Desolation basic info

enu

• Developers

Hi, I like Reborn a lot and played Reju too although it's not as great as Reborn in my personal opinion.

I'm thinking about giving Desolation a try but I can't find the basic information of how far the game actually is in terms of development.

Current release 5.1 has 7 gyms... out of how many? Is it planned as a standard 8 gyms game or will there be more?

Similarly the episode number 5.1 - is it known how many episodes is the game supposed to have in the end? Ofc I know that even if a planned number is known, it may change as the development goes, I fully respect that.

Next what is the current level cap in the game?

Basically I just wanna know how much of the planned full game is already implemented. If I should expect a 30% done experience or 80% done experience.

Also is Gen 8 planned to be added later? It doesn't matter to me if it isn't planned or if the devs have not decided yet, I think 7 gens is already plenty and don't care much about gen 8. I'm just curious.

The last update seems to be nearly year and a half old. Considering Cass's involvement in Reborn development that's ofc perfectly understandable. I'm guessing the development of Desolation will resume after Reborn is finished?

Thanks!

• Global Mods

Hi Deso Dev here! Here to answer a few of your questions.

1) There will be a total of 12 gyms in the game, we are currently on 7 like the 5.1 thread states.

2) We have a rough estimate of how many episodes there will be, but we cannot disclose that since as you mention, it may change throughout development.

3) Currently Level Cap is 70!

4) For a "done experience" uhhh maybe like 60ish% done? There's a lot of content up to 20+ hrs for you to enjoy.

5) We have answered this but yes Gen 8 will be coming to Episode 6

And to answer the most important question...

Cass is not the leading developer for Desolation, the leading developer is a nice ole guy called Caz. So with that in mind, development is and has been ongoing since the release of Episode 5, we have a Development Blog linked here which showcases a good amount of our development since the end of Episode 5. 

Hopefully that has answered all your questions! Feel free to ask anymore if you have any.

• Like 1