Zoroark doesn't outspeed Shelly's Ilumise.

vlekje

As the title says, my zoroark wich is lvl 35 and has perfect speed IV's doesn't outspeed Shelly's Ilumise. I know that it has prankster, but to my understanding that shouldn't be a problem because zoroark is a dark type and dark types negate pranksters priority since gen 7. The wiki says that Ilumise is supposed to have 2 IV's and 48 EV's in speed, so according to my calculations at lvl 32 that speed should be 63. I also tested it if zoroark was in his regular form (not disguised as a different pokemon) but this also doesnt work. The only conclusion that I can draw out of this is that prankster does not get negated by dark types as in gen 6.

If anyone knows the reason as to why my zoroark doesnt outspeed please reply.

Edited by vlekje

4 hours ago, vlekje said:

As the title says, my zoroark wich is lvl 35 and has perfect speed IV's doesn't outspeed Shelly's Ilumise. I know that it has prankster, but to my understanding that shouldn't be a problem because zoroark is a dark type and dark types negate pranksters priority since gen 7. The wiki says that Ilumise is supposed to have 2 IV's and 48 EV's in speed, so according to my calculations at lvl 32 that speed should be 63. I also tested it if zoroark was in his regular form (not disguised as a different pokemon) but this also doesnt work. The only conclusion that I can draw out of this is that prankster does not get negated by dark types as in gen 6.

If anyone knows the reason as to why my zoroark doesnt outspeed please reply.

The gen 7 mechanic with prankster not working on dark types is implemented into reborn.  What you ran into is most likely illumise using rain dance.  Weather setting and terrain setting moves do not affect the pokemon themselves, but target the terrain.  Because Zororark was not specifically targeted, the status move worked with prankster.