Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys~ (Peaked 8)

Diana

The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary.

It's time to do it now, and do it loud.

Killjoys, make some noise.

Hi! Lately I've been making weather teams in an attempt to top the ladder, and there's one that stuck out at me, that's been working pretty well lately, which I've named Danger Days, after an album by My Chemical Romance.. It's OU, rain, and features one of my favorite pokemon ever. Let's get started, shall we?~

~At a Glance~

186.gif160.gif243.gif149.gif212.gif479-wash.gif

~Teambuilding Process~

--This was a rain team. Obviously, I needed the only permanent rain summoner that wasn't banned to Ubers.

186.gif

--Next, I added in the focus of my team; Dragon Dance Gatr.

186.gif160.gif

--After that, what's a team with no Swift Swim abuse on Reborn? Ludicolo was boring, and Kingdra was no fun. At first I had Floatzel, but eventually I moved on to something bigger and better; Kabutops.

186.gif160.gif141.gif

--Now the team was starting to get pretty physical-heavy, and neither of them could take on Skarmory without Skarmory being pre-damaged. I needed a Thunder abuser, and Gengar, Jolteon and Zapdos weren't getting it done how I liked. Enter the big, the bad, Dragonite.

186.gif160.gif141.gif149.gif

--Finally, I decided on something that could take other electric attacks that threatened the rest of my team, Rotom-W; and what better to complete him than the infamous Scizor?

186.gif160.gif141.gif149.gif212.gif479-wash.gif

Now, by this point, I needed a second electrical resist as well as something that could sort of work if I lost the weather war; enter Raikou, becoming Jet Star II.

186.gif160.gif243.gif149.gif212.gif479-wash.gif

The Girl (Politoed) @Leftovers

252 HP, 4 Def., 252 Sp. Def

Trait: Drizzle

Calm Nature (+Sp. Def, -Atk)

-Scald

-Toxic

-Perish Song

-Protect

The Girl has three roles to play; Summon Rain, spread toxic on things giving me trouble, and then Perish Song setup sweepers or the last pokemon on the opponent's side, and she does it well; she's specially bulky because of the burn chance Scald provides, and it can allow her to take any unboosted Thunderbolt in the tier.

-Party Poison (Feraligatr) @Life Orb

4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Speed

Trait: Sheer Force

Jolly Nature (+Speed, -Sp. Atk)

-Dragon Dance

-Waterfall

-Ice Punch

-Crunch

This is my all time favorite rain sweeper; he's torn apart stall combos, wrecked dragons, and does it all with only avoiding a few things in the game; Bulky Water Types, and Ferrothorn. Dragon Dance boosts his Attack and Speed to seemingly average levels; 463 and 420, respectively. Why is it so terrifying? Only one unboosted pokemon in the tier can outspeed, and that pokemon can normally do nothing back. Waterfall, Ice Punch and Crunch are all boosted by both Life Orb and Sheer Force; Waterfall is the main STAB, Ice Punch can OHKO even Bulky Dragonite through Multiscale, along with decimating grass types that can take Waterfalls and laugh back at me. Crunch deals with Jellicent, Starmie, and Lati@s, among other things.

Jet Star (Raikou) @Air Balloon

4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed

Trait: Pressure

Rash Nature (+Sp. Atk, -Sp. Def)

-Calm Mind

-Thunderbolt

-Aura Sphere

-Weather Ball

Originally, this slot had been filled with Kabutops, who over time, had generally had his job done to a much better extent by Party Poison; and seeing as Electric Attacks were a large issue, I needed another resist. Enter Raikou; he not only can work in the sun, firing off his huge Weather Balls, but also can be used against Ferrothorn and the bulky water types that give me trouble. Calm Mind boosts his Sp. Atk to obscene levels, Thunderbolt over Thunder to not rely on Thunder's dependence on Rain to consistently hit, and Weather Ball to take care of things like Venusaur in the sun, or Ground types in the rain that just love to come in and ruin his fun.

Kobra Kid (Dragonite) @Leftovers

4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed

Trait: Multiscale

Modest Nature (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)

-Thunder

-Hurricane

-Ice Beam

-Roost

Say hello to one thing that's very, very unexpected. Kobra Kid here is special in another way than being the bulkiest dragon out there; it's the only pokemon with access to both Hurricane and Thunder, and with his usable 100 Sp. Atk stat, it can make damn good use of them. Thunder is there to hit other Dragons, like catching a surprise Garchomp or Salamence off guard as they try to set up; Roost is for healing off damage taken over time. Ice Beam is also sometimes replaced with Thunder Wave if I feel Kingdra and Ludicolo become too big of issues.

Fun Ghoul (Rotom-W) @Leftovers

4 Def., 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed

Trait: Levitate

Calm Nature (+Sp. Def, -Atk)

-Volt Switch

-Hydro Miss

-Will-O-Shit

-Pain Split

This is one half of the Volt-Turn combo, and also the thing that stops physical attackers dead in their tracks. Hydro Pump is a huge move coming off of 309 Sp. Atk, STAB, and Rain. Pain Split can take a predicted hit and turn it into a sash breaker/recovery method. It's pretty bulky even without the HP investment usually seen in other Rotom, and it's done its job well.

Dr. Death (Scizor) @Choice Band

240 HP, 252 Atk, 16 Sp. Def

Trait: Technician

Adamant Nature (+ Atk, -Sp. Atk)

-Bullet Punch

-U-Turn

-Superpower

-Pursuit

This is the other half of the Volt-Turn combo, and my steel type switch in to the powerful Outrages that fly around OU. It's a fairly standard set, Choice Band. Bullet Punch bypasses speed issues, and is powered up by Technician. U-Turn is there to maintain momentum and cause huge damage to Bullet Punch's main resister pokemon, bulky Water types like Suicune or Rotom-W. Superpower wrecks Tyranitar and Heatran's respective faces, and Pursuit catches the fucking Chandelure that float around, as well as Latios that are choiced into Draco Meteor, and Reuniclus that switch out predicting U-Turn.

-------------------

~Main Threats~

--Kingdra; Can be averted by smart plays.

--Crocune; Can be avoided by Perish Song.

--Ludicolo; Can be avoided by Rotom-W.

--Excadrill; Will-O-Shit to the rescue, smart plays.

--Venusaur; Gatr pls.

--Skarm/Chansey; Gatr can wreck both after +2.

--Ferrothorn/Jellicent; Hardest combo to get around, must be smart and play well switching between Party Poison and Dr. Death.

-------------------

That's it!~ No exportable at the moment because my computer is acting weird. This team has peaked 19 on the OU ladder, and will likely rise a fraction more before I drop it. Thanks for reading~

EDIT: Kabutops replaced with Raikou.

Electric attacks will ruin this team. Specifically Rotom-W. also, since your sweeping forces are predominantly physical (Kabutops, Feraligatr, Scizor). Thankfully, rai has a ton of options to mitigate that, like Kingdra (I will hate you if you choose that Pokemon), Ludicolo, Jolteon, Thundurus, all those do very well. They'll soak up the brunt of Electric attacks as you have your other things covered off. It's important to think of absolutely every possible option that he opponent could use; that unassuming Raikou or Rotom-C could spell the end of you.