Time to ascend with a formal introduction!

Blinci

Hello there!

"Formal" introductions I guess... Greetings all! I am the creator of The Backbone of Interpol and simply known as Backbone!

So, who are you?

I come in peace from Canada, a first year uni student hoping to make a fine addition to community. I cannot stress out how shocking it was for me to discover about a year ago that full on custom fangames even existed, especially that of Rejuvenation's and Reborn's calibre nor are getting the proper attention it deserves! Everything from field effects, crests, 18 gyms, more intense difficulty and a focus on a largely coherent story.

That's probably not even half of it but I believe you understand by now where I am coming from...

Hoping to pursue a technology related university degree and likely some tech firm job, interests are pretty broad: programming languages like C++/java, PC Building, UI, 2D/3D digital art and design.

Outside of that and Athletics such as Hockey, retro games and lots of banter are some of my pastimes. Sucker for Marvel/Star Wars with a tinge of Pacific Rim1 on the side and more.

Anything you're responsible for?

Only thing (yet) would be the story of a character I am hoping to potentially build a comic around: The "Backbone" of the International Police or simply referred to by the codename of Backbone.

It would in theory elaborate on something mostly shrouded in mystery in Pokemon: The International Police, famous members being Looker, Anabel and (former) Nanu. To flesh out the organization, to give more feasibility to why "kids" have saved a few regions or sometimes the whole world with there being only 1-2 agents seen on the case (i.e. Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola and even Kanto).

In short, infighting inside Interpol (International Police) broke out due to lackluster action taken to deal with the evil Team's, Cult's and other criminal organization, this would mark a separation between the more traditional and militant members of Interpol.

These more militaristic members would form the Backbones, think of vigilantes similar to that of "The Masked Children" from the Pokemon manga but "usually" recruited through more humane means like adoption as they still had a moral code, though was in a way flawed. 

"The Backbone" would be the 15th recruit and sole survivor after a deliberate cave in, who would reluctantly having little means to rebuild what was lost, would work for the International Police out of necessity.

The International Police is known to be more of a agent-like force with the likes of Looker and Anabel, though the proposal was with no international military and crisis left and right would be that (many years later), "The Backbone" would be tasked with finding a solution to the more "international-scale" threats, such as Cyrus of Team Galactic and way later on threats similar to Lin/MadameX and their teams Meteor/Xen. This would be done through assembling the Army of Bone, a mobile legion worth of armed agents would basically swarm team installations one at a time.

If you had to choose one of your posts as your way to introduce yourself, which would it be?

Nothing yet, I hope to update this soon with one. 🙂

What can I talk to you about? 

Very open to generally anything, be it your interests or recent news or your questions if I believe I could be of assistance. 

Closing Statements?

You survived reading this? Big respect! Aside from that, I hope to help grow this community and hopefully be here to see the day it gets the semblance of recognition it deserves! These fangames are phenomenal and this passionate and kind community is equally so! I hope you are staying happy, healthy and safe in these trying times! Thank you for your time, Backbone out!

- Backbone

Edited by Backbone
Edit #1: Grammar
  • Like 2