We’ve been firing at these things non-stop, yet not even a scratch?

Suddenly, her cover was pulled away by both monsters. Before they both smashed the table into smithereens.

The Policewoman is now defenceless.

Claw Monster 1: On 3.

Claw Monster 2: 1…

Claw Monster 1: 2…

Atma: Don’t hurt her!

With his jet boost, Atma immediately appears in front of both monsters. Before delivering a punch to both of them. Taking them by surprise.

Then, Atma focus on one monster as he continues his punching barrage.

Atma: Take this! And this! And-ow!

Unfortunately, the monster caught Atma’s hand with claw hand, hurting Atma.

Claw Monster 1: Ho…so this is the freak that defeated that Hammer loser. Heh! I expected more to be honest.

Atma: Let, ow, me go!

Claw Monster 1: Make me!

Suddenly, the monster lift Atma high in the air, before smashing him on the floor.

Atma: Argh!

The monster lift Atma again, before smashing him. Again.

And again.

And again.

Dealing immense pain towards Atma.

Atma: Urgh!

Before the monster swing Atma in the air, and then throwing Atma far away, sending him crashing into a wall.

Zafira/Violet: Atma!

Zafira & Violet gasp in horror as they watch the horrifying scene.

Atma: Urgh…Zafira? Violet?

Claw Monster 1: Hah! This brat is so light! It’s like lifting paper!

Claw Monster 2: Wait, seriously? Hah! I wanna have a go!

The second monster fires his claw hand at Atma, trying to grab him.

Atma: Urgh…

Zafira: Dodge, Atma!

Barely, just barely, Atma evade the claw hand, which lodge itself into the wall behind Atma.

Atma: Hah…hah…

Zafira: (thoughts) Close!

Claw Monster 2: Oi, don’t interfere brat!

The monster tries to pull his arm back, but couldn’t. A realization dawn upon him. His hand is stuck in the wall.

Claw Monster 1: Hah! You actually got stuck! Let a pro handle this!

He grabs an overturn chair before chucking it at Atma, who quickly dodges. But it’s only distraction for the monster to fire his claw at Atma, trying to grab him…

Zafira: Dodge, Atma!

Which Atma did. Barely. As the claw hand barely graze his face. Then, an idea came to Zafira.

Zafira: Grab the cable!

Atma: Got it!

Before the monster could retract his claw hand, Atma tightly grab of the hand cable. The monster tries to retract his claw hand,

Zafira: Atma, pull back!

Atma: Hiyah!

Which Atma responds by pulling in the opposite direction. Making it an intense tug of war. Each trying to fight for dominance.

Claw Monster 1: Oi! Let go brat!

Atma: Ergh, make me!

Zafira: Atma, pull harder!

Atma: Hiyargh!

With encouragement from Zafira, Atma pull on the claw hand with a strong jet boost.

Snapping the monster’s cable in half.

Claw Monster 1: Argh! That’s hurts, you brat!

Atma: Good! Because it’s only gonna hurt more for you! Hiyah!

With a jet boost, Atma charge towards the monster before punching him in the face.

Claw Monster 1: Ergh! You!

The monster countered by punching Atma with his only hand.

Atma: Argh! Grr!

So Atma punch back.

Which the Monster punch back.

Which Atma punch back.

And so on, and so forth. The two fighters trade blows with each other, determine to take out the other one. But because Atma has two hands, he is able to overwhelm the monster. Before,

Atma: DUAL JET PUNCH!

Atma sent the monster flying, crashing into a table.

Claw Monster 1: Urgh! You annoyi-erk!

Suddenly, the monster felt a sharp pain on his stomach. The monster clutches his stomach, only to find red liquid leaking from his stomach.

The same red liquid staining Atma’s jet blades on his wrist. Much to Atma’s joy.

Atma: Hah…hah…Nice-

Zafira: Behind you!

Claw Monster 2: Rragh!

The second monster slashed at Atma from behind.

Atma: Argh! Grr!

Atma retaliates with an elbow strike, which sent the monster several steps back, reeling in pain.

Claw Monster 2: You brat! Hiyargh!

Atma: You jerk! Hiyargh!

The two rushes at each other, swinging their weapons at each other. Claw vs Blade.

Clang! Clang! Clang!

Sparks flew into the air as their weapons clash with each other. Each trying to overpower the other. But the odds seem to be against Atma.

Claw Monster 2: Heh! Worn out already, brat?

Atma: Shut…up!

Atma tries to go for a punch when he suddenly feels his shoulder aching. Hard.

The injuries he has accumulated is taking a toll on his body. The monster took this chance to punch Atma with the claw hand, before grabbing Atma by the stomach,

Atma: Urk!

Lifting Atma into the air, before smashing him into the ground.

Blue liquid splutters from Atma’s mouth, as the monster keeps on lifting and smashing Atma into the ground. While Atma struggles to do anything.

Violet couldn’t bear to watch, while Zafira grunts in frustration.

Zafira: (thoughts) Damn it, damn it, damn it! Do something Atma! Go into that purple mode of yours!

Claw Monster 2: Hah! This is almost easy!

Lanzhu: Yeah! Boring! How about a little spice?

Claw Monster 2: Eh?

Violet: Lanzhu?

Suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, Lanzhu appears behind the monster.

Before shoving a stink bomb into the monster’s open mouth.

Claw Monster 2: Gak! Uwek! What is this?!

This distracts the monster, as he drops Atma on the ground, stopping his relentless assault on Atma.

Atma: Ouw! Ergh…

Zafira notices a chance.

Zafira: Atma, trip it up!

Atma: Huh? O-okay!

Before the monster could react, Atma sweep kick the monster at the leg. Tripping up the monster, and causing the monster to crash into a table.

Zafira: Eh? (thoughts) That feeling again…

Atma: SP Bar?

Mother: I’ve heard you have this…what’s it called? Skill bar? What does it do?

Atma:  It enables the usage of my Ability Cards.

Atma: Of course! I can’t believe I forgot that!

Immediately, Atma reach for his holster, before taking out a card,

Atma: VOLT!

Zafira: (thoughts) He’s using his card?

Claw Monster 2: Ergh…you!

Zafira: Faster, Atma!

The claw monster got up and tries to attack Atma. Before Atma quickly inserts his card.

And two blue and red magical glyphs appear. One on top and one below Atma.

To say Zafira & Violet are surprised is an understatement.

Zafira: (thoughts) That’s new…

Just as the monster is about to slash Atma, a yellow electricity aura shot out from both magical glyphs. Engulfing Atma, and shocking the monster.

BZZT

Claw Monster 2: ERK-!

While Atma doesn’t feel any pain. Instead, the electricity forms yellow voltage patterns around Atma. Before the glyphs dissipates, and left Atma, with a transformed attire.

His blue and red colours still remain, but now has the addition of yellow volt patterns.

This is,

Atma: VOLT MODE!

Zafira: Woah…

The monster groan in pain, as the electric aura left him with temporary paralysis.

A perfect chance for Atma to punch the monster.

Atma: VOLT PUNCH!

Claw Monster 2: Urk-!

Now it’s Atma’s turn to be relentless as he unleashes his barrage of punches. But not just mere punches. Every time Atma’s attacks made contact with the monster, it delivers a volt surge to the monster. Shocking the monster and paralyzing it. And this keeps on going no matter how many times Atma attacks.

Lanzhu: Woohoo! Go kid!

Atma: Take this! And this! And this!

Zafira: (thoughts) Hmm…so theoretically, Atma could stun-lock anyone he fights, as long as he keeps making contact. So, in close quarters combat, this form is practically unstoppable…

Suddenly, his body ache up, as he is still worn out from all the beating he took.

Atma: Ouw…hah…hah…

Which the other monster takes advantage. As he grabs a table with his remaining hand, before throwing it at Atma.

Claw Monster 1: Rragh!

Blam! Blam! Blam!

In just a few shots, the table is shredded to pieces by gunshots. Courtesy of Violet. Who uses a gun from one of the unconscious police officers.

Claw Monster 1: ARGH! Stop interfering, you pieces of-URK!

Atma shuts up the monster with a Volt Punch.

Then another.

And another.

And soon, the monster is in stun-locked state. Helpless against Atma’s relentless barrage.

