No don't do it! Don't... Damn, you did it...

Tomas Elliot

I hate me so much right now.

Because I know, I have known since the moment a guy on DNF talked me about Pokemon Reborn (the game), I know this is not going to end well. I know I am going to grow addicted, then to grow tired, then to just fade away. I always do just that.

I know that joining this community is going to take away precious time from my studies at university, I know it is going to distract me from the fanfiction I am writing, I know it is going to be another of those places I join out of enthusiasm, only to leave unnoticed a few days later, without having managed to really become part of the community, to feel its spirit, its very heart. Then why the hell do I continue repeating this error? Why do I keep joinin places like this?

Well, it probably has to do with the fact that I am a hopelessly sentimental son of a gun. You see, the fact is... Well, I could put it in many ways, but the fact is that I am the person formerly known as Tears of tomorrow (still known as that on DNF). Maybe, if some of you ever happened to hang around Pokemon Online and its official forum, you'd remember me.

I am the guy who launched the project for our own fangame. We were a solid group, we had tons of ideas, a group on the forum, a server on PO, we created our own forum... And then it died out. We just didn't make it, there wasn't a real reason. One day we woke up and we realized we had failed. And the community just didn't feel the same afterwards, that was the beginning of the downward spiral that ultimately led me to abandon PO forever.

And the fact is... The fact is that I recently downloaded the game after a guy on DNF told me about it, and it is awesome, and then I decided to come to this forum looking for some advice on a couple of matters involving my adventure in it, and there was this topic about how to become an Ace Member, and there was this guy who explained in detail how this place was born, and he said something about 20 people being close friends and carrying over this project for years... And well, it nearly moved me to tears. Because I look at this place and I see my dream made true at the hands of somebody else, I look at Ame and I see what I could have been, what I failed to become.

I play the game and I think I could be the one to have created such an awesome piece of electronic art.

I finally register to this forum, having decided to ask a lot of questions on how to continue my adventure, and I think I could be the one who answers those questions.

Seeing this place made me sad. Maybe joining it will make me feel better, and allow me to finally be part of the community I have always dreamt to create myself.

Or maybe not, I will win anyway tho, because sadness is a potent emotion and, who knows? Maybe it will help me write my fanfiction after all.

Or maybe now... Or maybe now I will stop talking and give you the fight you came for (quote).

I am Tomas Elliot, aside from what you read I am just a guy, I am happy to be here. Let the welcome party begin.

Hmmm. Sound familiar. Maybe you'll find your wing in here Elliot. I've left my old communities like you in the past before but every venture is another journey. It hurts to leave, but it also leaves you more happier to see your old friends again. Maybe you'll find something that will appease to everyone in the future as well.

Names Brandon but everyone calls me Cow. Welcome to Reborn and enjoy your stay~

I can't say I've been through the same thing but I too have been through online communities, fan fiction/game developing teams, and even one or two similar to the gym leader system here at reborn were I was a master of fire. I've even followed the path of darkness only to wind back here again to be reborn in a new light. Currently I'm a competitive pokemon video game player and looking to finish what I started here at reborn.

The name as you can see is the Eternal Jinn but you can call me Dark or Aries

ELLIOT

IT'S A SIGN FROM THE GODS

DO NOT CATCH A GOTHITA.

This made my day (well, night)... Because yes, I have enjoyed the type test even before joining this community. I have done it twice and obtained the same result: Water/Steel.

And yes, I was a bit mad about the fact that the idiotic trainer (incidentally, all my answers to the questions related to him were among the lines of "Elliot is an idiot") shared his surname with me... Talk about the coincidence!

And thanks everyone for the warm welcome, I hope this can truly be a new beginning... :)

Edited by Tomas Elliot

• Administrators

Whoops. Sorry about the test, haha. Maybe I should change it to a less common name...

In regards to your past, I would urge you to not abandon those goals if they're still important to you. I can't pretend to know your age or experience with these things, but based on the way you phrased it, I assume that these were probably your first, or close-to-first projects.

In contrast, I've been designing games since I was eleven, and running internet communities since I was twelve. As you might imagine, none of those past projects really went... anywhere. But that's to be expected, and that's okay. It's easy to underestimate the amount of failures behind people who have found success- because naturally, you won't see those.

I say this remembering back to when I was a teenager. As I was involved in the game development community I recall there being one developer in particular who was famously revered among the RPG Maker community for his immensely popular project. The amount of hype when he released his final episodes... Well, it was an event, to be sure. I very much looked up to that person, but felt that my likelihood of my ever coming anywhere his level was nigh impossible. Looking back at that game... Compared to the numbers I currently see on my own... it would appear that I have surpassed him. That's hard for me to believe even now, but the point is-

Keep trying. Allow yourself to fail, and don't let that deter you. You may end up surprising yourself.