Win/Loss Records & Choices

Johnny_Nevori

I've always wanted a Pokemon game where there wasn't any black/white outs if you lose, instead just take the L like a champ and kind of work off of that.

Having a W/L system could add new depth to the games such as story progression, loss of exp for pokemon, tournaments would be better, ETC, ETC.

Now I get that there may be some grey areas about it such as W/L records for every trainer if all trainers are static. But that is where the creative team would have to join together to figure it out. IDK, Its just a thought that i always have had and always wanted but i just don't like playing online, and its implemented in other genres of games such as fighting, sports, racing, and a few others. 

Also is it possible to give the player choices throughout the story? it always kinda bothered me that the player usually a 10-13yo would just run around the world blindly following everything and accepting everything without any words or any choices at all. This has been a problem with every Pokemon game both official versions and mods/hacks/fan games, I feel as if every game should just be called Pokemon Mute. lol

Its probably just wishful thinking but is there any possible way to do any of this stuff in Reborn or any Pokemon game at all?

Sorry for the rant.

As for wins/losses, some gym leaders do react if you challenge them a second/third/etc time, though it's just a small dialogue. But then again, what else would change? For gym leaders, well, it's normal for trainers to need multiple attempts. For the evil team, uh... If you actually lost against them, you'd be. Dead. Though there are some fights you can lose and the story progresses.

As for choices... They exist in Reborn. Some with small consequences (e.g. relationship with certain characters might go up or down), others with big ones.

• Like 3