Atma: Hah…hah...hah…

Lanzhu: Woohoo! Go kid! Finish that monster!

Claw Monster 1: You…ergh…what are…you…

Atma: …I don’t know.

Claw Monster 1: Huh?

Atma: I…hah…can’t remember anything. I…hah…don’t know who the heck am I. Hah…But what I do know…is that I can’t let you hurt anymore people!

Suddenly, by instinct, Atma click on his belt.

FINISHER ACTIVE!

Which causes Atma’s chest crystal starts to glow, attracting everyone’s attention. Especially Atma. Suddenly, at that moment, something surges through Atma’s mind. A feeling…like he has done this before. Like he knows what to do. Like he knows how to finish his foes, once and for all.

Fwoosh!

Atma’s leg thrusters activates before he delivers a,

Atma: VOLT UPPERCUT KICK

To the monster in the face, kicking the monster upward and sending the monster flying up into the ceiling.

Smash!

Claw Monster 1: Urgh…

Thanks to gravity, the monster didn’t stay there long as the monster fall down. But Atma is prepared for that, as he activates his thrusters and leap into the air. Right next to the falling monster.

Before with a boost, kick the monster again. Sending the monster flying into another monster.

Claw Monsters: Urgh!

His body is aching all over. Sweat pours out of his body. Blue liquid drips from his mouth. Yet Atma stills stand triumphantly…in mid-air. Hovering in mid-air. While his jet blades detach from his arm and attach to his leg. As Atma emits a yellow voltage aura.

Zafira: (thoughts) Atma…can fly?! Wait, what am I talking about? Why wouldn’t he? He has jet for weapons…

Things gets even more…magical as a magical glyph appears on top of the two monsters, taking everyone by surprise.

Zafira: (thoughts) That thing again…

Atma: Hiyah!

Activating the thrusters inside his body, Atma launches a,

Atma: FINISHER: VOLT AERIAL KICK!

In a flash, Atma’s flying kick made contact with the magical glyph. Before his finisher went straight through the monsters! Delivering a strong surge of voltage to the monsters,

Claw Monsters: ARGH!!!-

BOOM!

Before a dramatic explosion erupts, engulfing the monsters,

Zafira/Violet: Atma!

Once the dust and smoke dissipate, it reveals two unconscious males. Crumpled on the floor in an undignified position. No longer looking like monsters.

While Atma on the other hand, is standing tall and proud. It’s like the explosion didn’t affect him. Despite his attire returning back to red and blue, and his chest crystal stops glowing, Atma doesn’t feel any pain. In fact, he feels…rejuvenated. Even his mouth stop bleeding.

Atma: Whoah! I…I feel awesome!

MATERIALIZING…

GRAPPLE WEAPON

Just like before, a card materializes in mid-air. Much to Atma’s amazement.

Atma: Whoa...Cool! Zafira, look what I got-

Slash!

Sizzle…

Atma’s face remain emotionless as he melts the robot in front of him. Turning it into a pile of molten metal.

Mother: Atma, come here. I brought you some food.

Atma: I haven’t finished training, mother.

Mother: Is that so? It seems this rendang would become cold.

Atma: …If you say so, mother.

Atma: Eh? What the?

Violet: Are you alright, Atma?

Atma: I-

Zafira: Atma, there’s another one!

Zafira furiously points to the single remaining Claw Monster. Who squeaked in fear upon being pointed at.

Atma: You! Hiyargh!

With a thruster boost, Atma charged towards the monster. Ready for a jet punch-

Claw Monster 3: Wait, wait, wait, I surrender!

Screech!

Atma immediately stopped himself, just as his fist was about to touch the monster.

Atma: Wait, what?

Claw Monster 3: I s-said I surrender!

Atma: Surrender?

Zafira: That freak’s lying, Atma! Finish it, now!

Claw Monster: Wait, I’m not lying! Honest! I swear!

Zafira: Then why are you still in your monster form? Do you need a good punch just like your allies here?!

Atma: Oh, you’re right! Be a human back! Now!

Claw monster: Okay, okay, okay! I’ll do it! Just…promise you wouldn’t hit me?

Atma: No prob-

Zafira: Either you change back, or let Atma do it for you!

Claw Monster: Okay, okay, okay! I’ll change back!

The Claw Monster soon, reluctantly, morphed back into his human form.

Lanzhu: Sheesh! And I thought your monster form is hideous.

Ex-Monster:  Hey, I’m not that ugly-

Zafira: Oi! You’re one of the bastards who beat up Atma before!

Ex-Monster: Eek! I-I-I-

Atma: Hey, yeah! I remember you! You bastard!

Atma pulled his fist back, ready for a jet punch,

Ex-Monster: Wait, wait, wait! Please don’t hurt me!

Atma: You and those others jerks keep beating me up, even when I told you to stop. And you want me to do the same to you?! You haven’t even said sorry!

Ex-Monster: Wait, wait, wait! I-I’m sorry!

Zafira: What about these victims?! Sorry isn’t gonna cut it!

Ex-Monster: T-t-that’s not me! It’s the other two! I swear!

Zafira: Excuses!

Ex-Monster: I-I’ll do anything! I’ll make up for it. I swear! Just…just please don’t hurt me. I-I’ll turn myself to the police. I promise I wouldn’t commit any more crimes! I’ll be a good, law-abiding citizen! I swear!

Zafira: Yeah, right! Finish this freak off for good, Atma.

Atma: What? Why?

Zafira: Why what?

Atma: Why should I finish him off?

Zafira: …Are you serious?

Atma: Yeah?

Zafira: Because this freak hurt tried to hurt you, duh! What else could it be?

Atma: I know that. But he said he’s sorry.

Zafira: You forgive this freak?!

Atma: Why not?

Zafira: Are you serious?! This freak attacked you, even when you said stop. Why wouldn’t you return the favour?!

Atma: Because I’m not a jerk? I’m not gonna hurt people who said sorry.

Violet: And I’m proud of that, Atma.

Zafira glared at Violet, who approaches Atma with a warm smile.

Violet: You could have gone for revenge, Atma. But you choose to be the bigger person, Atma.

Zafira: Tch! (thoughts) Pretentious rich prat.

Atma: No, I’m not. This guy is much bigger than me.

Violet: Ufufu.

After chuckling to herself, Violet turn towards the ex-monster, who jumped in fright.

Ex-Monster: W-w-what do you want?

Violet: You said you want to make up for what you have done, right?

Ex-Monster: Y-yes, I do! I’ll do anything!

Violet: Then turn yourself to the police, share anything you know about these…”monster forms” to the police, and repent for your sins. You can do that, right?

Police Officer: Halt!

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a male police chief, with a very, very big moustache charges into the restaurant, before pointing at Atma.

Police Chief: You are under arrest!

Zafira: (thoughts) What.

Police Chief: Don’t move! Stay there, you…freak!

Dark-skinned Police Woman: Chief Sarj?

Chief Sarj: Ah, you! Arrest this thing, immediately!

Zafira: (thoughts) You piece of-He saved your officers lives, you pathetic cop!

Dark-skinned Police Woman: Alright, Chief. You!

The policewoman points at the ex-monster.

Ex-Monster: Y-y-yes?

Police Woman: You are under arrest!

Ex-Monster: Y-y-yes! I s-s-surrender.

The ex-monster complies as the policewoman slap on a magnetic cuff on him.

Atma: Oh, so that’s what arrest means!

Chief Sarj: What are you doing?!

Police Woman: Hmm? Oh, right!

She extends her hands towards Violet.

Police Woman: Would you mind returning it, Miss Violet?

Violet: No problem, Miss.

Complying, Violet hands over the police gun she is holding to the policewoman.

Chief Sarj: That’s not…I…your job is to arrest that th-!

?: What is the meaning of this?!

Lanzhu: (sarcastic)Oh, great.

Suddenly, a Chinese woman enters the restaurant, and walks up to Violet. This woman is wearing a silver, very fashionable, very expensive dress while walking in a haughty manner. Despite the blatant difference in attire, this woman’s face has a striking resemblance to Lanzhu.

Violet: Mrs. Wang! G-g-greetings!

