Spirit Keta Battle Help - Intense

0ris

I've been struggling with Spirit Keta for a day and a half. No matter what I do, it feels like it isn't enough.

Possibly relating to the fact that his diverse team is two evolutions away from one that you might see on a Champion in a main-series game, I've found myself completely stonewalled and unable to make progress. It's like if Cynthia came down after you beat Gardenia in DPPT, and instead of giving you an egg, demanded you fight her in order to proceed.

I'm willing to get any pokemon available up to that point, and I've found some things do work: Carkol beats Ninetales, and Dedenne does well against Gallade or Lapras. Since the field was removed for V13, pokemon that used to take advantage of the blessed field that used to be there don't work as well anymore.

My starter was Scorbunny with Libero, but it as a Raboot doesn't seem to help with this fight. I'll take any advice or suggestions. I'm desperate, and I just want to beat this so I can go back to enjoying the game again.

Thank you.

It was a hard one, I started with chingling extransensory and reloaded a few times to flinch and kill gabite not letting him set stealth rocks(yawn was also quite helpful) and then nuzzled and electroballed lapras with pachirisu, 2-3 lucky paralyze procs and the battle was won on a 5th attempt. That should be enough if you can handle his most powerful mons.

Victory.

Team and used moves:

Mr. Mime with Icy Wind and Reflect

Ex-Shadow Quagsire with Flame Burst, Water Pulse, Recover

Carkol with Smack Down, Incinerate

Fearow with Pursuit and Aerial Ace (Keta switches a lot! Got some important damage on his Gallade with a little chip from Pursuit)

Dedenne x2 with Charm, Charge, Nuzzle, Parabolic Charge.

All Pokemon except Cheek Pouch Dedenne had Berry Juice, the Dedenne had an Oran Berry. 

I found the best counter for this fight to be a Houndoom, if you can stomach a few soft resets.

Soft reset your gift Houndoor until you get one with an IV combination that gives you hidden power ICE with decent power and the ability Flash Fire.

With this combo it can KO Gabite, completely block Ninetales, force a rest on Lapras before switching out, and revenge kill Ryhorn (on intense).

The only thing to make it even better would be to breed Nasty Plot on it with the gift Pikachu, but I couldn't stomach breeding eggs until I got a good IV combination for hidden power ICE.

Other MVP's are:

- Compound-Eyes Butterfree with Sleep Powder

- Fearow