Sylveon's Leader Interview - Violet!

Helloooo Rebornians!

Today we are starting out the much awaited for Leader Interviews!
At least I have been crazy to hear what the people behind the badges have to say!
For our first program ever we have Violet, current Grass-Type Gym Leader of the Reborn Devolved League, and her Ace Pokémon Cherrim!
Spoiler

sound on people 😉

SassySylveon.png.fcae8f305fe42a9afb6be89e5692b9bb.png
Sylveon: Welcome you both, it´s awesome to have you here tonight ~

Violet-3.png.b328c79abc789deea0d96d121e49fb2a.png
Violet: It's uh- Good to be here thanks

Sylveon: Sooo to start out, tell me a bit about you; where are you from, and how exactly did you end up joining the ranks of Reborn Gym Leaders?

Violet: Well uh my name is Violet. I'm from a small town called Fiddleton up a little north from here. To make a long story short I came here because I had nowhere else to go. After my father passed... Staying there felt like a bit much...
 I got here really young some would say. Being 16 doesn't exactly give you much in terms of opportunities.
I wandered into Lapis on accident and made the mistake of going into Lapis Orphanage looking for a job and resided there by force for a little while.
 After getting a job at the Sweet Scent Flower Shop I would often watch people battle from the windows for fun. Cherrim and I would always go out and watch on break but, one day, I thought maybe they would let us join in on the fun. We asked to battle and to our surprise they let us battle in the Flower Garden in the middle of Lapis that we built for advertisement.
 Cherrim and I 6:0d every trainer outside that day, which managed to grab some people's attention and we ended up practicing for long time until we earned our position.
The rest is an unfinished book I guess.

Sylveon: Wow, that´s a very intense story. I´m sorry for your father, Violet.

Violet: Thanks. I appreciate that.

Sylveon: Still it takes a formidable strenght to be able to move and work things out by yourself in a new city - let alone one as convoluted as Reborn. And then beating the competition into becoming a Gym Leader... I´m sure he is very proud of you!

Violet: I'd hope so... Maybe he's smiling down. Some days I swear I can feel it...

Sylveon: I'm just a Sylveon anyway, but I'm sure that is the case! Also, I'm betting Cherrim had a hand - or, petal? - in helping you through such a difficult time of your life right? How did the two of you meet?

Violet: On my 9th birthday, my father was working in the garden and he came across this little Cherubi as he was picking. He told me Cherubi startled him when he tried to snack on her hehe. He also told me Cherubi didn't seem too upset about it and followed him around the entire day until he came home.
 I remember I was sitting at the table coloring a picture of a beautiful Lilligant when he walked through the front door holding Cherubi behind his back. He pulled the little sucker to the front and screamed HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I lost it. I was jumping up and down yelling and celebrating with him and that little Cherubi it smiled so bright. I'll never forget that day... I played with her everyday until she evolved when I was 11. We didn't have much but we had each other.

Sylveon: Oooow that's so sweet! No wonder you are such great partners!
 If you could choose one adventure you both had to share with us, what would it be?

Violet: I wish I could have been here to help you guys stop Lin that would have been fun. Even though she was horrifying... I've heard the stories- But uh sorry got sidetracked. It would be cool to stop an evil organization together or maybe even just experiencing what life has to offer being a Gym Leader. The freedom is pretty wide turning 18 pretty recently and all.

Sylveon: Hehe you're in for a whole new world of fun! Also a world of bills to pay, but I know you can handle those no problem.
Now about your job in the League, how is your relationship with the other leaders? Anyone you´re specially close to?

Violet: I wanted to keep my distance until I had gotten my footing from saving up with wins from my Gym inside the orphanage. After I bought my house I scraped up the courage to talk around a bit. I got to meet a bunch of great people like Rollins, Trent, and Edward! Too bad shortly after meeting Edward he dissapeared... Other than Trent and Edward I don't know the others leaders too well. I have met a couple of them though like Miss Beatrice she seemed really nice.

Sylveon: Ah, I was expecting to get some League gossip... Well too bad~

Violet: I prefer not to gossip and rather to handle disputes face to face hehe.

