19.0.1 Update Location Question

ohsnoes

For me, the updater file is still present in the zipped folder, but the file will not open or run when I try to copy it over to the unzipped folder. The updater then disappears after I try to run it.

1 minute ago, Liroy said:

Guys, that's just how I organized my stuff, look for the same folder that u launch the game from, it should be there

I am using the same folder, so I guess I will redownload. Thanks for pointing it out though, so I know what to look for. :)

3 minutes ago, xaviershuzen said:

For me, the updater file is still present in the zipped folder, but the file will not open or run when I try to copy it over to the unzipped folder. The updater then disappears after I try to run it.

That just happened to me too.

4 minutes ago, Jo_Sky said:

I keep on getting the error that says Windows defender blocked the operation because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software. What should I do?

Authorize the file, close then re open updater, it worked for me.

27 minutes ago, ohsnoes said:

I got mine working but I had to reinstall since the updater kept deleting itself from my old file. Thanks for the help everyone.

Just to give you information on this since I just figured it out, it was most likly that the security on your computer was flagging the updater as harmful and prevented from adding it when you extrated the file. Basically go to your security settings and set the updater to be allowed on your computer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chaosdile said:

How is the updater supposed to work? I click on it and nothing happens, and the game isn't updating.

Don't get any notifications from defender either

just click and open the updater and it should give you an option to update the game to the current version

2 minutes ago, Frozenwolf94 said:

just click and open the updater and it should give you an option to update the game to the current version

Tried reinstall and still the same issue. Nothing pops up. Task manager says it's running though. Nothing in security, and running as admin doesn't help

2 minutes ago, Chaosdile said:

Tried reinstall and still the same issue. Nothing pops up. Task manager says it's running though. Nothing in security, and running as admin doesn't help

are you on Mac or Windows? I'm on Windows so the security could be different on Mac

I don't know if I'm stupid but how do I update Mac version? The updater is an .exe file so I can't open it. A pop-up window says to visit the website to get the latest patch but I'm not sure where it is. I redownloaded the whole game again and it still says I need to update the game. 

Edit: Oop, yeah I'm stupid lol. I just had to scroll down a bit on the download page to find the patch download haha

Edited by YoctoCrunch

For me, even after changing my Windows Security settings and performing a fresh reinstall, the Updater does not extract with the rest of the files from the zipped folder. Attempting to manually transfer the Updater file and running it still triggers a Security Warning, albeit not from Windows Defender, and attempting to continue shows a Windows dialog box that says "This app can't run on your PC". The Updater is then missing from my folder.

Untitled.thumb.png.a498320bbfd96594d986e6a524444631.png