Turnabout {6th gen RMT}

Kamina

Turnabout

Introduction

Like many other, when I first heard about 6th gen and all the mega Pokémon and the things they would change I was skeptical at how “competitive” Pokémon would be. After trying it out though, I could not have been any more mistaken. The end to permanent weather itself had given rise to the viability of many of the old Pokémon and the new Pokémon alike. Mega Pokémons were also a boon because they gave a new element into competitive battling as only one of them could be chosen thus adding more strategy into Pokémon. My personal favorite was the nerf to critical hits as they are now not as game changing as they have previously been. Enough tangents about the new gen xd without further ado I present my first successful team which got be placed in rank 335 (after doing all the placement matches) in Showdown Pokebank OU and rank 1 in Reborn 6th gen OU.

Proof of peak

21bkeab.png

Team overview

649-burn.gif472.gif448-mega.png479-wash.gif 145.gif251.gif

Team Building

When I started laddering in 6th gen in Reborn I immediately noticed the prevalence and success of stall in ladder. For a few days I started using my own stall team to see how it would do but most battles would drag out to the 200 round mark and usually I would still end up losing. I decided I needed to make an anti stall team which would also be able to compete with other non-stalling teams and the end result is the team that you see above.

649-burn.png

I Start of this team with a choice band genesect because at that time most people ran scarf or rock polish and 3 special attacks so with a band I would have the element of surprise and if someone wanted to switch there Pokémon no matter who it was (unless it was a heatran) they would take huge damage from a U-Turn.

649-burn.png472.png

From the previous Experimentations I had done, gliscor had to be on the team because it is a very annoying Pokémon with toxic/sub/protect and also because it is a near perfect counter to aegislash (if they don’t run shadow ball)

649-burn.png472.png178.png

The biggest counter to gliscor is skarmory and one way to mitigate that is to get a xatu on the team. Skarm will not be able to get up hazards and cannot tank heat waves that well.

649-burn.png472.png178.png[Florges]

I had a physical wall now I needed a special wall that would complement gliscors weakness to ice/water and I came up with Florges. Unlike blissey, it can also hit very hard with moonblast.

649-burn.png472.png178.png[Florges]448.png

This one came from rin/rukia who told me that her team had a problem with Mega-Lucario and being the friend that I am I decided to run a mega lucario in my team so that I would stop losing to her stall dx.

649-burn.png472.png178.png[Florges]448.png132.png

At first I started to use this team with ditto but after a while I could not find ditto really that useful at all and my U-turns were not that effective as I would have liked it to be so I decided to go to a more u-turn – volt switch core.

649-burn.png472.png178.png[Florges]448.png479-wash.png

When I first tried Rotom-w I was just amazed at how well this team was able to synergize. It was “perfect”, so to speak. Well so i thought ( i was beating everyone in reborn but there were still some threats outside of reborn that this team was susceptible to)

649-burn.png472.png251.png479-wash.png448.png145.png

Besides not having a florges thingy i changed it up because mega gengar was becoming a problem but with sp defensive zapdoes it can tank mega gengars moves much better and switch out to lucario to finish it off. Since I now had a defogger there was no need for a magic bouncer so i got rid of xatu and replaced it with celebii as a special sweeper. Credit to void/[$g]drake for this.

In depth Analysis

15wdukm.png

Genesect @ Choice Band

Trait: Download

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd

Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)

- U-turn

- Iron Head

- Extreme Speed

- Flamethrower

I start of this team with a powerful choice band Pokémons that is Genesect. In general, if one wants to beat a stall team a choiceed band or speced Pokémon can do the trick. In addition to it, stall also has a hard time dealing with volt-switch and U-turn cores so what better Pokémon to fit this role than genesect. I contemplated scizor but genesect has higher attack and speed and also is less predictable than scizor in that genesect can be special or physical. If I get the attack boost from download, Genesect attack stat skyrockets all the way up to the 800s and not many pokemon can brush of a stab u-turn coming from that attack stat. Iron head is for fairies and special defensive walls who think that I am running a specially offensive variant. Extreme Speed has helped me so many times and its in situations where a volcarona starts spamming quiver dance and I have nothing to stop it. At increased attack and a choice band, genesect can OK volcarona at full hp and other specially defensive sweepers. Since all of his attacks thus far are tanked by steel pokemon, the last move I have on genesect is flamethrower.

