Ditto and IVs

Alep-h

Hello everyone. 

Just finished my second run of Pokemon Reborn, a monotype ground this time, and am now full waiting mode until E19 is released to start a third run, potentially a fairy or fightning mono (not the main doubt of this option, but also feel free to share input in which you'd think is more fun or whatever).

But when the time comes, I reallly wanna start doing more serious breeding for my teams, and getting them to their best possible versions stat-wise. What I wanna know is: how does one actually get that fabled 5IV ditto in-game? Aside the obvious "ask for someone else to trade it to you" since I want the runs to stay way as much as possible from online trading and such. Is the only way literally reset hell until you get the right ditto? Or is there anything else I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

Hello there. Congrats on your run! Seems you like monorun, but why don't you try an only 6 mon run, then you can use some good breedings and try to beat the game without any other mon. I like playing like this haha

Regarding Ditto, there are three possibilities:

1 - Reseting the hell out of the game until you get one;

2 - Hacking the game or using a mod that enables you to put an specifc mon in there. I think Reborn Hardcore mod enables something like this;

3 - Trading.

Another approach you may want to use is breeding a set of mons that covers all the egg groups, so you keep breeding them until you get a male with 5 or preferable 6 IVs and use them in your wanted breeds.  

I recommend the set: Charmander (Monster/Dragon), Phantump (Grass/Amorphous), Woobat (Flying/Field), Spinda (Field/Human Like), Remoraid (Water 1/Water 2), Skorupi (Bug/Water3), Snorunt (Fairy/Mineral). Though you can pretty much take any mons so you can cover all egg groups.

I am able to provide any of theses mons (even ditto), maybe even the ones you are looking to breed yourself, but already bred.

Hope it helps. See ya~