Max XP Pokemon do not gain EV

The1Kobra

I have noticed when attempting EV training on my mons, that if they are already at the badge XP cap, that they do not gain any EVs after winning a battle either nor do they gain any XP. I assume that not gaining XP is intentional, however I suspect that not getting EVs is not. Training EVs thus requires using a reverse candy so they can gain XP normally again. 

Tested this on both game.exe and game-z.exe.  

So let me just give you some context here. I'm assuming this uses the same code structure that I'm familiar with. So this issue was brought up roughly 2 and a half years ago and...I kind of completely forgot about it because there was a godawful coding fix which fixed this. Which is likely why it's never been fixed for any other game using it. But for context, base essentials only allows EV gains under 2 conditions: if a pokemon is max level (usually 100) or it gains 1 or more exp points. The problem there is that a level cap is neither of those...causing this problem. It's pretty much goes unnoticed...unless you're EV grinding.

Just letting you anyone reading this you probably aren't crazy and this is just a little bug with the system.