Mrs. Wang: Greetings, Miss Violet. It’s been so long since I’ve met you. I see you still looking out for my daughter, Lanzhu. No words can express how grateful I am for your deed in saving in my daughter.

Lanzhu just roll her eyes.

Atma: Daughter?

Zafira: It means she’s that girl’s(Lanzhu) mother.

Violet: Oh, I didn’t do anything Mrs. Wang. The honours belong to Atma here.

Atma: Oh, hi Mrs. Wang.

Mrs. Wang: Atma, hmm? Such an outstanding young fellow…unlike these pathetic policemen!

Mrs. Wang’s voice bellowed across the restaurant, scaring the snooty police chief and causing him to shake in his boots.

Chief Sarj: Eek!

Mrs. Wang: I contributed 30% to this city’s growth, and all I got are useless policemen who couldn’t even protect one of my daughters!

Chief Sarj: No! Don’t take away our fundi-

Slap!

Atma winced as Mrs. Wang comical slap sent the policemen comically spinning in the air before landing disgracefully.

Chief Sarj: Urk…

Mrs. Wang: Do not interrupt me! Youth these days!

Atma: *Gulp* So scary…

Lanzhu: Eh, it’s nothing. I’ve seen much worse.

Atma: It can get worse?

Mrs. Wang: This man didn’t lay a hand on you, right Atma?

Atma: Oh! Er, I’m fine, Mrs. Wang.

Mrs. Wang: Good.

Then, the Chinese woman glares at the cowering police chief.

Mrs. Wang: Because if you or your men ever lay even a single finger on him, getting fired is the least of your worries.

Violet: And the Spark family will support Mrs. Wang in that endeavour.

Violet too, shoots a glare at the pathetic police chief, who’s spine might as well be jelly as this point.

Chief Sarj: Eek! Y-yes, miss!

Mrs. Wang: Now take away these filthy criminals, and get out of my sight!

Chief Sarj: Y-yes, Sir!

Cowering like mice, the police chief immediately left the restaurant, followed by the police woman escorting the ex-monster.

Mrs. Wang: Lanzhu! We must get going. We have no time to be dawdling around.

Lanzhu: Urgh…fine! Nagging hag…

Violet: Eh? You’re leaving so soon, Mrs. Wang?

Mrs. Wang: I apologize for cutting our conversation short, Miss Violet, but we have urgent family matters to attend to.

Lanzhu: See you tomorrow, Vi!

Before Violet could say anything else, Lanzhu and her mother left the restaurant. Leaving a disappointed Violet.

Atma: So…can anyone tell me what the heck just happened?

Violet took a deep breath, trying to calm herself, before answering Atma’s question.

Violet: What happened is that Mrs. Wang just helped you Atma. You don’t have to fear the police anymore.

Atma: Fear? Fear wha-wait, shoot! I forgot to thank Lanzhu.

Violet: Don’t worry, I’ll pass it on to her when I meet her again. Right now, there’s something more important you should focus on.

Zafira: Like how you defeat those freaks just now. How did you know how to do…that?

Atma: Oh, that? I…don’t know. It just…came over me. Like, I don’t really remember it, but I feel like I have done this before. And I just…followed that feeling.

Violet: Hmm…I supposed it’s some sort of muscle memory?

Atma: …wha?

Violet: It’s complicated, so I’ll explain later. Right now, I must ask, are you’re alright Atma? Do you feel tired? Does it still hurt anywhere, Atma?

Atma: Oh, no. I don’t. Actually, I feel awesome.

Zafira: (thoughts) Hmm…so him fainting, and behaving so cold and serious is a side-effect of his purple form? Conversely, in his purple form, he becomes more precise and calculated in his attacks. And he has a faster recovery rate as well…

Atma: I got this cool new card, and remember more of my mother! Somehow.

Violet: Wait, you do?

Zafira: You do?!

Atma: Yeah! And I think I know how to use my Ability cards now!

Violet: Ability cards?

Before Atma could elaborate, several paramedics storm into the restaurant as they attend to the injured victims.

Paramedic: Step aside please.

Atma: Eh? What are you guys doing?

Violet: They’re helping the injured people, Atma.

Atma: Oh, right! Them! I got to help them!

Paramedic: Don’t interfere, kid.

Atma: Eh? You don’t want me to help?

Paramedic: We got this under control. Just let us handle this.

Atma: Oh, alright. If you say so.

Paramedic: Thanks, kid.

Atma: Wha-

Before Atma could say anything else, the paramedic left, while carrying a patient with a stretcher.

Violet: Let’s give them some space, okay? We can talk more about what you just remembered on the way home.

Atma: Alright then.

Later, as the three of them is chauffeured towards Violet’s home, Atma recalls everything he remembers towards the two girls. The memories he recalled back at the hospital, the memories he just recently remembered, and what he remembers about his SP bar.

Atma: And…yeah. That’s it.

Violet: …

Zafira & Violet stares at Atma, trying to process all what Atma had just told them.

Atma: I can’t believe I didn’t know how to say it before. It’s so simple!

Violet: This…is a lot to take in. But the fact that you recall more of your mother is amazing. I do wonder…why did you suddenly remember that memory?

Atma: I wish I knew. I wanna remember more of my mother.

Zafira: Your finisher.

Atma: My finisher?

Zafira: It heal your wounds. Replenish your energy, causing you to no longer feel tired. It probably heals your memories as well. And maybe made you slightly smarter.

Atma: Wait really?

Violet: Oh my! You got a point, Zafira.

Atma: So, every time I use my finisher, I remember more of my mother? Awesome!

Immediately, Atma click on his belt. Trying to activate his finisher.

Atma: FINISHER ACTIVE!

…I said, FINISHER ACTIVE!

…Hey, nothing happens!

Zafira: Did you seriously try to activate your finisher inside this car?

Rode: Hey, hey, hey! This body is precious, you know!

Atma: Oh. Whoops. Sorry.

Zafira: Your finisher is most likely works like your Ability Cards. In that you need your SP Bar. And according to you, you fill it by,

Atma: Beating people up? Awesome! I get to beat up jerks, and remember my mother…

Violet: So, you’re only able to regain your memories…by fighting?

Violet mutters, with a sorrowful expression. Which made Atma realize something.

Atma: Oh, right. My promise…Well, I did say I’m not staying-

Violet: No. You’re staying with us.

Atma: Eh? Didn’t you say-

Violet: I know. And I still don’t want you to fight. You shouldn’t have to…but I realize something.

Atma: Realize what?

Violet: You are a kind-hearted person, Atma. You care for others. Of course you couldn’t sit by and watch as people get hurt. That’s not who you are. So, and I really hate to say this, but I allow you to fight. While still staying with us. As long as you promise me this, Atma.

Atma: What promise?

Violet: Promise me, that you will only fight when it’s the last option. When you need to stop others from getting hurt.

Atma: Oh. That’s no problem, Violet.

Violet: That’s not all, Atma. If you want to protect others through fighting, then you must fight better.

Zafira: (thoughts) Wait what?

Atma: Fight better?

Violet: To prevent others and yourself from getting hurt. Which I’m sure what Zafira could teach a thing or two.

Zafira: Huh?! What are you talking about?

Violet: Your silat skills, of course.

Zafira: Huh? How did you know that?!

Zafira glares at Violet, while Violet just looks confused at Zafira’s question. As if it is has an obvious answer.

Violet: …From our father?

Zafira: …Oh. (thoughts) He’s my father, you rich prat.

Atma: Wait, what’s a silat?

Violet: It’s how you learn to defend yourself. How to protect yourself and others from getting hurt.

Atma: Really? That sounds so cool! Wait…is that why Zafira could beat-

Zafira: Fine. I’ll teach you how to properly fight, Atma. To repay you for saving my life.

Atma: Yes! Thanks, Zafira. I can’t wait to look as cool as you! Seriously, thank you. Both of you. If it wasn’t for you guys just now, I-

Violet: It’s nothing, Atma. I didn’t really do much. Although… I could teach you how to shoot-with a bow, of course.

Atma: Just like you? Heck yeah!

Violet: Ah, I almost forgot.

Atma: Forgot what?

Violet: There’s one other final thing you need to promise me first.

Atma: No problem! Just tell me what it is.