noj4tv.png

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb

Trait: Poison Heal

EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spd

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Toxic

- Earthquake

- Substitute

- Protect

I give gliscor sixteen evs in speed so that it can out speed adamant scizors who run max speed. Overall this thing is the bane of many pokemon because once it gets the opponent badly poisoned, it can spam sub and protect long enough to have the pokemon be finished by toxic. It can also easily tank many of the physical attackers of this gen notably physical blazakin, aegislash and talonflame. Earthquake is last move because steel pokemon can’t be poisoned and it’s gliscors best stab move that is also super effective against steel type Pokémon. Also with its ability and toxic orb, not only does gliscor get 1/8th of its hp back every turn but also is unable to be put into any other status which is definitely a bonus when facing stall.

qplc87.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers

Trait: Pressure

EVs: 248 HP / 240 SDef / 20 Spd

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Volt Switch

- Heat Wave

- Roost

- Defog

Zapdos is the special wall for this team can tank extremely well. Unlike florgess, it is not too weak to mega gengar and can also provide momentum for this team by using volt switch. It is also able to get rid of hazards by using defog. 20 speed evs to outspeed adamant breloom and 248 hp to take less damage from stealth rocks and the rest on special defence to tank. Heatwave is to hit ground pokemon that volt switch cant hit and grass pokemon which resist the electric move (like ferrothorn)

294owe8.png

Lucario (F) @ Lucarionite

Trait: Justified

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Ice Punch

- Close Combat

- Crunch

- Bullet Punch

Lucario is the offensive powerhouse of the team. With adaptability all of its stab moves become supper effective and weakened pokemon easily fall to bullet punch. Max speed and jolly so that it can out speed and destroy all variants of khangaskhan who used to be a big threat to this team. Unless they are extremely bulky and or resist it, Closecombat will almost always onehitko/ 2 hit ko a pokemon. Other than that not, much else to explain, I have crunch exclusively for gengars and ice punch for landorus-t and gliscors. 4 def evs in lucario so that it can take priority moves that are usually physical a lot better.

anot2w.png

Edit:

Rotom-W @ Leftovers

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 32 SAtk / 8 Spd

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Hydro Pump

- Volt Switch

- Will-O-Wisp

- Pain Split

Bulkier and can deal with talonflame a lot more effectively than the other sets. No longer need hp grass as i have a celebii to deal with the pesky water/ground combo. 8 speed to out speed other bulky rotoms-w and 248 hp to take less damage from stealth rocks. 32 special attack for some extra damage :]. Can tank special ice moves pretty well which gliscor and zapdos are not fond of. Pain split is on because it is its only form of reliable recovery and will 0 wisp to cripple phisical attackers.

2mh5rmp.png

Celebi @ Leftovers

Trait: Natural Cure

EVs: 72 HP / 252 SAtk / 184 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Nasty Plot

- Earth Power

- Giga Drain

- Psychic

Celebi is my special sweeper for this team. The reason I chose not to get hidden power was because of the huge nerf that they were given this gen and unless its on a 4x weak pokemon it is pretty useless as stab psychic will do more than a 2 times effective hp fire on grass pokemon. Also if you are able to get of a nasty plot than even if you predict a gene switch and earth power you should still be able to one hit ko if its taken small damage. I gave it those speed evs to out speed timid lucario and mega kangaskhan before they are able to mega evolve. Also useful against mamoswine and if someone decides to run max speed heatran without scarf. Has come very handy in late game sweeps when opponents lose all of their sweepers. Very weak to mega gengar so you have to make sure you are never trapped by them by using good prediction.

Conclusion

This team has worked wonders and I would appreciate to see other peoples feed backs on possibly ways it improve upon it. From my experience some of the threats to this team are curselax and megagengar and in showdown the electric spider because team preview and unable to effectively get sticky webs bounced back. Thankfully all the pokemon that are affect by sticky web have access to a priority but sometimes it can be a pain.

Importable

old version:

Genesect @ Choice Band

- U-turn

- Iron Head

- Extreme Speed

- Flamethrower

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb

- Toxic

- Earthquake

- Substitute

- Protect

- Ice Punch

- Close Combat

- Earthquake

- Bullet Punch

Xatu (M) @ Rocky Helmet

Trait: Magic Bounce

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Heat Wave

- Psychic

- U-turn

- Roost

Florges (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Flower Veil

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd

- Wish

- Moonblast

- Protect

- Aromatherapy

Rotom (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Volt Switch

- Hydro Pump

- Hidden Power [Grass]

- Pain Split

New Version

Genesect @ Choice Band

- U-turn

- Iron Head

- Extreme Speed

- Flamethrower

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb

EVs: 220 HP / 252 Def / 36 Spd

- Toxic

- Earthquake

- Substitute

- Protect

- Ice Punch

- Close Combat

- Crunch

- Bullet Punch

Zapdos @ Leftovers

- Volt Switch

- Heat Wave

- Roost

- Defog

Celebi @ Leftovers

Trait: Natural Cure

- Nasty Plot

- Earth Power

- Giga Drain

- Psychic

Rotom-W @ Leftovers

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Hydro Pump

- Volt Switch

- Will-O-Wisp

- Pain Split

p.s will try to make it more presentable/ fix grammar but atm not having the time (finals)

Also shout out to rukia/rin because without her stall team i do not think i would have ever been able to create this team

And testing out scarf rotom since it helps patch up my weakness to mega lucario and mega gengar.

