Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Gym 4 Help Wanted

NairK2

Question

I am really struggling with gym 4. I spent multiple hours training fire and flying types, only to get wiped by an anorith with rock slide that is somehow faster than my higher level and speed pokemon. Then I spent too much time on getting a golem and a garbodor, only for my garbodor to get confused and contribute literally nothing and my golem getting wiped by a water move. 

I really need some pokemon for this gym, I heard pineco could work but I neither have a pokemon with headbutt nor the knowledge of where those trees are, so a suggestion for both would be nice. 

Please for the love of God help me before I lose my mind. 

1 answer to this question

For headbutt, Bidoof/Bibarel gets it pretty early; you can catch them outside the grand hall during the day.  There's also a headbuttable tree in the same spot.

Anorith is outspeeding you because it has swift swim, which doubles speed in the rain.  If you can stop the rain going up, the fight gets a lot easier and the fire/flying types you mentioned have a good chance to sweep her.

The usual strategy for beating Shelly is to lead a pokemon with fake out (Meowstic's a pretty good pick, if you got it in Obsidia), and fake out + attack into her Illumise so she can't get rain up.  Otherwise, if you have anything that can set weather, you can try overwriting the rain, or you can try to find a swift swim user of your own (I think both Finneon and goldeen are available, and evolve before the level cap), and exploit the rain that way.