Team Thoughts?

I'm on my third or fourth playthrough and I've just finished the devon battles, but I know some tough ones are coming up. So I was wondering what your thoughts would be on my current team? They're all bred.

Pokemon: Primarina

Level: 76

Moves: Surf, Hyper voice, Perish Song, Moonblast

Nature: Quiet

Ability: Liquid Voice

Item: Sea Incense

Pokemon: Alolan Raichu

Moves: Nuzzle, Nasty plot, Psychic, Thunderbolt

Nature: Hasty

Ability: Surge Surfer

Item: Twisted Spoon

Pokemon: Alolan Sandslash 

Moves: Rock Smash, Icicle Crash, Iron head, Metal Claw 

Nature: Impish

Ability: Slush Rush

Item: Quick Claw

Pokemon: Talonflame

Moves: Fly, Roost, Brave Bird, Flare Blitz

Nature: Naive

Ability: Gale Wings

Item: Sharp Beak

Pokemon: Trevanant 

Moves: Phantom Force, Shadow Claw (replaced by Strength as needed), Leech Seed, Horn Leach

Nature: Brave

Ability: Natural Cure

Item: Big Root

Pokemon: Tyrantrum

Moves: Rockslide, Earthquake, Crunch, Dragon Claw

Nature: Naughty

Ability: Strong Jaw

Item: Hard Stone

I also have a Politoed I swap out when Dive is needed

Pokemon: Politoed 

Level: 70

Moves: Perish Song, Surf, Waterfall, Dive

Nature: Sassy

Ability: Drizzle

Item: Damp Rock

Thanks!

Edited by Broken Elegance
Fixed an ability mistake

First of all, your teams seems really slow, outside of Raichu and Talonflame, you will hit last most of the time. For Ghost types, for example, Trevenant will most likely die before taking a hit, even though it's ghost STAB may seem like a good option to counter those types. I may suggest swapping Trevenant for a Dark type, like Zoroark, Krookodile, or Alolan Muk. Alolan Muk may be slow, but it counters really well the Ghost, Fairy, Grass and Psychic types, thanks to its great bulk and respectable attack stat. Krookodile is just great at what it does, and Zoroark is crazy fast, and it can fool the AI with Illusion, although i think A-Muk is the best choice. Your team seems kinda weak to electric types, even though Tyrantrum has Earthquake. You can go for Krookodile, as i said, but you can also use a Flygon. It has a nice speed and attack stat, alongside Earthquake as a STAB, and Dragon Dance. Another thing you need is some form of Terrain setter, Primarina learns Misty Terrain, but you can also use Sylveon, a favorite of mine in my playtroughs. If you need a Grass type in replacement of Trevenant, try Roserade, since it has access to Technician boosted attacks (like Hidden Power), Toxic Spikes, and Weather Ball if you're using Politoed, and Grassy Terrain. And it wouldn't be a post of mine if i didn't talk about... Whimsicott!!! Tailwind is invaluable in this game, and Whimsicott has Prankster, which means it's status moves ALWAYS go first. Priority Nature Power and Sleep Powder are awesome, and even though it doesn't have a really good special attack, it can nab some KO'es against super effective targets.

Edited by Gastronely

5 minutes ago, Gastronely said:

First of all, your teams seems really slow, outside of Raichu and Talonflame, you will hit last most of the time. For Ghost types, for example, Trevenant will most likely die before taking a hit, even though it's ghost STAB may seem like a good option to counter those types. I may suggest swapping Trevenant for a Dark type, like Zoroark, Krookodile, or Alolan Muk. Alolan Muk may be slow, but it counters really well the Ghost, Fairy, Grass and Psychic types, thanks to its great bulk and respectable attack stat. Krookodile is just great at what it does, and Zoroark is crazy fast, and it can fool the AI with Illusion, although i think A-Muk is the best choice. Your team seems kinda weak to electric types, even though Tyrantrum has Earthquake. You can go for Krookodile, as i said, but you can also use a Flygon. It has a nice speed and attack stat, alongside Earthquake as a STAB, and Dragon Dance. Another thing you need is some form of Terrain setter, Primarina learns Misty Terrain, but you can also use Sylveon, a favorite of mine in my playtroughs. If you need a Grass type in replacement of Trevenant, try Roserade, since it has access to Technician boosted attacks (like Hidden Power), Toxic Spikes, and Weather Ball if you're using Politoed, and Grassy Terrain. And it wouldn't be a post of mine if i didn't talk about... Whimsicott!!! Tailwind is invaluable in this game, and Whimsicott has Prankster, which means it's status moves ALWAYS go first. Priority Nature Power and Sleep Powder are awesome, and even though it doesn't have a really good special attack, it can nab some KO'es against super effective targets.

Oh wow, that's a lot of advice, honestly more than I thought I would get, so thank you!

You're right that I do usually hit last, but I try not to have my types repeat, as that's just a personal pet peeve of mine. So with Whimsicott and Primarina both having fairy typing, that makes me a little unwilling to do it. I do have a Crobat I've fully trained(though it's not equal in level I can just grind it up-) But then I would want a new fire type, so..any suggestions there?

1 hour ago, Broken Elegance said:

I do have a Crobat I've fully trained(though it's not equal in level I can just grind it up-) But then I would want a new fire type, so..any suggestions there?

For fire types a few suggestions you could use are salazzle, darmanitan, houndoom, arcanine and chandelure which are all pretty good.

Also i'm wondering why you have alolan sandslash with slush rush but no snow warning pokemon and also a politoed with no swift swim pokemon

Just now, Bre_a_d said:

For fire types a few suggestions you could use are salazzle, darmanitan, houndoom, arcanine and chandelure which are all pretty good.

Also i'm wondering why you have alolan sandslash with slush rush but no snow warning pokemon and also a politoed with no swift swim pokemon

Slush rush was just the ability my sandslash had, though both of its abilities involve needing hail. I mostly used it because having steel and Ice were both useful. The Politoed I used because Drizzle helped me counter Charlotte's gym. Plus Primarina can't learn Dive for some reason. 

I do have a Chandelure, but again I don't like my types repeating, so I swapped it out when I trained up Talonflame. Then I picked up Trevanent for ghost, as well as grass.