Shout out to void sjmistery for helping patch up problems :]

Don't know why but I have a massive problem with Xatu. This gen seems to have introduced a new threat in form of Sticky Web. Nearly every user of Sticky Web will cause Xatu to have problems. I'd kinda recommend a rapid spinner or even a defoger. A good defoger would be Empoleon as he has near perfect Senergy with Gliscor. If you want one that is very similar to Xatu, try Starmie. It's better than Xatu in nearly every way except no momentum moves like U-Turn. Starmie does carry Rapid Spin, Recovery, and other moves like Scald, T-Bolt, or Ice Beam. You can threaten Skarmory with Recover and T-Bolt damage to force it out and it could run a Rocky Helmet with a bulky set if you so desire. As for Scizor, you already have Genesect and various other pokemon that can deal with Scizor so having Heat Wave is a bit unnecessary.

It's very rare that I don't criticise a team. This is easily one of the best teams I've seen.

Thanks for the rate i am elated that you took a liking this team.

hello delicious kamina

Aside from obvious typos, it looks like your team could fall to sweepers that set up if not for genesect. Hazards are also a (minor) issue but you have totem bird so wacka

9/10 for being kamina

haha yah most quiver dancers can have their way with this team so it is important to save genesect and not to sack him early on. dx yah gotta make good predictions with the bird so that you will never have hazards on your side.

Don't know why but I have a massive problem with Xatu. This gen seems to have introduced a new threat in form of Sticky Web. Nearly every user of Sticky Web will cause Xatu to have problems. I'd kinda recommend a rapid spinner or even a defoger. A good defoger would be Empoleon as he has near perfect Senergy with Gliscor. If you want one that is very similar to Xatu, try Starmie. It's better than Xatu in nearly every way except no momentum moves like U-Turn. Starmie does carry Rapid Spin, Recovery, and other moves like Scald, T-Bolt, or Ice Beam. You can threaten Skarmory with Recover and T-Bolt damage to force it out and it could run a Rocky Helmet with a bulky set if you so desire. As for Scizor, you already have Genesect and various other pokemon that can deal with Scizor so having Heat Wave is a bit unnecessary.

Ahh yah sticky web Galvatula have put me in a sticky situation many times but usually with no team previews as in what reborn follows, people try to set them up immediately so I am able to bounce it back to opponent as well. Other than galvantuala, aridoes and smeargle can't hurt xatu that much and with max def neither can most variants of shuckle (those are the only sticky webbers i have ever seen). I like your suggestion with swapping Xatu with Stamie but that would leave me vulnerable to pokemon such as ferrothorn and even though i have a genesect most people will predict me to use flamethrower on them and switch out. Also starmie has to waste a turn and moveslot for rapid spin while xatu need not do either (and can, at times, force the opponent to waste a turn rapid spinning or defogging instead) though it does require a bit more skill with prediction. Empoleon does indeed have nice synergy with gliscor i guess i should have expanded upon it though. Many Electric pokemon such a jolteon run hp ice and rotom-w are also common and both of them can easily cripple the empoleon/gliscor core. Florguess and Gliscor on the other hand cannot easily be taken down unless it is with a mega gengar but even in that situation mega gengar can take out empoleon with focus blast. Still your nit pick has brought contemplation about switching florguess with blissey since mega gengar is much more common than keldeo and can pose serious threat to this team (expecially since genesects priority does not effect it). So i might try blisey instead of florguess had have wish/softboiled/shadowball/seismictoss since sometimes aromatherapy can interfere with gliscors tanking abilities (gets rid of its status which heals it).

Impressive team, tough a Life Orb mamoswine can take out your main defensive core almost by itself (even rotom W falls to a well timed Superpower). Your lack of fst pokemon bar lucario may cause you a couple of deads if an oposing sweeper (an oposing mega lucario with sticky web support and Ice Punch, for example) manages to set up.