Zafira: (thoughts) Great. What is she demanding this time?

Violet: I want you to have fun.

Zafira: (thoughts) What.

Violet: Atma.

Violet spoke sternly, looking straight into Atma’s eyes.

Atma: Yes?

Violet: You are not a weapon. You are not a tool. You are a human being, just like Zafira. Just like me. Just like everyone else. You deserve to enjoy life. You deserve to have fun. You deserve to be happy. I’m sure your mother wants the same for you.

Violet: Of course! Every mother wants the best for their children!

Violet: So, can you do it, Atma? Can you promise me to have fun?

Atma: Of course! And this time, I don’t plan on breaking this promise!

Violet smiled happily.  Zafira on the other hand, has a lot on her mind as she glances at her pocket. Hiding something she doesn’t want others to see…

Sometime later, at Violet’s home, in Zafira’s Room.

Click

Zafira locks the door tightly. Before taking out something from her pocket. Which happens to be 2 small cards. Much, much smaller than Atma’s cards, and they have a red background compared to Atma’s blue background. However, they have similar designs to Atma’s cards.

Wave

Grapple

As everyone else focuses on Atma’s glowing crystal, Zafira’s attention is on something else.

Mainly, her own glowing crystal on her watch.

Zafira: (thoughts) What the…

Immediately, she covers her watch, making sure nobody notices it

Zafira: (thoughts) Especially Violet…

Atma: VOLT AERIAL KICK

Zafira watches as Atma’s Grapple Card materialize in front of Atma. When suddenly, unnoticed by everyone else, two small cards materialize in front of Zafira. Before her crystal stops glowing.

To say Zafira is surprised is an understatement.

Zafira: (thoughts) What on earth…

Immediately, she hid the cards inside her pocket. Not letting anyone notice it.

Zafira: (thoughts) This day keeps getting weirder and weirder…hmm…

Zafira checks the cards all over, trying to see what she can do with it. Until she notices that behind each card, is the shape of a red diamond. Similar to the diamond crystal on Zafira’s watch.

Zafira: (thoughts)…what if?

Curiously, and cautiously, Zafira places one of the cards over her watch.

Grapple

Which causes her watch to suddenly morph into a miniature crane claw. Similar to the monsters’ claw.

Zafira: (thoughts) No way…

Growing even more curious, Zafira aims her grappling claw at an object in her room. Before attempting to fire it.

Which it did. The claw hand grabs the object, before retracting back to Zafira.

To say Zafira was shocked is an understatement.

A sinister smirk appears on Zafira face, as an idea came to her.

Zafira: (thoughts) These things…have potential. And I got these because of Atma. And he gets his cards whenever he defeats any enemy…so the more he fights, the more I get these cards. Bringing me one step closer to my revenge. I just have to use him…

Atma: You saved me.

You care for me.

Seriously, thank you!

For a moment, Zafira felt a bit of regret in her heart. Is she really going to risk Atma’s life, the guy who saved her life, for her own desires?

Zafira: (thoughts)…I’m sorry, Atma. But my revenge comes first. Besides, this will be mutually beneficial. You regain more of your memories, Atma, and I get closer to my goal.

Of killing that traitor.

A short girl in a lab coat glares at her handphone as she checks the latest trending on social media. “Jet Boy fights Claw Monsters” are some of the keywords spreading around.

Short Girl: Oi, Agent Steel.

A male voice responds, in an almost robotic voice.

Agent Steel: Yes, Master Shiro?

Short Girl: Since when did I give your permission to sell the Claw Modules?

Agent Steel: You didn’t, Master Shiro

Short Girl: Then how the **** do these guys transform into Claw Beasts?!

Agent Steel: My hypothesis is that the thief that broke in last week is the one who gave them the Claw Modules?

Short Girl: …Oh. I guess that makes sense. Hmmph! I knew there was a robbery last week! Yet that ***** said I misplaced it…Grr!

Agent Steel: Shall I hunt down this thief, Master Shiro?

Shiro: …Nah. If that thief is this good at hiding his or her tracks, I doubt you can find that bastard. I’ll hunt that bastard later. Right now, just keep on selling these for now.

She grabs several cylindrical objects before chucking it in the air.

Suddenly, a big grey, motorcycle appears, as if out of nowhere, and caught the objects. Somehow.

Shiro: You’re the only one I could trust, Agent Steel.

Motorcycle: My wish is your command, master Shiro.

To be continued…

• 5 months later...

Limit Break Episode 3: The Possibilities of the Self

The room door opens as the dark-skinned police woman enters, carrying a bunch of gifts. Much to the delight of the police officer lying in bed.

Male police officer: Devi, it’s good to see you!

Devi: I could say the same to you, Kenny. How are you feeling right now?

Kenny: I feel like these bills are gonna kill me.

Devi: Heh. Same old same old.

Kenny: What about you? You okay?

Devi: Oh, I’m doing fine. Thanks to-

Kenny: That superhero kid?

Devi: Yeah. Can you believe it? An actual superhero. It’s like something out of TV.

Kenny: …Right. Superhero?

Devi: …Oh, I know that look. Those judging eyes, you don’t trust that kid.

Kenny: Obviously. That superkid appeared at the same time as those monster freaks. What a convenient coincidence.

Devi: Yeah, it is convenient. You get to badmouth that kid from the safety of your bed. While that kid almost died trying to save your sorry rear.

Kenny; That kid who glows all dark and ominous? Totally not suspicious.

Devi: That’s…

Kenny: There’s also Datin Wang and Spark’s daughter.

Devi: What about them?

Kenny: You don’t find it suspicious how 2 of this city’s richest families cares for that superkid?

Devi: It’s call “human compassion”, Kenny. Maybe you should try some of that.

Kenny: Hah! Compassion?! From that Wang *****?! Oh please, pigs will fly first.

Devi: And so is my hand.

Kenny: Wha-

Smack!

Nurse: Ooof!

The nurses winced at Devi’s actions.

Before snapping pictures eagerly.

Nurse 1: This is going into my funny compilation!

Devi: Until you recover from your obvious brain damage, I’ll be keeping these gifts. Bye.

With that, the police woman left Kenny. Comically sprawled on the floor, with a huge slap mark on his face.

Nurse 3: Heh. Serves him right.

Nurse 1: That will teach him not to be so bull-headed.

Nurse 2: Err…Shouldn’t we help him?

Nurse 1: Hmm…I guess we should…after we post this on social media.

Nurse 2: Nice!

Atma: Whoah…

Atma gazed in amazement at the sight of the mansion in front of him. The enormous mansion, as huge as the eye can see.

Zafira: I’m returning to my room. Don’t bother me.

Before Violet could say anything, Zafira walks back to her room, passing by a cylindrical robot.

Maid Robot: Greetings. Welcome ho-

Zafira: Shut it.

And so, the robot did.

Atma: Oh My God! You’re so cute!

Atma’s eyes sparkle with glee, as he notices the cylindrical robot. Painted to look like it’s wearing a suit.

Atma: Hello there, I’m Atma. What’s your name?

Butler Robot: Greetings, Guest Atma. Welcome to the Spark Mansion.

Atma: Hello? I said, what’s your name?

Butler Robot: What service do you require of me, Guest Atma?

Atma: Your name.

Butler Robot: Apologies, Guest Atma. Your words aren’t clear. May Giest Atma repeat your words?

Atma: I said-

Violet: Err, Atma?

Atma: Yeah, Violet?

Violet: That’s…err…not a person, Atma. It’s a machine.

Atma: Wait, what? Really? But it speaks like one.

Violet: Yes, it does, Atma. It will do anything you ask it. Watch. *Ehem* Butler, grab a glass of water for our guest.

Butler Robot: Order received.

So, Butler Robot did. And returns with a glass of water.

Atma: Whoah, fast! Thanks!

Violet: No matter the order, it will do so without delay. And it isn’t the only robot serving this mansion. There are dozens of other robots just like this at this mansion. working tirelessly to make sure you feel comfortable here.

Atma: Whoah!

Violet: But these are just machines. Not people. If you need someone to talk to, or hang out with, you can always look for me, Rode, and especially Zafira.

Atma: Heh, of course I wanna hang out with Zafira. But I wanna see this whole place first. It’s so huge…

Violet: Ufufu, of course, Atma. Follow me.

