Using Reborn as base for fangames

Alweron

So, this may be a longer intro to basically nothing, but please bear with me.

TL, DR: I would really love to have Reborn as a base instead of Essentials. Is there someone that would help me?

For about a year I was developing a fangame of my own base on Reborn 18.4. That being said, the project itself was way (wayyyyy) too ambitious and my progress was super slow and I eventually got stuck due to having a family, work and other hobbies. I actually told myself that I will pick up the development after E19 drops.

Which...was a lie. But now that I've played through E19, I've got an idea for a new, much simpler project. So I threw my old stuff out (not really, but you get the point) and was ready to dive into this new thing...

But...well, lets just say I am noob in terms of Ruby coding and "that technical" stuff and what I've achieved editing E18 data (scripts) was with really big help from @andracass.  To put this more into context, I try and read all the coding/technical blogposts and I understand about...10%? Her help was so tremendous I felt obliged to donate some money to Pokémon Reborn, which I've done by PayPalling 100 USD to Ame.

So when I opened my E19 in RMXP and looked into the Scripts and I found only the Yeetifier (or however it's named), I was stunned.

I kinda understand it looks into the folder where the actual scritps are stored and I guess I could edit those files separately? But that's about it.

I know asking the devs to come up with some noob-friendly documentation which would be something like "to disable this feature, comment/delete this part of code" and "this piece of coding is SUPER IMPORTANT because blah blah blah" would be too much.

But at the same time, I kinda believe Pokémon Reborn was updated MASSIVELY and in its current states is better than Pokémon Essentials and it would be a shame not to build upon that. Not only for me, but possibly for other creators.

So my question is. Is there anyone that would help me and strip the game of SOME of its features, so I could (maybe) make something of my own?

Namely: Updater and all online features, but I'm almost sure I'm forgetting something right now. I remember editing parts of the code myself, but most of the time I've had really little understanding of what I was doing...

My strong believe is there are tons of people in this community who are much more skilled in this area than I am and that I don't want anything crazy. I mean there are Reborn mods and whole new version of Reborn, surely this thing I ask is possible. But maybe I'm wrong.
I was going to ask cass herself, but seeing that the whole team put huuuge amount of work into this already, I imagine they are all kinda burned out and I don't want to bother them specifically...

Thank you for reading this babbling of mine and thank anyone in advance for some insight.

DISCLAIMER: I am more than prepared to drop building anything on Pokémon Reborn, should the devs say so.