Edited by SJMistery

Impressive team, tough a Life Orb mamoswine can take out your main defensive core almost by itself (even rotom W falls to a well timed Superpower). Your lack of fst pokemon bar lucario may cause you a couple of deads if an oposing sweeper (an oposing mega lucario with sticky web support and Ice Punch, for example) manages to set up.

Yah Mamoswine can take out my defensive core but with easy prediction it should not be too hard to stop. Mamoswine will not superpower a gliscor or a florguess because it is not effective against either. So you switch to rotom-w who will out-speed mamoswine and tank any move that is not superpower and than hit back with a hydropump. Mega lucario with same max speed and beneficial speed nature is a problem so i am thinking about giving rotom a scarf to outspeed and dish out damage to it and hopefully that should patch up the weakness without causing to many problems. Of corse I will replace painsplit with trick since it is the better move with a choice scarf. Thanks for rate

Very well crafted team I must say.

Mega Lucario seems to be a very rare sight on Show Down, despite it being a very effective Pokemon in the current Meta Game.

Pretty good synergy as well, and I'm always a fan of Toxic/Sub/Protect/EQ Glsicor, I haven't made a 6th Gen team without it so far...

Yah Mamoswine can take out my defensive core but with easy prediction it should not be too hard to stop. Mamoswine will not superpower a gliscor or a florguess because it is not effective against either. So you switch to rotom-w who will out-speed mamoswine and tank any move that is not superpower and than hit back with a hydropump. Mega lucario with same max speed and beneficial speed nature is a problem so i am thinking about giving rotom a scarf to outspeed and dish out damage to it and hopefully that should patch up the weakness without causing to many problems. Of corse I will replace painsplit with trick since it is the better move with a choice scarf. Thanks for rate

i tend to do it, tough; my prediction sense is legendary

dude congrats on peak...my only suggestion would be to try mega gengar over lucario since volt turn is killer with shadow tag. I don't know how this messes up your team balance but it's something to try out once you get bored of dominating with this iteration of the team.

dude congrats on peak...my only suggestion would be to try mega gengar over lucario since volt turn is killer with shadow tag. I don't know how this messes up your team balance but it's something to try out once you get bored of dominating with this iteration of the team.

Except Shadow Tag doesn't stop switching moves like U-Turn, Volt Switch and Baton Pass...

Except Shadow Tag doesn't stop switching moves like U-Turn, Volt Switch and Baton Pass...

you missed the point, who is that the team who runs the shadow tagger is the one who needs to have the switching move: trappers are twice as deadly if they have Uturn/volt swtitch support, who greatly helps them to catch their intended target.

is the reason m chandelure was so deadly in 5th gen: thanks to the support of his partner in crime, magnezone

Edited by SJMistery

Mega Lucario seems to be a very rare sight on Show Down, despite it being a very effective Pokemon in the current Meta Game.

Pretty good synergy as well, and I'm always a fan of Toxic/Sub/Protect/EQ Glsicor, I haven't made a 6th Gen team without it so far...

To be fair, you can't really use Showdown as a basis for good players.

i tend to do it, tough; my prediction sense is legendary

a nice stroke of ego ic xd

haha yah lucario was meant to be a stall breaker and mega gengar also seems to also fill that role (trap and kill). I will definitely try it out to see how it does!

thank youz! Yah the toxic/sub/protect/eq gliscor has been one of my favorite sets since the last gen xd.

To be fair, you can't really use Showdown as a basis for good players.

They got some pretty good people xd.

I don't normally post here, but I'm bored and this team doesn't look to bad, could be good with a few tweaks, so I'll help out.

I was [$G]Drake when I laddered on here for a bit, if you remember [:

nasty plot mega luke straight up 6-0s this team, scarf rotom-w doesn't really help because it can't KO.

the fact that you're running zero bulk on rotom also means that it's a pretty shaky check to talonflame;

+2 252+ Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 148-174 (61.4 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

not to mention that your current spread means rotom will be a whole lot easier to wear down. banded talonflame will be another big issue, as it has a chance to 2hko your current rotom set even if you're at 100%.

to help you deal with mega luke, I'd suggest a special defensive zapdos with defog over xatu:

Zapdos @ Leftovers

- Volt Switch

- Heat Wave

- Roost

- Defog

volt switch to fit in with the whole volt turn thing you have going on.

