Custom Trainer Sprite

Lillietea

So I've decided to try out this whole spriting thing, needed a lot of references though (oh and after this you can say that I.... stole Taka's pants pffft)
Maybe I'll do all the sprites needed in the game (as in the vs sprite, walking, fishing, etc.) later, if I'm not lazy like usual
Anyways, your thoughts? That's my first time drawing a new (if you can actually call it "new" after all the references I've used haha) sprite, rather than re-coloring an old one

trainer001.png

• Like 2

The sprite looks really well done overall, but I would make some changes. The right ear is a bit too big, so it makes the face look more bigger than it should look like. You could maybe try to cover it with some hair? The right eye and eyebrow are also messing with the perspective, because of their size and placement, specially the eyebrow.

As a side note, I really like how you made the blouse and the pose, though a bit more shading on the pants would make it look even better. Keep it up! It's definitely a great starting point

• Thanks 1

On 6/21/2021 at 6:42 AM, Gastronely said:

The sprite looks really well done overall, but I would make some changes. The right ear is a bit too big, so it makes the face look more bigger than it should look like. You could maybe try to cover it with some hair? The right eye and eyebrow are also messing with the perspective, because of their size and placement, specially the eyebrow.

As a side note, I really like how you made the blouse and the pose, though a bit more shading on the pants would make it look even better. Keep it up! It's definitely a great starting point

Here, tried to fix what you have pointed out

trainer001.png

• Like 1

Great! It looks much better now. The only thing I would change is moving the right eye and eyebrow at least one or two more pixels to the left, and using a dark shade of brown for the eyebrow (obviously darker than the one in the hair) instead of black

• Thanks 1