MonoDark Team FTW!

MrAA777

I just beat Hardy to finish my monotype run. It was incredibly fun! 

darkmono.png.2ac6bde0f2c663af956cc99003b8ba86.png

Here is the team I used. 

MVPs: 

MsWonder the Malamar: I got Inkay purely by luck with a Wonder Trade (hence the name) very early in the game, it came clutch so many times.  Contrary ability and superpower is stupid fun

Foul Play - TrickRoom (Reflect or Light Screen depending on the fight) - Superpower - Psycho Cut 

Swifty the Greninja: Outspeed everything, coverage against almost everything. The first time I used Greninja and became one of my all time faves 

Night Slash - Surf - Smackdown - Extrasensory 

Moonie the Umbreon: Any bad matchup, put out my bae and outlast. I love it. 

Feint Attack - Protect - Moonlight - Toxic 

Arya the Bisharp: Kill the FAIRIES 

Iron Head - Night Slash - Grass Knot - Swords Dance 

Other notable members, Weavile (one hit or get one hitted), Shiftry (Set up Grassy Terrain), Pancham and Scrafty, Sharpedo with Speed Boost & Protect 

Disappointments:

Tyranitar: Waited so long for it and barely did anything. Maybe I couldn't figure out how to use it  

Krookodile: It's only purpose was to set up Stealth Rocks for the Glass Workshop Gauntlet 

Honchcrow: I was hoping it would be a big member of my team, but I couldn't use it very much due to how glassy it is.  

Mandibuzz: So meh 

• 2 weeks later...

nice! I'm planning on doing a grass monotype run myself once e19 comes out.

I think what's beautiful about reborn monotype runs is how they feel more like you're leading the type itself to victory rather than using one set team with an addition and subtraction here and there.

what were your strats for pulse swalot and adrienn?

19 hours ago, Mr. SU said:

nice! I'm planning on doing a grass monotype run myself once e19 comes out.

I think what's beautiful about reborn monotype runs is how they feel more like you're leading the type itself to victory rather than using one set team with an addition and subtraction here and there.

what were your strats for pulse swalot and adrienn?

I am not proud to admit Perish Song was used for Swalot. Adrienn was surprisingly easy for me. If I'm remembering correctly, I used Bisharp to take care of Granbull because of EQ then my Poisons took  care of business. A-Muk, Skuntank and Drapion. Umbreon was always useful since it's so tanky and you can outlast even the worst matchups.