Question about breeding and Ditto IVs

Hannelore

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, so I apologise if it needs to be moved.

I'm playing the latest version of Reborn and have been soft-resetting for a ditto to get decent IVs. There's one which looks pretty decent but I'm not sure if I understand how IVs are passed down enough to make the decision to keep it.

image.png.d6e7763d3ed743a3df65b70b29e7526a.png

What is the max amount of IVs an egg can get from a single parent? I know destiny knot makes it more but I'm still confused as to how many it takes and whether it's only from the parent holding the item because I've read some conflicting things.

It passes down 5 of the combined 12 IVs from both parents, no matter which one holds the Destiny Knot. You'll probably want to use Power items to pass down specific stats, so you, for example, could give Ditto a Power Lens to pass down it's special attack, while the other parent holds the Destiny Knot to (potentially) pass down Ditto's IVs.

Also, that's an amazing ditto, damn

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Gastronely said:

It passes down 5 of the combined 12 IVs from both parents, no matter which one holds the Destiny Knot. You'll probably want to use Power items to pass down specific stats, so you, for example, could give Ditto a Power Lens to pass down it's special attack, while the other parent holds the Destiny Knot to (potentially) pass down Ditto's IVs.

Also, that's an amazing ditto, damn

So 5 random IVs get passed down as long as one holds the destiny knot? Like say it might pull 3 from Ditto and 2 from the other parent, with the only guarantee bs being one guaranteed IV from a power item?

Ooh, I wasn't sure if I was being overly ambitious with my resetting; I actually got this one last night, kept a save file of it, and reverted back and have been resetting still. So far I've gone through 17 shinies with nothing better than this one so I guess I should just keep it, thank you :D

• Like 1