And so, Violet shows Atma around the huge mansion.

But because the author’s a lazy fraud, we’ll be skipping straight to Atma’s room.

Violet: And here’s our final destination, your very own room.

Atma: Whoah…it’s huge. Like a…like a…well, it’s huge!

Violet: Ufufu, I’m glad you are satisfied with your room, Atma.

Atma: Satis-what?

Violet: It means you like it. This room will ensure that you will stay comfortable. No matter the temperature. That over there is the bathroom where you’ll be taking a bath. This drawer,

She opens a huge drawer, revealing an assortment of many, many clothes.

Violet: Has the clothes you need. If there’s none that satisfy you, I’ll order some other new clothes. Just for you.

Atma: They seem fine. Let me try them out.

Violet: W-w-wait, Atma!

Atma: Yeah?

Atma stop taking off his shirt.

Violet: …It’s fine if you undressed in front of your mother (for your age), Atma. But, not in front of others. Especially not in front of girls. It’s improper.

Atma: Whoops. Sorry!

Violet: It’s alright, Atma. Just don’t do that again.

Atma: By the way, what’s that big thing over there? Looks so flu…flu…flu…

Violet: That’s the bed where you will sleep. It’s all for yours only.

Atma: Whoah…thanks Violet. Like seriously, thank you.

Violet: You’re welcome, Atma. Go take a bath and change your clothes, before sleeping for the night. I’ll see you tomorrow morning!

Atma: See you tomorrow!

With that, Violet left Atma. Soon, Atma step into the bathroom, preparing to take a bath. When he encounters a problem,

Atma: …err…which should I use?

Atma stared in confusion at the various buttons inside the bathroom. He ponders and ponders and decides,

Atma: Eh. I’ll just try them all!

And so, he did.

Which he regreteed immensely.

Atma: Brr! S-s-so cold!

Atma shivers as he steps out of the bathroom.

Atma: Next time I’m asking Violet for help. It’s so…cold?

Suddenly, the temperature in the room grew warmer and warmer. Not too hot, just the right temperature to dry off and provide Atma warmth.

Atma: Whoah…Violet’s right. This feels good! Fuh…

Soon, Atma is ready to lie on his bed, wearing one of the clothes he found in the drawer.

Atma: Hmm…these clothes are not as cool as the one I’m wearing before, but eh. It’ll do for now. Now, time to sleep!

And so, he did. The second he lies on the bed; he quickly drifts into dreamland.

Atma: Kroh…kroh…

Dream Atma: Hah…hah…hah…You okay, mother?

Dream Mother: I’m fine.

Atma took a defensive stance as he and his mother are surrounded by lots and lots of monsters. And I mean a loot of them. Atma already taken out a lot of them, but more are still coming.

Dream Monsters: Muehehe! We are so evil!

Atma: Scrap! How do I beat these jerks?!

Dream ??????: Leave it to me!

Vroom!

Suddenly, a motorcycle appears out of nowhere. Heading towards the monsters. And the person standing right on top of it is,

Zafira leap from her bike, flying high through the air, before crossing her arms together, and unleashing her,

Zafira: Z Kousen!!!

The beam of light from Zafira arms hit every monster, instantly vaporising them.

Leaving no monster remaining.

Mother: Oh, my goodness! Your friend is so cool!

Atma: I know, right?!

Zafira landed gracefully in front of them, before brushing off the dust of her hands.

Zafira: This is nothing. Not even 1% of my full power.

Atma: Thanks a lot, Zafira!

Mother: Really, we are so thankful for you.

Zafira: It’s nothing.

Atma: Man, I wish I could as cool as you!

Zafira: Why not?

Zafira: I’ll teach you everything you need to know. On how to be,

COOL.

With me by your side, nothing can get in the way of our coolness!

Atma’s eyes sparkles in amazement at Zafira’s proclamation as she extends her hands towards Atma. All Atma could say is,

Atma: YES! YES! YES!-

Atma: Yesss…yessss…yessss…

As Atma enjoys his bizarre dream, his clothes start to change…

Next morning…

Knock, Knock.

Violet: Wake up, Atma. It’s morning-oh, my.

Violet smile in amusement as she steps into Atma’s bedroom, and saw Atma sprawled all over. Half his body on the bed, and the other half lying on the floor.

Violet: Ufufu. You must have slept well last night. Wake up, Atma. It’s not good to lie like th-eh?

As Violet removes the covers from Atma, she notices something about Atma’s attire. In that, it’s now red and blue. Just like the clothes Atma was previously wearing.

Violet: From the shape and design, it’s definitely one of the spare clothes from inside the drawer. But I’m sure there’s none that has this colour scheme. Hmm…is it just like that time?

Violet: (thoughts) Hmm…Nothing beats a good plate of nasi lemak.

Violet thought to herself as she sits in the corner of the restaurant, feasting on her food. When suddenly, Zafira enters the restaurant, dragging Atma.

Violet: (thoughts) Eh? Zafira? What she’s doing here? And with a boy??? Wait…don’t tell me…she’s sneaking out…for a boy?!?!?!

Violet’s Imaginations:

Corrupted Zafira: Uwek! I hate you! I want to run away with my boyfriend!

Zafira’s evil boyfriend, with his devil horns, devil teeth, and devil tail, wearing  a t-shirt saying “I’m evil” cackled with glee.

Evil Boyfriend: Hahaha! I’m gonna corrupt this innocent woman, and there’s nothing you can do to stop me! Muahahaha!

End of Imagination:

Violet: (thoughts) Yamete! I can’t allow it! I mustn’t allow it! I have to…wait, that boy. He…doesn’t seem evil…rather, he looks like he hasn’t eaten for a week…

Atma: Ergh…so hungry…

Violet: (thoughts) Ah, I see.

Violet smile warmly, as she realises what’s actually happening.

Violet: (thoughts) How silly of me. I should have expected better from a good girl like Zafira. Can’t say I approve of sneaking out of the mansion…but I’ll let this slide…

Violet: Excuse me, waiter. Two plates of nasi lemak for them, please.

Violet continues to observe Zafira and Atma, and grew amused at Atma’s antics.

Violet: (thoughts) Ufufu. What a humorous boy.

Atma: Thanks, Zafira. You’re super cool! Love ya!

Violet’s eyes nearly dropped of out of the socket in surprise, as she saw Atma’s attire changing attire. Along with Atma’s chest crystal.

Violet: …Excuse me?

Violet: …Ufufu. The ability to change your clothes colour however you want. It’s almost magical.

Atma inserts his card.

2 blue and red magical glyphs appear on Atma, as Atma inserts his card. Before a yellow volt aura engulfs Atma, transforming him into his Volt Mode.

Violet: …Or perhaps it is? Perhaps it’s not just merely advanced technology…?

Chibi Violet: Which means you should get rid of this kid. Immediately.

Suddenly, a Chibi form Violet appears, perched on Violet’s shoulder. Looking rather pissed.

Violet: Excuse me? Why would I do such a thing?

Chibi Violet: Hello??? Did you forget? You promised yourself you won’t get involved with magic anymore.

Violet: …Yes, I did.

Chibi Violet: So???

Violet: I also promised to look after him. And that takes priority. So there.

Atma: Ergh…wha…?

Violet: Oh, Atma. You’re awake.

Atma: Huh…?

Violet: I have breakfast ready for you.

Atma: Brea…wha?

Violet: It means food in the morning.

Atma: Food?!

Instantly, Atma is awake. Much to Violet’s amusement.

Later, at the dining room.

Atma: Mmm! Yummy!

Violet chuckle as Atma gobbles down his breakfast in one go.

Violet: Eat slowly, Atma. Don’t rush.

Atma: Hehe, sorry. Zafira said the same th-wait, Zafira! Where is she? She should be eating this as well!

Violet: She’s…tends to busy in the morning. But don’t worry Atma, I’ve sent breakfast to her room.

Chibi Violet: Yeah, right. Let’s be honest, that brat doesn’t eat with you because she hates your guts.

Violet: You shouldn’t assume the worst out of others.

Shoulder Angel: Assume what?! It’s pretty obvious since day 1, that brat despises you. She never even considers you her sister, despite what you’ve done for her!

