Rate this team, need help

Chokes

I have bronzor, roselia, pidove, pancham,espurr and combusken in my starting. I also have onix, trubbish, igglypuff, blitzle,  purrloin pineco, swirlix in my pc. I'm almost done with obisidia ward, but I'm still not sure who should be in my starting team. I only know the first few gens, so this is kinda new to me.

At night, you can pick up either a joltik or a grubbin in one of the appartment buildings in peridot. In your case I'm hoping it's a joltik. You can also catch poochyena in some alleyways, mightyena with intimidate could come in clutch sometimes. I've also heard people actually use a kricketune set with fury cutter so that might be worth looking into.

Part of what makes reborn fun is experimenting with pokemons you wouldn't normally use. I'm currently at the end of the game and a simple pokemon like Cinccino is really pulling their weight.

I didn't know joltik is a good Pokemon lol. I'm just using Pokemon based on how their evolution looks like. ( I know that's a bad idea but idk most of them lol) who should I replace joltik with tho? After playing this game, I'm like a complete newbie. Thanks for your suggestion tho ❤️

10 hours ago, VividGrey said:

At night, you can pick up either a joltik or a grubbin in one of the appartment buildings in peridot. In your case I'm hoping it's a joltik. You can also catch poochyena in some alleyways, mightyena with intimidate could come in clutch sometimes. I've also heard people actually use a kricketune set with fury cutter so that might be worth looking into.

Part of what makes reborn fun is experimenting with pokemons you wouldn't normally use. I'm currently at the end of the game and a simple pokemon like Cinccino is really pulling their weight.

8 minutes ago, Chokes said:

I didn't know joltik is a good Pokemon lol. I'm just using Pokemon based on how their evolution looks like. ( I know that's a bad idea but idk most of them lol) who should I replace joltik with tho? After playing this game, I'm like a complete newbie. Thanks for your suggestion tho ❤️

Joltik might not pull his weight but I'm sure galvantula will. I wouldn't necessarily replace anyone in your team. Most of reborn players have a team of rotating mons they use for specific battles. Just adjust your team accordingly to the challenge.

1 hour ago, VividGrey said:

Joltik might not pull his weight but I'm sure galvantula will. I wouldn't necessarily replace anyone in your team. Most of reborn players have a team of rotating mons they use for specific battles. Just adjust your team accordingly to the challenge.

I got a grubbin instead of a joltik.... Is there any other way to get a joltik? I heard grubbin is pretty bad. I removed pidove for a spirnarak. Let's see how that turns out

35 minutes ago, Chokes said:

I got a grubbin instead of a joltik.... Is there any other way to get a joltik? I heard grubbin is pretty bad. I removed pidove for a spirnarak. Let's see how that turns out

Vikavolt isn't all that bad, 145 sp atk is amazing. The 43 speed is what makes it challenging to use. If you have a pokemon that can set up trick room or tailwind, vikavolt is a joy to use. Levitate also comes in clutch against ground types.

From the looks of it, so far your team is quite solid. A good mix of offensive and defensive options. I don't think there are any need for changes right now. The spinarak that you swapped, when it evolves could be quite a menace. IMO, the strongest mons on your team so far, is Combusken and Roselia , they can really help you get through Reborn. If you have a male Espurr, then it could help you with it's ability to set up priority screens. If not, then espurr is still a splendid Sp. Attacker early game 

Notable mons that you could get (as mentioned by VividGrey) are Mightyena with Intimidate to come in clutch against strong physical mons and Technician Kricketune wrecks early game but falls off quite quickly, so beware. Trubbish setting up Toxic Spikes could also help you wear down your enemy's mons. Also, I highly recommend that you get a Woobat in the Opal Ward by following the train tracks to the east of Peridot and stepping on the dark spots on the ground. You could use Simple + Calm Mind to sweep most of the fights. 

But, ultimately the decision is on you, you can get through Reborn with only mons that you like just fine with enough prep. Even 'bad' mons can shine in Reborn, if used correctly. 

Hope it helps! 😀

P. S. Speed Boost Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken is amazing

Spoiler

3 hours ago, VividGrey said:

Vikavolt isn't all that bad, 145 sp atk is amazing. The 43 speed is what makes it challenging to use. If you have a pokemon that can set up trick room or tailwind, vikavolt is a joy to use. Levitate also comes in clutch against ground types.

I just beat the 3rd gym 🙂 and I got a helioptile. Was wondering if he is better than grubbin. I'm waiting for trickroom tm. Surprisingly, I haven't found decent tms till now. Ariados is such a joy to use.

Spoiler

3 hours ago, VividGrey said:

I just beat the 3rd gym 🙂 and I got a helioptile. Was wondering if he is better than grubbin. I'm waiting for trickroom tm. Surprisingly, I haven't found decent tms till now. Ariados is such a joy to use.

2 hours ago, Drag said:

From the looks of it, so far your team is quite solid. A good mix of offensive and defensive options. I don't think there are any need for changes right now. The spinarak that you swapped, when it evolves could be quite a menace. IMO, the strongest mons on your team so far, is Combusken and Roselia , they can really help you get through Reborn. If you have a male Espurr, then it could help you with it's ability to set up priority screens. If not, then espurr is still a splendid Sp. Attacker early game 

Notable mons that you could get (as mentioned by VividGrey) are Mightyena with Intimidate to come in clutch against strong physical mons and Technician Kricketune wrecks early game but falls off quite quickly, so beware. Trubbish setting up Toxic Spikes could also help you wear down your enemy's mons. Also, I highly recommend that you get a Woobat in the Opal Ward by following the train tracks to the east of Peridot and stepping on the dark spots on the ground. You could use Simple + Calm Mind to sweep most of the fights. 

But, ultimately the decision is on you, you can get through Reborn with only mons that you like just fine with enough prep. Even 'bad' mons can shine in Reborn, if used correctly. 

Hope it helps! 😀

P. S. Speed Boost Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken is amazing

Yeah, it's pretty solid till now. But pretty sure I might easily get swept pretty soon. Won my 3rd gym in my first try and only combusken fainted lol. Is helioptile any better tho? I'm thinking of taking out bronzor or pancham, not sure who tho. And yeah, combusken is pretty amazing with the speed boost but I love ariados more 😝