P4U: Persona 4 Arena Ultimax

Godot

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax: Ultimate Ultra Suplex Hold!

Ya... that is legitimatly the full name of the Japanese version of the game...

We got a trailer and oh ya...

**HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER**

The new character's name is Sho Minazuki...

My question is... WHO THE FUCK IS HE?

OC? P5 Protag? Kdsknddlflls

for those who finished the story he might be the main villian

Story-wise this game takes place a few Days after P4A

Check out those new stages and new original moves on the characters!

Edit: Watches Trailer again... OH! Those are P3 stages

(Sees Tartarus)

Dllaldllsdlnlndld

• Administrators

I saw Yukari and Junpei and although I didn't play the first one I kind of wanted to in very small part because labrys is actually kind of cute when i don't imagine her as an axe murderer so now I have a more of a reason to I guess

I'm also terrible at fighting games but where better to fix that than with Persona!!!

I'm so hyped. I'm gonna throw some extra info around and examine some other stuffs! I'm boxing any large images.

"Shadow type is a new system added to P4U2! When selecting your character, selecting a character’s Shadow Type will allow you to enjoy a different style of play! Shadow types easily build up the SP Gauge when attacking! In exchange however they lose certain abilities like Bursts and Awakening, making them high-risk, high-return. After certain conditions are fulfilled they can use “Shadow Fury”. While in Shadow Fury you can freely use SP Skills! The technique has a time limit, so learn when to use it! With a few exceptions, all characters have a Shadow type. Sticking with the normal characters, or going with the Shadow type twist is up to you. With the addition of a new type, enjoy the even deeper battles of P4U2!"

I'd imagine the exceptions are (get this) Labrys and Shadow Labrys.

persona4-theultimax-ultrasuplexhold-anno

Naoto's face looks disgusted/sickened, doesn't it? It's like she's about to insult you by calling you worthless before shooting you. Perhaps this is a sign of new Shadow personalities?

This stage sure does look familiar, doesn't it? Yep! That seems to be a similar stage to the previous one in Persona 4 Arena. However, it has the Dark Hour feel to it. I'll be a bit disappointed if all stages are Tartarus-styled only, but I guess I'll manage.. anywho, take a look at the windows. TV static. Perhaps back to the TV world?

GO GO POWER RANGERS. But on a serious note, this stage looks the same except for it being dark (which I'd imagine is because the match ended).

More TV static business, but there's more. First off, this area is based on Tartarus. So perhaps there's a full-blown Tartarus (or mini-tartarus)? Gotta say though, it makes the HUD look a lot better. I'm not so much of a fan of the red/cyan color scheme they've got going on. And last and definitely not least, we have a little meter at the bottom for Junpei. Strikes, Balls, Outs, and I'd imagine runs. ...What in Junpei's mind made it a good idea to limit himself to baseball rules?

A lava room!? That's quite interesting. Anywho, here confirms that Aigis has her old meters, as does Labrys. There's also a Skill meter, which is apparently called S Hold:

A new system added to P4U2. When holding a button, a special gauge appears. By simply releasing the button, depending on the amount of the meter built, you can unleash a variety of skills. The longer you hold the button, the more powerful the skills activated.

And some story:

It’s several days after the fighting tournament, the do-or-die battle involving the Investigation Team and the Shadow Operatives. The two groups investigate who is the mastermind behind it all. Suddenly, at Yasoinaba, the Mayonaka TV again goes live!

“All-out war, outbreaks-kuma!”

The supreme ruler Teddie appears again with a boisterous announcement. The footage is an announcement of the the fighting tournament P-1 CLIMAX, now with 200% more absurdity! Along with the announcement, the surroundings of Yasoinaba completely change. Space-time warps, people vanish, and the sudden appearance of a red fog has transformed the streets of Inaba into something bizarre. Yasoinaba has become just like the alternate dimension inside the TV. What’s more, the Investigation Team finds Mitsuru and the others crucified on Mayonaka TV!

The Investigation Team sets out to solve the situation. In order to save Mitsuru and the others, the Shadow Operative rescue unit is also urgently dispatched!

Standing in their way is the Shadow army! Just who are the masterminds behind this, and what are their goals…!?

Edited by Tyli

As someone who tries to play the game with a competitive mindset, I'm going to saw this.

SO. MUCH. POTENTIAL.

I swear Yukari looks like she'll be like green arrow in play style, only in Guilty Gear style. And Junpei looks solid, though I'd prefer him to use broadswords instead of bats. And hopefully they'll balance Mitsuru a bit and possibly improve characters like Kanji and Yukiko.

Also, red fog? and a new character with red hair? Plot.

I think I'll sub Stupei... I mean Junpei!

As for competive potential... idk, he seems to have good combos I can see him juggling people around with wallbounces and ground bounces...

And Takeba scares the fuck out of me