Violet: Aren’t you my shoulder angel? Shouldn’t you be saying something positive?

Atma: The heck is a shoulder angel?

Violet: Oh! Err…you heard me, Atma?

Atma: Hard not to.

Violet: Oh. It’s, uh, nothing. Just thinking to myself. Are you still hungry, Atma? You can ask for more.

Atma: Really? Yes! Thanks, Violet.

Violet: The pleasure’s all mine.

Violet snapped her fingers, and a robot maid placed another plate of food for Atma, much to his delight.

Violet: I would have love to accompany you, Atma-

Violet: But I have business to attend to. In the meantime, after breakfast you can do whatever want. Whether alone, or hanging out with Zafira, I don’t mind. As long as you’re having fun. Just remember to tell me through Zafira.

Atma: No prob!

Violet: See you later, Atma.

With that, Violet left Atma and head out with Rode. Leaving Atma to enjoy his breakfast.

Atma: Yum! This food is yummy!

Lanzhu: Eh, I’ll give it a 5/10.

Atma: Gah!

Debuk! Crash! Clang!

Lanzhu cackled with glee at Atma’s surprised outburst, which flips the table and the chairs upside-down. Somehow.

Atma: Lanzhu?

Lanzhu: Yo!

Atma: Wow, I didn’t know you live here too.

Lanzhu: Hah! I wish, but nah. I’m just want to visit you, Mister Superhero.

Atma: Superhero? What’s that?

Lanzhu: Pfft, nice one kiddo.

Atma: Nice what?

Lanzhu: …Wait, you don’t know?

Atma: …No. Even if I did, I can’t even remember. ‘Cause of my amne…amnes…amnes…

Lanzhu: Wait, you have amnesia? For real?

Atma: Yeah, that! I don’t remember anything before I woke up and get saved by Zafira.

Lanzhu: That brat? Saved you?

Lanzhu raised her eyebrow, sceptical.

Atma: Yeah! She was so cool. If she didn’t save me, I’d have no idea what’ll happen-

Just then, Atma remembered something.

Atma: I forgot! You saved me as well, Lanzhu.

Lanzhu: Now you remember?

Atma: Thanks for yesterday, Lanzhu. Sorry I forgot!

Lanzhu: Is that all?

Lanzhu: I risk my life saving your rear, and a thanks is all I got?

Atma: Not sure what “life” is, but you’re right. I haven’t repaid you yet. So, what do you want?

Lanzhu smirk deviously.

Lanzhu: Hmm…how about…that belt of yours?

Atma: Oh this? Here you go.

Atma hands over his belt to Lanzhu, much to her astonishment.

Lanzhu: Wait, for real? Just like that?

Atma: Yup. You can have it if you want.

Lanzhu: Wow. To say you’re naïve is an understatement.

Lanzhu: I just want to take a look at this thing. I doubt I can use it, considering I’m not half robot like you.

Atma: Oh.

Lanzhu looks over the belt in her hand, before noticing something.

Lanzhu: Yo! This thing can fit two cards? Sick!

Atma: Wait, really?

Atma look over his belt, and saw that Lanzhu is right. The belt does indeed have 2 slots, not just one.

Lanzhu: Wait, you don’t know?

Atma: Ehehe, no…Hmm, maybe I could use 2 cards? I wanna try-oh, wait. I can’t. I need to fill my SP Bar first.

One explanation later.

Lanzhu: So, you need to beat up people first before you can use any of these?

Atma: Yup.

Atam remarks as he shows his cards to a curious Lanzhu.

Volt. Wave. Grapple.

Lanzhu: Hmm? Hey, look at this!

Lanzhu points at the Grapple card. Like Atma’s other two cards, it has a blue background. But interestingly, Grapple Card has the words “Ready” inscribed on it.

Atma: Rea…reya…reyad…how do you say it?

Lanzhu: …You sure you’re not just dumb?

Atma: Oi!

Lanzhu: Let’s try this one.

Without waiting for Atma’s response, Lanzhu slots the Grapple card into Atma’s belt.

GRAPPLE WEAPON: READY

A grapple weapon digitally materializes on Atma’s right hand. Much to his surprise, amazement, and delight.

Atma: Whoah…how did you do it?!

Lanzhu: The card says “ready”, so it’s ready.

Atma: Wait, that’s what it says? Huh. Thanks a lot, Lanzhu. This is so cool!

An excited Atma fires his grappling claw, which smashes into a vase.

Crash!

Atma: Oh scrap! Didn’t mean to do that.

Lanzhu: Nah, it’s okay.

Atma: Wait, really?

Lanzhu: Trust me, Violet wouldn’t mind.

Atma: Oh, thank goodness.

Lanzhu: Hmm…there’s a lot of stuff you don’t know about you and your powers, huh?

Atma: Yeah… I wanna know more. What other cool stuff I could do?

Lanzhu: Why not we figure it out?

Zafira: Uwargh…

Zafira yawned loudly as she exits her room.

Zafira: (thoughts) Can’t believe I overslept…I was gonna teach him silat today…and test out this gadget…Hopefully, he hasn’t grown bored.

And so, she searches for the human-robot hybrid inside the huge mansion.

And keeps on searching…

And searching…

And searching…

Until she ran out of patience.

Zafira: Where are you?!?!?!

Dining room, no.

Living room, no.

Recreation room, no. Do I seriously have to search this whole stupid mansion? Urgh! This is why I despise this place. Other than staying with that woman…wait.

A thought came to Zafira’s mind. A very inconvenient thought, but one she must make sure of.

Zafira: …(thoughts) His shoes aren’t here. And that woman’s car is nowhere to be seen. The conclusion is obvious…

Smack!

Zafira: (thoughts) I just wasted my time! Urgh....should have just slept in…

Zafira is about to head back in, when she notices the gate opening automatically. Signalling a car is coming.

Zafira: (thoughts) I didn’t even get to rest…

Violet’s car parks at the mansion’s parking lot, before Violet exits the car.

Violet: Oh? What are you doing here outside, Zafira? Is Atma hanging in the game room now?

Zafira: …(thoughts) wait, what?

Zafira: Isn’t he with you???

Violet: Eh? No. The last I saw him is in the dining room. I thought he would have been with you?

Zafira: …what.

Atma’s face is turning red, as he strains himself for…something.

He’s starting to run of breath.

Until he couldn’t take it anymore.

Atma: Gah! I can’t do it!

Lanzhu: Hah hah hah! You look like you’re taking a dump!

Atma: Urgh…no matter how hard I use my boosters, I can’t fly. What a bummer…

Lanzhu: Well, from what I’ve seen so far, there’s a lot of stuff you can’t do.

Atma: Hey!

Lanzhu: What? It’s true. You can’t use your shockwave attack; you can’t use your jet swords-

Atma: Hey, I can use those! Look!

Atma focus on thinking about his jet blades.

Before the jet blades materialized on his wrists.

Lanzhu: Yeah, but you couldn’t shoot with those things, right? You can’t even fuse them into a sword.

Atma: …You’re right…hah…I can do it before, why can’t I do that now? I want to fly…It would be so cool. Zafira would love it!

Lanzhu: You really care about that brat, huh?

Atma: Brat?

Lanzhu: Zafira! I said, Zafira.

Atma: Of course, I care about Zafira. Zafira saved me, after all. While looking super cool.

Lanzhu: Oh, so you want to be just as cool as her, huh?

Atma: Duh, why wouldn’t I?

Lanzhu: Well, I know just the thing.

Atma: You do?

Lanzhu smirks, a devious plan forming in her head.

Violet: Calm down, Zafira.

Zafira: Why?! That idiot went out without telling me! He could be lying dead in a ditch, or getting kidnapped! Once I find him, he’s gonna get it…

Violet: And we’ll find him, I assure you.

Zafira: How?! This city’s huge! Where are you gonna find him?!

Violet: We at least have to try, Zafira. With the help of my friend.

Atma: Hah…hah…hah…fuh…I’m tired…but it’s fun!

Lanzhu: Heh, you’re a fast learner, superhero boy.

Atma: All thanks to you, Lanzhu. Can’t wait to show this to Zafira.

Lanzhu: Just thanks? My help isn’t free, you know?

