Questions about the rainbow field

Mr. SU

howdy! I've been theorycrafting strategies for a challenge run I wanna do once E19 comes out and I've been thinking about incorporating rainbow field into some of them. But there's some things that aren't on the wiki that I'm curious about.

If summoned with weather, what type does weather ball become? Does rainbow field activate sun and rain based abilities like chlorophyll and swift swim or does it activate neither?

Apparently magical seed activates healing wish, does that mean the magical seed holder does the move and dies for the next member to come out or does that mean it gets the benefit of healing wish?

Weather ball is a special normal move, so rainbow field should turn it into a random type.

Magical seed applies the benefits of healing wish - the holder does not faint.  

I believe weather-dependent abilities like chlorophyll and swift swim do not activate, but I'm not certain.

1 hour ago, Mr. SU said:

howdy! I've been theorycrafting strategies for a challenge run I wanna do once E19 comes out and I've been thinking about incorporating rainbow field into some of them. But there's some things that aren't on the wiki that I'm curious about.

If summoned with weather, what type does weather ball become? Does rainbow field activate sun and rain based abilities like chlorophyll and swift swim or does it activate neither?

Apparently magical seed activates healing wish, does that mean the magical seed holder does the move and dies for the next member to come out or does that mean it gets the benefit of healing wish?

If summoned by weather, weather ball turns into the type that the weather is. For example, if you set rain first then set sun, weather ball would be fire as it still would be sunny. The field probably says, "The attack was rainbow charged", because weather ball is still "normal" type to the battle screen. 

Abilities like chlorophyll still work if the weather is the one needed. If sun was set first and rain was set second, then abilities like swift swim would proc and etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trydode said:

If summoned by weather, weather ball turns into the type that the weather is. For example, if you set rain first then set sun, weather ball would be fire as it still would be sunny. The field probably says, "The attack was rainbow charged", because weather ball is still "normal" type to the battle screen. 

Abilities like chlorophyll still work if the weather is the one needed. If sun was set first and rain was set second, then abilities like swift swim would proc and etc.

Thank you! So the weather is essentially the one used second? interesting.

This is in the context of a mono grass run and I'm interested in rainbow field since ludicolo and cherrim get rain dance and sunny day by level-up so I can use rainbow strats as early as Corey's gym battle. I was kinda wondering if I could do something wild like having ludicolo's swift swim and venusaur's chlorophyll work at the same time in doubles but it looks like that's not an option.

On 8/30/2021 at 2:41 PM, Mr. SU said:

Thank you! So the weather is essentially the one used second? interesting.

This is in the context of a mono grass run and I'm interested in rainbow field since ludicolo and cherrim get rain dance and sunny day by level-up so I can use rainbow strats as early as Corey's gym battle. I was kinda wondering if I could do something wild like having ludicolo's swift swim and venusaur's chlorophyll work at the same time in doubles but it looks like that's not an option.

The rainbow field itself doesn't proc abilities, the weather does. So yea, unfortunately you cant have swift swim and chlorophyll activated at the same.

After the field is set up, you can still change the weather (unless you change it to hail or sandstorm cus that terminates the field).