Replacing Battle music files

RasenShot

I couldn't find a proper sub-forum for a technical-ish question so hopefully this is the right place (my apologies if it isn't).
Well, I'm about to start EP19 after I last played 18 like, 3 years ago. Then I remembered I replaced some files in the BGM folder (Rival battle theme for example) with no issue since those were straight up ".mp3". Thing is, I was about to do the same but noticed the BGM files are now ".ogg". 

Can I still replace them directly with the mp3 files or do I have to convert them?

• Global Mods
On 8/7/2022 at 10:44 PM, RasenShot said:

I couldn't find a proper sub-forum for a technical-ish question so hopefully this is the right place (my apologies if it isn't).
Well, I'm about to start EP19 after I last played 18 like, 3 years ago. Then I remembered I replaced some files in the BGM folder (Rival battle theme for example) with no issue since those were straight up ".mp3". Thing is, I was about to do the same but noticed the BGM files are now ".ogg". 

Can I still replace them directly with the mp3 files or do I have to convert them?

Files must be converted to .ogg files, otherwise your game will crash.