Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

How Rare Is Durant?

Eclipse Blaze

Question

Hey, question. Where is Durant? I heard it is in Tanzan Mountain, but I can't seem to find him anywhere. It doesn't seem to be in the wild as a random encounter, but I could be wrong. Am I just unlucky? Does anyone know about what the encounter rate percentage for Durant is?

632.png

10 answers to this question

Umm he's a bit rare it took me about 20-25 minutes to find one and it'll take longer if you want a hustle durant. You don't find durant in tanzan mountain,you find it in tanzan depths the caves that the giant steelix created. GL! ^_^

Thank you so much! :3

I just spent almost an hour of using sweet scent constantly, only to find out he is in the tanzan depths..... I kind of wanted him before the ice gym in Spinel Town but oh well..... I guess I'll just raise an Escavalier. Thank you.

If you want a little more accurate equation...The total of the Tanzan Cave would probably equal to Durant being 5% and even more rare. Drilbur being 2% or 1%. It was a little iffy as the time of Durants appearing were equal to Drilbur but you could say that both Drilbur and Durant are below a 5% of finding. It'll take awhile but you'll find 'em!

Edited by Cowtao

The irony is that once you've unlocked Tanzan depths, you'll be happy to find a Durant even AFTER owning one, because they have one of the highest Base EXP gains you can find, combo that with Tanzan Depths being one of the most late-game areas you can train at AT THE MOMENT, Durants will provide a nice sum of Exp, better than Unowns.

For reference, Unowns have base 61 exp while Durant have 169 Base Exp, so they'll effectively yield 1.77x more exp than Unowns at equal levels

If you want a little more accurate equation...The total of the Tanzan Cave would probably equal to Durant being 5% and even more rare. Drilbur being 2% or 1%. It was a little iffy as the time of Durants appearing were equal to Drilbur but you could say that both Drilbur and Durant are below a 5% of finding. It'll take awhile but you'll find 'em!

it seems i got lucky to encounter and caught them both while im in the story of finding the giant steelix, knowing this percentages

durants drop rate seems to be much lower than that, ive been running around for almost an hour in the steelix tunnels and i have found more dugtrios drillburs boldores onixs and diglets then i have hairs on my head, is there anyway to modify his spawn rate? scratch that, at the hour 5 minute mark i finally got a durant to spawn, hopefully i can annihilate this malamar and g.gardeviour now

Edited by sgthank

Erm, this topic was created about a year ago. No need to necro it.

Anyways, you're probably not in the "depths" yet. You just need to keep searching for other ways to get lower. Durant does have a 5% encounter rate though, so that is a pain to deal with but you should be able to snag it eventually.