Zor0ark vs Dusknoir which is a better choice?

PokeGamer123

Hello I have a zorua and a duskull on my team, I am going to use them to beat shade however after that I am going to keep on one of them because of team balancing and stuff so I would like to know which one will be better in the long run? I am very confused because dusknoir/duskclops with trick room will be very very useful however zoroark being a dark type will be a huge help but it has a limited attack moveset as compared to dusknoir (not counting the tms but  the move relearner is counted). Also I am new to the forums so please let me know if I am putting the question in the wrong type of forum....

Definitely Zoroark. Although Dusknoir may seem appealing due to it's higher defenses, it has a horrible offensive typing, since it's a Ghost type without a good physical STAB, and only a mediocre base 100 attack. Trick Room may be useful, but there's a lot better Trick Room users in the game, like Carbink, for example. Most of the time you'll be missing some KO's with Dusknoir. On the other hand, Zoroark has a great offensive movepool on the physical and the special side, has an option to boost itself via Nasty Plot, and it has Illusion to fool the AI. Also, it evolves earlier than Dusknoir, which needs a Link Stone and a Reaper Cloth, which is gotten around the 14th gym, I think.

TL;DR: Zoroark>Dusknoir. Better offensive stats and movepool

• Like 1

well the truth is that I have a greninja alrady in my time who can later learn night slash and dark pulse so I was just very confused as to what will be the optimal team for pokemon reborn but your answer has really helped and I guess I would go with zoroark , thank you 🙂

3 hours ago, PokeGamer123 said:

well the truth is that I have a greninja alrady in my time who can later learn night slash and dark pulse so I was just very confused as to what will be the optimal team for pokemon reborn but your answer has really helped and I guess I would go with zoroark , thank you 🙂

There's really no 'best' or 'optimal' team for this game.  Excluding some Pokemon that pubstomp the game save one or two gyms (like Blaziken or Magnezone), your best team is going to be one that gives you the easiest time against the next upcoming fight.  As for your options, Zoroark is the better of the two due to how long it takes to get a Reaper Cloth, along with Dusclops's pitiful offensive stats.  If you're looking for an offensive bulky ghost, Pumpkaboo can be found in the Beryl Cemetery by interacting with one of the pumpkins at night when you have a Soul Candle (Beryl Library) in your bag.  Gourgeist has very similar bulk to Dusknoir, the same attack stat, gives up th elemental punches for Grass STAB, along with great support moves like Leech Seed and Trick-or-Treat.  Just make sure it's super-sized.

Alternatively, if you can wait till a place called 7th Street, a Litwick is catchable there after you finish the story events there.