Atma: So, what do you want? Tell me, and I’ll get it for you.

Lanzhu smirks deviously.

Lanzhu: Hmm…how about a little-

Ring!

Lanzhu: Hang on.

She looks at her caller, and smirks. Before putting her phone on speaker mode and answering it.

Lanzhu: Yo, Violet! How it’s doing gal?

Atma: Violet?

Violet: Eh? Atma? Is that him with you?

Lanzhu: Oh yeah, I stole him for our date.

Violet: Excuse me?

Zafira: ?

Atma: Date?

Lanzhu: Hang on, kid.

Lanzhu close off speaker mode, before saying,

Lanzhu: What, jealous?

Violet: Lanzhu, he’s a kid.

Lanzhu: So?

Violet: You’re a teenager. 13 years old.

Lanzhu: So, what?

Lanzhu: …

Lanzhu: …

Atma: …Lanzhu? You okay-

Vioelt: Where are you right now?

Lanzhu: Not stuck in a stuffy mansion with that brat, that’s for sure.

Violet: I’m serio…you sneaked Atma out, didn’t you?

Lanzhu: Maybe I did, maybe I didn’t? Who knows?

Violet: …We need to talk.

Lanzhu: What do you think we are doing?

Violet: …Just stay there. And don’t try anything inappropriate.

Lanzhu: Violet, you wound me! When I have ever done anything like that?

…You really want me to answer that-

Lanzhu: Oops, my line-is-breaking-gotta-go-bye!

With that, the line is disconnected. Leaving a questioning Zafira.

Zafira: Oi, what’s going on?

Violet: …Someone’s is getting a stern talking to…

Rode gulped in fear, while Violet searches Lanzhu’s phone location…

(~~)

Lanzhu: Heh. Same old Violet. Too easy to tease. Now where were we-hmm?

Lanzhu: The heck is wrong with you, superkid?

Atma: Thir…sty…

Lanzhu: Heh. Even a half machine like you still need water, huh? …Although machines do need coolant…Come on, let’s get you a drink.

With Lanzhu leading the way, the two of them found a vending machine, where some people are queueing in front of it.

Atma: What…hah…that?

Lanzhu: Hang on. Oi!

She exclaimed at the waiting people. They turn towards Lanzhu, before gasping at the sight of Atma.

Civilian 1: Isn’t that…

Civilian 2: That freak! What’s he doing here?!

Atma: Oi-

Lanzhu: Yeah, that’s right! This freaks gonna give you a piece of his mind unless you scram!

Atma: Wh-

Civilians: Eeek!

Almost instantly, everyone fled. Leaving the vending machine for Atma and Lanzhu.

Lanzhu: Heh! Too easy!

Atma: Why do…hah…say that…? I’m not…hah…

Lanzhu: Save your breath, kid.

With a simple click, 2 tin cans pop out of the machine. Before Lanzhu open it and hands one over to Atma.

Lanzhu: Here.

Immediately, Atma glug down the whole can.

Atma: Wow! This drink is…wow! Just, wow!

Lanzhu: I know, I know, I have good taste.

Atma: Thanks, Lanzhu!

Lanzhu: Oh, it’s nothing. Hmm…this thing isn’t sweet enough.

Atma: Eh? Really?

Lanzhu: Oh, don’t worry. I know how to make it sweeter.

Lanzhu smirks, before-

Violet & Zafira: Atma!

Atma: Hmm? Oh, Violet! Zafira!

The naïve Atma smile with glee as the two girls approached Atma, without realizing how furious Zafira is.

Atma: Zafira, I-

Zafira: Do you know how worried I am?!

Zafura: I wasted my time searching for you, only to find you fooling around with her!

Lanzhu: Is that supposed to be a bad thing? He has way more fun hanging with me than wasting time with a brat like you.

Atma: Wha-

Zafira: You-

Lanzhu: Besides, he doesn’t belong to you, brat. He can do whatever he wants.

Violet: It’s true he doesn’t belong to anyone, Lanzhu, but Atma’s under my care. It’s my responsibility to look after him. It’s hard to accomplish that, when you didn’t tell me or Zafira where did you go, Atma. Like I told you to.

Atma gasp in horror and shock as he realizes his mistake.

Atma: Scrap! I forgot! I’m sorr-

Zafira: Of course, you forgot! What do you even remember?!

Lanzhu: That’s rich coming from you, brat.

Violet: ?

Lanzhu: You also went out yesterday. Without telling anyone. Rules for him, not for me?

Zafira: Wha?! I…err…That…

Zafira stammers, as she tries to think of a retort. But she couldn’t. As she just realizes her hypocrisy.

Violet: Wait, how did you know that Lanzhu? I never told you any of that.

Lanzhu: Oh, come on. It’s not that hard to figure out. I’ve seen that clip. That brat looks like a deer in highlights when she saw you. Obviously, she didn’t expect you to be there. And since this ungrateful brat hates you, it’s not hard to connect the dots.

Zafira: (thoughts) Huh?! She knew just from that? For real?

Violet: Hold on, Lanzhu. Did you sneak Atma out…just to teach Zafira a lesson?

Lanzhu: Hah! You make me sound like I care for this brat. I could care less about her. But what I do care is payback against this brat. For making you worry.

Violet: Two wrongs doesn’t make a right, Lanzhu. Besides, I’ve already settled this matter with Zafira yesterday-

Lanzhu: Tch! Of course, you would say that. You always say tha-

Zafira: I’m sorry, Atma.

Lanzhu: Hah?

Zafira: I’m got mad at you when I did the same thing yesterday. I’m a hypocrite.

Atma: What? No! You’re not a hyproc-

Lanzhu: No, she literally is. She’s a walking definition of hypocrite.

Atma: …what is a hypocrite znyway?

Zafira: All you need to know is that I’m at fault here. Not you. You don’t have to say sorry.

Atma: Oh…errr…I-

Zafira: If you wanna go out, I…I have no right to-

?: Ouw!

Immediately, all 4 heads turn to the source of that sound. Which turns out to be a little girl in white hijab. Who spilled her ice cream on a thug.

Girl in White: Oh, sorry Mister! I didn’t mean to!

Thug: Sorry?! Sorry isn’t gonna pay for my jeans, you brat!

Girl in White: Eek! B-b-but I’m really sorry!

Atma: Yeah! She said sorry. Chillax already!

Atma glares at the thug. Which the thug scowls back.

Thug: It’s none of your business-

Atma: Then I’m making it mine-

Violet: Let me handle this, Atma.

Violet put her arm in front of Atma, before addressing the thug.

Violet: Tell me the cost, and I’ll pay for it. As long as you leave the kids alone.

Lanzhu: Really, Vi? You’re giving face to this freak?

Thug: What did you call me?!

Lanzhu: The truth.

Atma: Yeah!

Thug: Oh, you wanna mess with me? Well then…

The thug took out a cylindrical object. Much to everyone’s confusion, and worry.

Violet: Whatever it is you’re doing, we can still settle this matter peacefully si-

Thug: Shut it.

Suddenly, the thug stamps the object on his wrist.

SAW!

Thug: RRAGH!

Suddenly, the thug’s body changes. From the head to the feet, front to back, his body morphs.

Into a monster.

To say everyone is shocked is an understatement.

Atma: What the?! You look like those jerks from yesterday!

Girl in White: Eeek! A m-m-monster!

Monster: Huh. This feels good! I could get used to this.

Unlike the monsters from before, this monster has what seems to be several frills on its back. Very, very sharp frills, resembling circular saws…

Violet: Kid, run away!

Monster: Oh, no you don’t!

The monster grab one of its saw-frills and is about to throw it at the little girl-

Atma: Jet Boost!

Before Atma pushed the girl out of the way. Narrowly dodging the saw blade.

Atma: You okay?

Girl in White: *sniff*…I’m…I’m scared! *sniff*

Atma: Don’t worry! I’ll save-

Another saw blade flew towards Atma, aiming for his back.

Clang!

Which Atma deflected with his jet blade.

To say everyone is surprised is an understatement.

Monster: You…you deflected my blade?!

Atma: Back of!

Atma took a guarding stance, with both of his jet blades out. Protecting the girl from the evil monster.

