Ash-Greninja for Reborn, Rejuv and Deso

Karvanha

I would like to thank @Aephiex for creating the original E18 version of this mod, to @BurstNeon for the initial E19 version, and to @TailsDoll2537 for help with the sprites!

Reborn (v19.0.16):

Spoiler

How it works:

Each of the Pokemon in the Greninja family now has an alternate form that has the ability Battle Bond; and each of them has a 50-50 chance of being this form or the normal Torrent/Protean form when obtained or caught in the wild. Evolutions and eggs of the two forms retain their respective forms. However, the Torrent/Protean forms can always be changed into the Battle Bond forms and vice versa, by using a Red-Hots on them.

Downloadhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1IXZBiHQZTowtb6q6H82mkjFICzOH4GZV/view?usp=sharing

Installation:

1. Copy the file named "Ash-Greninja Reborn.rb" into Pokemon Reborn/Data/Mods (if the Mods folder doesn't exist yet, create it).

2. Copy the file named "658.png" into Pokemon Reborn/Graphics/Battlers/ and the file named "icon658.png" into Pokemon Reborn/Graphics/Icons/, and replace the existing ones.

Uninstallation:

Make sure none of your Pokemon have the Battle Bond ability and then reverse all the file changes you made during installation.

Compatibility with other mods:

This mod should be compatible with almost all other mods.

Rejuvenation (v13.5.1):

Spoiler

How it works:

Here Greninja simply has Battle Bond as a third ability, which you can get using Ability Capsules of course.

Downloadhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1q5dO5tBwp_WvWMWkc8KlmixA6Z0clgkP/view?usp=sharing

InstallationDrop the contents of the unzipped folder into your Pokemon Rejuvenation folder and replace files when asked.

Uninstallation:

Make sure none of your Greninja have the Battle Bond ability and then reverse all the file changes you made during installation.

This mod would not be compatible with other mods that add/modify Pokemon, forms or abilities.

I would recommend also checking out @AsNKrysisBattle Bond mod, which includes Battle Bond forms for all three of the Kalos starters!

Desolation (v6.0.12):

Spoiler

How it works:

Here too Greninja simply has Battle Bond as a third ability, which you can get using Ability Capsules of course.

Downloadhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1c25I_T-SsDwPTbk3xI0b6dKwBqs_G6dI/view?usp=sharing

InstallationDrop the contents of the unzipped folder into your Pokemon Desolation folder and replace files when asked.

Uninstallation:

Make sure none of your Greninja have the Battle Bond ability and then reverse all the file changes you made during installation.

This mod would not be compatible with other mods that add/modify Pokemon, forms or abilities.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, MicahZX said:

Battle bond can also be obtained in the starter pokemon?

Yes. The Froakie will have a 50% chance of having Battle Bond. And you can always change Torrent/Protean to Battle Bond by using a Red-Hots (Red-Hots are available as soon as you reach the Obsidia Ward, which is much before you will have a Greninja)

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, AsNKrysis said:

Is it possible to make this work for Rejuvenation as well? If this is already meant to be compatible, the game crashes upon trying to load up with this mod enabled.

It is not meant to be compatible with Rejuvenation, because its scripts are a little different from Reborn's at the moment, and the sprite format is also different. I think the script base is going to be unified in the future though, so if I update it then, it should work for both games. So look forward to that I guess

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey man, hope you're doing well. I took it upon myself to make a working version for Rejuvenation v13.0.5 and used some of your code to do it. I was wondering if I could have the permission to release that with the next update of my Rejuvenation mod, along with the sprites you used for your Ash Greninja mod. I'll credit you properly, of course.

13 hours ago, AsNKrysis said:

Hey man, hope you're doing well. I took it upon myself to make a working version for Rejuvenation v13.0.5 and used some of your code to do it. I was wondering if I could have the permission to release that with the next update of my Rejuvenation mod, along with the sprites you used for your Ash Greninja mod. I'll credit you properly, of course.

Sure!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2023 at 8:33 AM, jepups said:

Hey thanks for this! If I use this mod, how will future updates to the game work? (will I need to redownload the mod, will updates cause crashes, etc?). And also, does this work with mac? This is for rejuvenation btw

It's best to just reinstall the mod every time you update the game (no need to delete anything, just replace existing files). I will try to update the mod to match the latest version of the game, but even if you just use the current version of the mod, there should be no crashes.

I have never used the Mac version of the game, but I'm fairly sure it should work as long as the files are placed in the correct locations

13 hours ago, Karvanha said:

It's best to just reinstall the mod every time you update the game (no need to delete anything, just replace existing files). I will try to update the mod to match the latest version of the game, but even if you just use the current version of the mod, there should be no crashes.

I have never used the Mac version of the game, but I'm fairly sure it should work as long as the files are placed in the correct locations

Thanks! I just realized I'm on V13 and not 13.5 of rejuvenation so maybe that's why it didn't work  when I tried it. 

• 4 weeks later...