A couple quick questions about customizing pokemon reborn with rpg maker xp

pokemanz4321

Hey everybody.  Looking to take Pokemon Reborn and add gen 8 pokemon as well as update the pbs files to change spawns and gym leader rosters and then recompile the game and had a few questions:

1) What versions of pokemon essentials in rpg maker xp is the game currently built from? 19.1? 18.1? 17.2? Or if later versions can be used than the one it was built with what changes would I need to make to make the game compatible, if any?

2) Looks like maybe I can get all of gen with the altforms mod.  Does it contain all gen 8 pokemon along with sprites including ones from the expansion?

3) If I manage to successfully modify the game, how can I then convert that to a game-z.exe version?  Or can I not and just need to use game.exe version?

Thanks

Edited by pokemanz4321
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm not sure if this thread has been abandoned because I can see it's been a while since @Gastronely replied, but I'm wondering how you edited reborn without essentials.

I can't figure out how to access Reborn's Game.rxproj file without writing Reborn's assets over a Pokemon Essentials Master-copy. Even when I try to do that with the 19.1 Essentials version, I'm getting some compiletime issues. It looks like Reborn 18.4 either compiles using different syntax than Essentials does or somehow I'm doing something wrong copying over the files.

I don't think the issue is with the PBS file since I have fresh copies of both the most recent version of Reborn and the PBS files from the FAQ.

Let me know if you can help out. I'd really appreciate it.

4 hours ago, softpeaked said:

I'm not sure if this thread has been abandoned because I can see it's been a while since @Gastronely replied, but I'm wondering how you edited reborn without essentials.

I can't figure out how to access Reborn's Game.rxproj file without writing Reborn's assets over a Pokemon Essentials Master-copy. Even when I try to do that with the 19.1 Essentials version, I'm getting some compiletime issues. It looks like Reborn 18.4 either compiles using different syntax than Essentials does or somehow I'm doing something wrong copying over the files.

I don't think the issue is with the PBS file since I have fresh copies of both the most recent version of Reborn and the PBS files from the FAQ.

Let me know if you can help out. I'd really appreciate it.

Assuming you own a copy of RPGmakerXP, all you have to do is enter the directory that contains the Game.exe file, create a text document, type "RPGXP 1.05", and save it as Game.rxproj. Then open the file with RPG Maker XP. (Thanks, random Reddit post)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2