Sylveon: You make a very fair point! Now onto the more technical stuff:what can our challengers expect when facing you, in terms of favourite fields and playstyle?

Violet: My favorite field is Flower Garden but sometimes I like to let my pokemon go for a swim so to speak. I'm more of a balance type of player but I prefer offense. If I must play defense then so be it.

Sylveon: Ooh flexible playstyles are often the hardest to beat!

Violet: I guess I have my work cut out for me then hehe.

Sylveon: Poor challengers, sounds like they're in for some hard battles ~
 Now if you're ok with it we'll answer some of our viewers questions that are coming by Pokégear!

Violet: That sounds cool let em' in!

Sylveon:  Our viewer Citrine asks:
What inspired your love of Grass-Types?

Violet: I get really anxious often and it's always been able to calm me down I can't explain why. Ever since I was a little girl whenever I would get too anxious and upset my father would tell me to look to the trees and I would be ok. Overtime as I caught myself looking at them for comfort I started to see the beauty in them and Grass type Pokemon in general. I guess my father thought Cherubi could help me too.
 I don't remember much about my mother but she died when I was very, very young. She used to have a Shiny Whimsicott named "Harlequin". After my mom died my father took care of him and he worked with my father in return. We would all play together on off days and life was finally bright for my father for little while. It was good to see him smile.
 Before he passed in the hospital he gave me his Pokeball and said it was my turn to take care of him. In fact he's in my party right now.

Sylveon: Wow, then that preference is really a part of your family's history ! That's beautiful ~
 Citrine also asks what is your favourite colour?

Violet: My favorite color is blue like the rest of the planet it seems. But I did have a friend with really pretty brown eyes so I guess brown is up there too.

Sylveon: Ooooh I'm inclined to ask about that friend now~

Violet: His name was Oliver. He used to live in Fiddleton with me and we would end up doing the stupidest stuff together growing up. I had the biggest crush on him and he knew it but we stayed friends which was ok I guess. He had these beautiful brown eyes shining with life that would paint whatever was going on in his head. Whenever I'd try to figure out what he was thinking he'd do this cute little nose twitch to try and shift my attention away from his eyes because he's terrible at hiding his emotions hehehe.

It was Oliver, Me, Cherrim, and Hariyama against the world.
Until I left of course...
Sometimes I wonder what he's doing when I look over my balcony at the sunsets.

Sylveon: A childhood friends' romance? OwO
 Thaaaaat's what I'm talking about! So you two lost contact? Maybe they'll see this interview and come find you, who knows?

Violet: Maybe...
 Oliver, if you're watching this, I miss you lots and hope you're doing ok.

Sylveon: Yes Oliver, the whole Reborn is cheering for you guys to be reunited now! Don't disappoint your flower princess ~
 Now Violet, just a couple final questions before we wrap things up: What do you believe that is the most importante quality for a trainer?

Violet: Perseverance and Intelligence. If you can manage to never give up and have the skill to overcome whatever is in your path you can do almost anything as a trainer. No matter how many times you get knocked down.

Sylveon: Fantastic! And now to you and Cherrim: Would you like to leave our viewers a message?
What, do you really think a professional reporter like me wouldn't speak Cherrim? Please give me more credit guys!

Violet: Be smart, Be safe, and Be educated people. The world is a scary place and you can have the upper hand if you use your head. The most valuable thing and what makes you happiest in this life are the connections you have others. Don't forget about the people who love you the most cherrish them. You never know if they could be here one second and gone the next. With that I should be done.

Cherrim: Cherriiim!
Sylveon used Echoed Voice!: Thanks for the interview Miss Sylveon! Can I call you Miss Sylveon?

Sylveon: Sure you can dear Cherrim! It's me who should be thanking you both for the lovely interview and I know the audience feels the same way! Good luck in your battles!

And that's it for tonight Reborn! Stay safe and keep an eye for the next exciting news of the Devolved League!

Sassy Sylveon, Over and Out!
sylveowon.png.e0e54152caadee4bbb7204a2c67567a2.png
Edited by Sassy Sylveon
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1