Features you would like in a Mystery Dungeon game.

Nullspace

(Sorry if wrong forum, I looked up and couldn't reach a conclusion on where this should go)

I really would like to see a PMD fangame with a story comparable to Rejuv o Reborn, but alas, that doesn't exist (and mayhaps never be).
However, I wonder---for those that enjoyed the series---which features do you enjoyed the most, or would have liked to use? I'm talking more about gameplay than story. For me PSMD (I have not played DX) was the best game-mechanics wise, bar the removal of the normal recruitment process (at least don't arbitrarily block them) and outside-of-dungeon battles (they could have been delicious additions to cutscenes).

My opinion:

• Easy access to moves. While I loved Explorers games, having to use a menu to use a move was argh, and linked moves were not exactly the solution. The way it was handled in the next versions was really good in my opinion.
    • Also a better way to use/classify items in the bag?
  • I really like the original recruitment process (I have heard it did return in DX!), but sometimes I'd like those characters have more of a story but that is a huge logistic problem (I liked the references that PSMD did to previous games).
  • Emeras and looplets are good in my opinion, I'd have liked a limited form to retain them for use in harder dungeons.
  • Crafting, cooking? Idk, might be a bit out of the left field, but sometimes I wonder what to do with lots of unused items.
  • Room-wide moves need a nerf, just an opinion.
  • Some switchable way to control each team member (for those ugly moments).
  • Look around (see all the room) should have a more prominent shortcut to use.
  • Terrain effects (🙃) ? It should be that a fire Pokemon on lava should have blaze activated or something?
  • Non square grid dungeons (at least curved hallways), although that gets in the way of destructible walls.
  • I love wands, but maybe they need a slight nerf, or orbs need a boost?
  • Saving mid-dungeon should not be a luxury
  • Quests? I mean, each mission is like a quest, but I long for longer side storylines (and a way to know what to do next)

What are your opinions?

• Upvote 1