Working 19.12 Game file setup for JoiPlay

Fayt_Bouleouve

I noticed the problem with 19.12 not working on JoiPlay, so I put together a game folder that works for JoiPlay.  It's made it from the base folder from the Ep19 beta run and the 19.12 patch link provided on the Readme from the base 19.12 download.  Little forewarning, the download is about the same size as the entire game, so 630MB.  

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OZvah4ZUDzskVN1zA9v4AYdVzOz6fc-E/view?usp=drivesdk

Also, this thing is entirely experimental, so there's no guarantee there's no bugs in it, but hopefully they're not be beyond the scope of the public download.  

Usual warnings: The devs will be mad if you report JoiPlay related bugs, yada yada.

Other mods work with this, and PBS files also work with this setup as well, I tested it a bit before posting.  If this works better than I think, you might be able to apply future patches by merging them to the game files like back in ep18.

Literally first time doing something like this, so any input is appreciated. 

The current version of the game is workig on JoiPlay.  Link to download page is here: 

Edited by Fayt_Bouleouve
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@nikkuhhmillz I recently found out that the latest 19.16 download works on the app, so I need to update this post.  One thing noticed with running the game through the app is that the animated tiles are all black and/or not entirely animated. So far, I've found that waterfalls, first gym tiles, and lava tiles don't animate. Surf tiles are ok though. I'll update the post with the most recent version soon.

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but was wondering if maybe you are able to help with the issue I am encountering with 19.16 on JoiPlay. I have been able to run other games fine, but for Reborn JoiPlay keeps crashing as soon as I start a game (new game or save file). Error log is stating "Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `tone' for #<Tilemap:0x0000007eab7b6ce8>" With a lot of lines behind that. 

EDIT: game does work when I open from PC, and I checked the files when copying to mobile.

EDIT2: found that JoiPlay and RPG addon need updates (manually rather than through playstore). After that the issue was resolved

Edited by morteel

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2022 at 4:58 AM, morteel said:

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but was wondering if maybe you are able to help with the issue I am encountering with 19.16 on JoiPlay. I have been able to run other games fine, but for Reborn JoiPlay keeps crashing as soon as I start a game (new game or save file). Error log is stating "Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `tone' for #<Tilemap:0x0000007eab7b6ce8>" With a lot of lines behind that. 

EDIT: game does work when I open from PC, and I checked the files when copying to mobile.

EDIT2: found that JoiPlay and RPG addon need updates (manually rather than through playstore). After that the issue was resolved

Meant to quote this

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2022 at 9:23 PM, Fayt_Bouleouve said:

@nikkuhhmillz I recently found out that the latest 19.16 download works on the app, so I need to update this post.  One thing noticed with running the game through the app is that the animated tiles are all black and/or not entirely animated. So far, I've found that waterfalls, first gym tiles, and lava tiles don't animate. Surf tiles are ok though. I'll update the post with the most recent version soon.

Is there a workaround for this? I dont mind waterfalls and lava, but also the crystals from Iolia Valley dont show, so it is imposible to navigate. 

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-14 at 3.07.43 PM.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Where can I update them manually?

• 2 weeks later...

How do I update the game on joiplay? I can run the new 19.16 as an entirely new game, but I want my old progress and pokemon. I tried to patch the old save file on joiplay with the "updater.exe" but the updater file doesn't show up when I look for it. Joiplay says something about an rga file to patch it with. Any suggestions?