Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

On the hunt again... Possible Rain team candidates

1nV1ktus

Question

Hello All,

Well as the title suggests I have another project in mind. This time I want to make a possible rain team and would like to bounce some ideas off of everyone. I have three pokes in mind that are definitely on the roster and as for the other three well, suggestions are welcome :) . Anyway this is what I have in mind.

Jolteon/GXR1000

Thunder

Thunder Wave

Quick Attack/Wish

Shadow Ball

Swampert/Mazaradi

Earthquake

Waterfall

Stealth Rocks (Have to do more research on if this is possible)

Rain dance

Toxicroak/Lambo

Sucker Punch/Foul Play* (Kecleon can learn this, but I'm not entirely sure it is possible)

Drain Punch

Swords Dance

Substitute (Chain bred from Kecleon)

Anyway there are the definite on the team. If Drizzletoad is released it'll be added as well, and again all suggestions are welcome (and auto based nicknames are a must). Thanks again!

Stay Classy Reborn,

1nV1ktus

Edited by 1nV1ktus

20 answers to this question

Sucker Punch is generally a better option on Toxicroak anyway, so don't waste too much time in trying to chain breed a Foul Play...

As for Swampert: why are you assuming that you will be able to give it Waterfall? Iirc the HM is not out yet... Or do you know some method via breeding?

Hydration Vaporeon, not sure if Rest is possible to breed for Eevee (at least it is TM that almost any poke can learn), I personally went all the way for wish/toxic/protect. Also I can't wait to see how this rain dish/damp rock/rain dance/aqua ring Blastoise I bred plays out in-game after ep 9.

E: For poster above, alone Waterfall is relatively easy to (chain)breed for any water pokemon, Seaking learns it naturally that's starter point. :-)

Edited by Chrattac

@Elliot Ya I don't think foul play is breedable with the number of choices we have ingame. Also the breeding chain for waterfall is Seaking -> Remoraid -> Mudkip, but I'm think of adding a poliwhirl after remoraid to get body slam too.

@Hukuna I was thinking of 3 punch Toxicroak but i don't think it's possible to breed ice punch without a Hitomchan unfortunately.

@ Gaunt Sharpedo sounds good too, and getting protect on that thing would be interesting extension on my mudkip line (mudkip -> remoraid -> sharpedo). Also I have a Gyarados in my main line up, it has Moxie too but I think moxie is bugged though :( .

@Chrattac A hydration Vapereon sounds awesome and I think you can chain breed rest from snorlax if you go snorlax -> nidoran -> eevee, but I have to test that.

Anyway thanks everyone, keep the suggestions coming and also nicknames too (automobiles are preferred but you have aything catchy for a particular poke I'd love to hear it).

Anyway thanks everyone, keep the suggestions coming and also nicknames too (automobiles are preferred but you have aything catchy for a particular poke I'd love to hear it).

My Leafeon's nickname - Huayra. As in Pagani Huayra ;)

I second Hydration Vaporeon.

Nice surprised it wasn't jolteon though, and hydration Vaporeon sounds really tempting if i can manage getting toxic on it too. Now that i think about it rest, toxic, protect, muddy water/scald (when its available) would be too op in the rain.

For Jolteon, you might be better off with trying to get Wish on it instead of Quick Attack. Jolteon's attack is very low as is and with Quick Attack only have 40 base power, Jolteon will not do anything with it.

Very true, i think a coverage move would be nice but options are limited. I may end up considering other options like eelektross :) .

Edited by 1nV1ktus

If it was me, I'd abuse the crap out of Swift Swim, lol.

I want to, but I've near bashed my skull in on how to get rockslide and waterfall onto kabuto (btws doesn't learn swords dance :\ ). The best i can do is either Hone claws from skorupi or waterfall from mudkip. I think this chain is gonna take a lot of work, but potentially gamebreaking if accomplished

So I think I'll have to eat my words. After much more head bashing I found the missing link so to speak, and its tirtouga... So until gen 5 fossils make it in (Ame-sensei PLEASE!), I can't really abuse that particular poke. Anyway thanks again all, I think I'm pretty much set on this front but if you have anymore ideas feel free to bounce them off me.

Stay Classy Reborn,

1nV1ktus

I just realized you can actually breed Ice Beam via Remoraid to several water pokes, guess I have to run another egg trip for another sp.def. Blastoise. Well at least something to do while waiting for X&Y and Ep.10 good I have gathered a lot of spare rare candies to avoid manual leveling. :-E

Awkward... Lulz so this pick up army thing, do I actaully have to level them all or do all the items drop regardless of level?

Different levels drop different items. Lv 41-60 is the optimal if you want the Lucky Egg, but if you're going for high-end items (Rare Candies, Revives, etc) then Lv 71-100 would be best (you can get there using Rare Candies).