Monster: Don’t get cocky, brat!

The monster takes out more saw blades before throwing them at Atma, one by one.

Clang!

Clang!

Clang!

Which Atma deflects. All of them.

Zafira: (thoughts) …aren’t those Silat techniques…?

Lanzhu: Heh! I taught him those moves.

Zafira: What.

Atma didn’t stop there though, as he activates his Grapple card.

GRAPPLE WEAPON: READY

Before Atma shoot his claw and caught the monster by the wrist, preventing it from taking its blades.

Monster: Urgh! Let go, you brat!

Atma: Surrender first!

Monster: Not a chance, brat!

With its other hand, its free hand, the monster grabs a blade to try and cut the cable.

Zafira: Atma, pull!

So Atma did.

Which made the blade missed the cable.

Slash!

Monster: Argh! My hand!

Lanzhu: Pfft!

Lanzhu snorted out a laughter.

Atma: S-sorry! I didn-

Zafira: Don’t! Attack that freak now!

Atma: Right! Hiyah!

With a strong jet boost, Atma swing the monster into the air. High, high in the air.

Smash!

Crack!

Before slamming down the monster. Hard. Much to Lanzhu’s delight.

Lanzhu: He also learned that from me as well.

Atma: Ouw,ouw,ouw!

Atma grasps his strained shoulder, much to the girls worry.

Violet: Don’t strain yourself!

Atma: I’m fine! I just wanna try out what Lanzhu said. Using two cards at once.

Atma: Now where does it *ouw* go…?

Atma inserts his Volt card into another slot in his belt.

VOLT

GRAPPLE

SYNCHRONISE

The girls watch in amazement as Atma and his grapple weapon transforms. Gaining yellow colours and bolt patterns. And his weapon transforms.

Into a much bigger, much sleeker weapon. More resembling a beam blaster.

PENCAPAH VOLTAN.

Atma: …

…Cool.

Atma glances at the monster on the ground, as it struggles to get up.

Monster: Urgh…

Atma: Heh. Should had surrendered earlier.

Atma click his belt,

FINISHER ACTIVE

Before flying high into the air. And aiming his weapon upwards.

Zafira: What are you…

Zafira’s words die on her tongue.

As Atma’s weapons starts to gathering electricity, charging a big ball of electric energy.

Atma: FINISHER!

Atma aim his weapon at the monster, who is panicking and pathetically trying to crawl away.

But Atma’s not having any of it.

Atma: VOLTAGE BEAM!

The voltage charged beam engulfs the monster, before resulting in an explosion. Amazingly, the explosion didn’t harm anyone else.

Only the monster, who’s return to its human form, unconscious.

MATERIALIZING…SAWBLADES

Atma: Nice.

Atma’s Mother: So, you can spin on your…what’s it called?

Atma: Axis.

Atma’s Mother: Yes, that. Sorry, your mother doesn’t really know much about these terms. So by spinning on your axis, you-

Atma: …

…Wait, is that it?

Lanzhu: That was super cool, kid! Looks like my lessons aren’t wasted on you.

Atma: Oh yeah, it is cool! Thanks, Lanzhu! If it wasn’t for you, I never could beat this jerk.

Zafira: She taught you…those moves?

Lanzhu: What? Just because I’m Chinese, you think I don’t know silat?

Zafira: Wha-I never said that!

Zafira stammers as her face became red, much to Atma’s confusion.

Violet: You taught him silat, Lanzhu?

Lanzhu: Along with a lot of other things. Like exploring what he can’t do (which is a lot),

Atma: Hey.

Lanzhu: What he could do, all that stuff.

Violet: So…you’re not just trying to get back at Zafira? You are trying to help Atma?

Lanzhu: Let’s just say I’m curious. I want to see Atma could do. You have a lot of potential, superhero.

Atma: Oh, er, thanks Lanzhu.

Violet: I don’t approve you sneaking Atma out of the house, but I’m grateful for all you’ve done for Atma. Just don’t do that again.

UNDERSTOOD?

For some reason, a deathly aura emits from Violet. Directed at Lanzhu. Who’s sweating very, very nervously.

Lanzhu: C-c-crystal, boss.

Atma: ?

Violet took a deep breath. Before,

Violet: Atma.

Atma: Yes, Violet?

Violet: You can go outside the house. You can hang around with Lanzhu. Or anyone else. You can go anywhere you want. Just please, tell me first. Can you promise me that, Atma?

Atma: Got it, Violet! I promise you I won’t break any more promises again. And I’m really, really so-

Zafira: Don’t.

Zafira glares at Atma.

Zafira: Don’t apologize for something that’s not your fault.

Atma: Oh, alright. So, what do you think Zafira? Do I look cool or what?

Zafira didn’t speak, as she avoids looking at Atma, looking downwards instead.

Atma: …Zafira? You okay?

Violet: Is there something wro-

Zafira: None of your business.

Lanzhu: Hmmph! Acting like a brat, no wonder Atma prefers learning from me.

Zafira glares at Lanzhu, who just glares back. Much to Violet’s disappointment. Before Violet could give a remark,

Atma: Wait Lanzhu. Didn’t you say-

Girl in White: Mama! Papa

Girl’s Mama & Papa: Murni!

Murni called to the man and woman who run towards her, before hugging her tightly.

Murni’s Papa: I’m so glad you’re safe!!!

Murni’s Mama: I’m never letting you out of my sight again!!

Little Girl: Look mama!

A little in girl in white attire points at Atma excitedly. Which her mother responds by hurriedly dragging her daughter away, with fear in her eyes.

Murni: He saved me! I told you he’s a good guy!

Murni points at Atma, who waved back.

Atma: Hi!

Murni’s Mama: So…you saved my daughter…I-

Zafira: I’m going on a walk. With Atma.

Zafira interrupts as she speaks to Violet.

Zafira: See you later.

Before Violet could reply, Zafira quickly drags an excited Atma away. Leaving a concerned Violet, a confused Murni and her family, and Lanzhu.

Atma: Yes, I get to hang out with you!

Zafira on the other hand,

Zafira: (thoughts) Those opportunistic filth. They think lesser of Atma, until Atma saved someone they cared about. And now they pretend to be grateful?

Zafira: Don’t get involve with people like that.

Atma: Huh? Why?

Zafira: It’s for your best.

Atma: …Zafira.

Zafira: What.

Atma: Are you okay?

Police Officer 1: Any progress on the interrogation?
Police Officer 2: The other suspects are still unconscious, so we’re only able to interrogate one for now.
Chief Sarj: It’s all that freak’s fault! He took matters into his own hands, and put our suspects into coma! And that remaining suspect is no use! Spouting nonsense like “Ghost Motorcycle”, pah! 
Dark skinned woman: Shouldn’t we look into this motorcycle?
Chief Sarj: Sure, let’s send the police force to hunt for a talking motorcycle. While we’re at that, why not call your friend Thomas for help?
Police Officer 3: Isn’t Thomas a locomotive?
Police Chief: Enough! We have no time to bother about talking motorcycles. 
Devi: But Sir-
Higher Chief: Because of some…circumstances, we can’t do anything about this so-called hero. For now.  But all of you here should keep a close eye on that “hero”. That thing is sure to cause even more trouble in the future. Trouble that not even the Spark and Wang family can overlook. 
Chief Sarj: Heh.
Devi: What?! But Sir-
Higher Chief: Remember. Just observe that “hero” now. Don’t take any actions yet. Meeting dismissed!
Devi: (thoughts)…But we barely got anything done…
Soon, every police officer exits the room. Talking among themselves. While Devi walked to her quarters, before slumping in her seat.
Devi: (thoughts) Urgh! Why are men so stubborn? I barely get my own words in. Why are we wasting time trying to figure out how to arrest a kid when we could be searching clues about these monsters?!!
Devi let out a long sigh.
Devi: (thoughts) Of course I know motorcycles don’t talk. But it’s pretty obvious that someone is supplying the thugs with these…things that transforms people into monsters. 
And that person uses a motorcycle. A big, grey motorcycle. We should be focusing on searching this motorcycle. Thus, narrowing down who’s the supplier. But they don’t even consider it…

…Well, looks like I have to take matters into my own hands…
To be continued…