I'd also suggest a bulkier rotom set, I'd go for a phys def rotom:

Rotom-W @ Leftovers

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Hydro Pump

- Volt Switch

- Will-O-Wisp

- Pain Split

florges looks rather out of place on this team, and honestly isn't a very good pokemon imo. it doesn't take physical OR special hits as well as chansey and passes smaller wishes. it hits harder but that isn't really enough to make a difference, especially when you only have one attacking move. it also is a free switch-in for pokemon like gengar and mixed aegislash, both of which can wreak havoc on your team, especially sub gengar and flash cannon/iron head aegislash. zapdos deals with those two much more efficiently, which is why I believe it will serve you a lot better as a special wall.

either way, both florges and chansey don't really fit on this team and would ruin your momentum every time you go into them. also, your team doesn't require either wish or aromatherapy, as most of your team either has their own form of recovery or are too frail to be passed wishes reliably, while you have two t-wave absorbers, two toxic absorbers and one pokemon who absorbs all status in gliscor.

I'd go with something more offensive over florges as I feel your team needs a bit more offensive power, especially on the special side, to be more threatening overall, and you now have zapdos to take special hits.

I'd suggest tail glow manaphy in this slot. I'm not sure if this OU on reborn yet, but it is everywhere else, and reborn ladder is so easy you don't need a good team to get a high peak anyway lol.

Manaphy @ Leftovers

Trait: Hydration

- Tail Glow

- Scald

- Ice Beam

- Energy Ball

This thing has a field day with quagsire/gastrodon, meaning you're free to use the vastly superior WoW over the largely useless hp grass.

One last thing I'll say is that mega luke just isn't anywhere near as threatening without a set-up move. you need to take into consideration the fact that your coverage moves are weaker as mega luke compared to a normal LO luke. close combat still hits like a truck, but without SD it becomes so much easier to check you.

I'd go with SD > bullet punch. mega luke with that 112 base speed is breaking all kinds of speed tiers, the prio isn't really even necessary. plus stuff that normally revenge kill it like scarf gene / scarf keldeo / talonflame etc don't take much from bullet punch anyway.

so, a brief overview of my suggested changes:

spdef zapdos > xatu
bulkier rotom spread with WoW > hp grass
tail glow manaphy > florges
SD > bullet punch on mega luke

hope these changes work out for you, should you decide to try them out [:

haha long time drake. Of corse i remember you : P

I cant say i disagree with any of the things you stated as SD talon flame is a huge problem and usually required me to sack xatu to get as much damage on it as possibly and try to finish it off with genesect.

I have also noticed Florges lacking a bit and Zapdoes and a bulkier rotom would help significantly against Talonflame and other threats such as special lucario

Unfortunately manaphy is still not OU yet though i have tried

But i will definitely try it out in pokebank OU in showdown dx.

BP has saved me a lot (from mega gengar) so i am a bit reluctant to get rid of it for sd but i will definitely to see if it comes handy in more situations

Appreciate the rate man thanks :]

you could continue using bullet punch wherever mega gengar is still allowed, probably is on reborn, no clue about showdown though. I made the rate with PO tiers in mind.

phys mega luke with ice punch still looks like a problem, but you can probably deal with it by not letting it set up, and the CC defense drops will let you KO back with anything that can take a hit.

its understandable

Zapdoes and bulkier rotom have been helping a lot.

I decided to try out celebii instead of manaphy in reborn and still seems to be doing the trick i don't know if its because they are bad tho

as for phisical lucario with ice punch

full hp gliscor can tank a ice punch (75% if timid max damage). If that fails than i will have to rely on luck and hope that my own mega lucario outspeeds opponents or that opponents lucatrio's hp low enough to beat with priority dx.

Celebii can also tank a crunch or ice punch fairly well and dish out damage with earth power.

I love and hate this team at the same time.
Encounters with this team were either easy, or horrible.

I've deducted that the factor depended on having a Talonflame or not. The games where I had Talonflame or could use Talonflame were moderately more easy than the ones where I didn't.

I've also noticed that it took you quite some time to adapt to my Trick-Azelf lead.

Especially the ones who run Psychoshock/Flamethrower. By now you know that I carry it but regardless I see it as a threat to this team because it can easily take down a few while tricking Scarf onto a wall (Like the time I tricked CS onto your Gliscor).

But overall a pretty solid team, more solid than my Mega Lucario team currently is.

@scenekidlove

yah talonflame was a bit of an issue but with the fixes that have just been implemented it should not be much of a problem anymore.

Trick azelf got me once but if i do ever face it again it should not be as damaging as it initially was.

Thanks for rate though!

Also i have edited the rmt with the necessary adjustments!

thanks for all the replies!

As of this moment i have not found any major threats that can really cripple the edited team. only mega chariazard y because if switched in on the wrong pokemon it can usually kill off a team member

• 1 month later...